singersp is offline PPO Newshound

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    I wonder how many players have bonuses written into their contracts for making the Pro Bowl, and if the new format would somehow screw players out of money that they would have likely gotten if the rules hadn't changed?
    SKOL VIKINGS!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    The pro-bowl has been horrible for a long time, changes needed to be made. I don't know if these are the correct changes, but something had to be done.

Saying that the pro-bowl is all about the players and their honor is pretty arrogant. The fans come first, the main goal of the pro-bowl should be to showcase the league and entertain fans. The players have big enough egos as is.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Pro-bowl is skewed in its voting, guys get in past their prime, some skip it due to injuries, other have their ego's bruised losing the championship games and stay home, other miss it due to being in the SB...rulers have been flaky and guys have gone through the motions and some guys do go full tilt but if Allen is worked up about it he can just roller around on his cash pile. I'm sure that will make him feel good.....and any bonus money he gets for being the season sack leader and setting the record this year

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    The pro-bowl has been horrible for a long time, changes needed to be made. I don't know if these are the correct changes, but something had to be done.

Saying that the pro-bowl is all about the players and their honor is pretty arrogant. The fans come first, the main goal of the pro-bowl should be to showcase the league and entertain fans. The players have big enough egos as is.
    I think they should consider it an honor that fans vote them in.

But it doesn't really mean much, since most fans are morons. I think the All-Pro teams are typically more reflective of who's the best player(s) at their positions.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    I like the idea of "Captain's Choice," so long as it's not the same guys every year.

What they really need to do is bring back the skills challenges, and then some.

If they want to make rule changes, make it something interesting, but keep it real. The two-minute drill is silly.

Since it counts for nothing, give the guys some freedom as to where they can play on the field. Patrick Willis wants to take some snaps at RB? Awesome, go ahead. Ed Reed wants to play receiver? Let him. I remember seeing Shaq take the ball up court during the NBA all-star game a bunch of times, sometimes he'd just dribble up and shoot. It was hilarious. Let these guys do the same. Who cares if you win or lose? It's the pro bowl.