Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I thought he left Seattle without a contract? Did someone jump the gun reporting this!
    i havent heard anything just heard ;nfl network he will be making up his mind over the weekend ...

he didnt sign confirmed flew home with out a contract

im not one to cheer a guy on that jumps on the one of the best teams in football looking for a ring ....to each his own ...

im happy for gerhart if jags make it to super bowl for his hard work yeah i love it ..but to step on a team top defence ahhhh ...i just think its cheap ...im glad mossand new england got beat in the super bowl

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Can't fault him for jumping off a floundering Viking ship to a team with a solid chance to repeat. He will at least get to play in the playoffs. I don't see him dominating or requiring double teams and he may well be a situational rusher. It's better to let a guy go a year early than a year late.

TeamSoftware is offline Rookie

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamSoftware View Post
    He has, though he is still formidable in certain situations. I really don't think the Bears gained anything by switching out Peppers for Allen, though I KNOW the Packers got much better.

I LOVED to hate Peppers, and I don't expect that to change...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Can't fault him for jumping off a floundering Viking ship to a team with a solid chance to repeat. He will at least get to play in the playoffs. I don't see him dominating or requiring double teams and he may well be a situational rusher. It's better to let a guy go a year early than a year late.
    I am guessing you are not a glass half empty guy. Your glass has been empty so long it is full of dust.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    He has, though he is still formidable in certain situations. I really don't think the Bears gained anything by switching out Peppers for Allen, though I KNOW the Packers got much better.

I LOVED to hate Peppers, and I don't expect that to change...
    Peppers is a solid player but he has done nothing great for a few years. The Bears decided he was done, but the Pack is hoping for a little more life. Jared is still a double digit sack guy. Important when you face Rodgers twice a year
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Jared Allen to the Bears

Peppers is a solid player but he has done nothing great for a few years. The Bears decided he was done, but the Pack is hoping for a little more life. Jared is still a double digit sack guy. Important when you face Rodgers twice a year
    Jared Allen was overpaid last season at $14 million and a $17 million cap hit. The Bears will get him for about half of what he was earning for the Vikings, which is similar to what the Vikings are paying Everson Griffen this season.

For that price, why didn't the Vikings and Allen work out a deal? Allen's agent had been looking for $10 million per season, but the reports are that kind of money was not on the table.

The Bears signed Jared Allen, Willie Young and Lamarr Houston at defensive end. Will these three players rotate, like the Vikings would have done, or will the 300 lbs Houston slide inside to the three technique tackle position?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Jared Allen was overpaid last season at $14 million and a $17 million cap hit. The Bears will get him for about half of what he was earning for the Vikings, which is similar to what the Vikings are paying Everson Griffen this season.

For that price, why didn't the Vikings and Allen work out a deal? Allen's agent had been looking for $10 million per season, but the reports are that kind of money was not on the table.

The Bears signed Jared Allen, Willie Young and Lamarr Houston at defensive end. Will these three players rotate, like the Vikings would have done, or will the 300 lbs Houston slide inside to the three technique tackle position?
    Probably because they decided they would rather spend the money on Griffen than Allen. May not end up being the right choice, but the team is obviously on a youth campaign.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12