Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Jared Allen’s ‘coach’ gets a new job

[size=13pt]Allen’s ‘coach’ gets a new job[/size]

February 14th, 2009 – 1:50 PM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Jared Allen never seemed to want to get too in-depth on the subject, but the Pro Bowl defensive end did acknowledge last December that after struggling early in the year he decided to hire his old line coach, Bob Karmelowicz, to help him out on a free-lance basis....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Jared Allen’s ‘coach’ gets a new job

sounds like a coach we should have brought on in some capacity .....

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think it should hurt his production too badly, I don't know if his technique was the reason he wasn't playing to potential the first 5 games. I think it was(and I believe Allen said it as well) more of a comfort issue at the start of the season, then when he loosened up he started playing like his old self.

And I didn't realize it until I read one of the comments on this article by "VikingJohn." Jared Allen had more sacks than the entire Kansas City team this year. lol

"Mr" wrote:
    I don't think it should hurt his production too badly, I don't know if his technique was the reason he wasn't playing to potential the first 5 games. I think it was(and I believe Allen said it as well) more of a comfort issue at the start of the season, then when he loosened up he started playing like his old self.

And I didn't realize it until I read one of the comments on this article by "VikingJohn." Jared Allen had more sacks than the entire Kansas City team this year. lol
    Yep, JA had 14.5 sacks last year & the Chiefs finished last in the league with 10 sacks on the year. Every other team had 17 sacks or better.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Yep, JA had 14.5 sacks last year & the Chiefs finished last in the league with 10 sacks on the year. Every other team had 17 sacks or better.
    we should have brought him in as asst. d-line coach instead of loosing him to a divison rival and bringing in the other guy... whoever he is..

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

I have not been impressed with the coaching of Karl Dunbar over the past few seasons, and I didn't like the way that Allen was playing early this season.
    Now we find out that it wasn't Dunbar that helped Allen improve during the season, it was some other line coach that will now coach in Detroit.

Great ....

"Minniman" wrote:
    I have not been impressed with the coaching of Karl Dunbar over the past few seasons, and I didn't like the way that Allen was playing early this season.
    Now we find out that it wasn't Dunbar that helped Allen improve during the season, it was some other line coach that will now coach in Detroit.

Great ....
    I was thinking the same exact thing. If Allen is having troubles with his playing again next year, who is he going to call/rely on to get him back on track now that Karmelowicz is unavailable?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:

Great ....
    I was thinking the same exact thing. If Allen is having troubles with his playing again next year, who is he going to call/rely on to get him back on track now that Karmelowicz is unavailable?
    The DL rotations this year were terrible, especially early on.
    Wonder what they are gonna be like without the to Williams boys this year for a time.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

How is it possible to have only 10 sacks?
    I would think the QB would trip and fall enough to get close to that number.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

That fact that Allen brought in a personal coach speaks volumes about the incompetence of our coaching staff.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast