Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 201 to 202 of 202
  1. #201
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Jared Allen is overpaid and overrated!!!

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Redrouster" wrote:
    "oldschoolmikey" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "oldschoolmikey" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=48323.msg897166#msg897166 date=1231957493]
    [quote author=oldschoolmikey link=topic=48323.msg897162#msg897162 date=1231957337]
    Well, I stick with my original post.
    If the Vikings didn't dump all of their draft picks and all of their money on one player maybe they would have been able to get past the first round of the playoffs.

    As great as it may seem to have a guy that gets pressure on a qb and gets a sack every other game or so.
    How much more valuable would a qb be that could convert 3rd downs, or a receiver that could actually get open once in a while?
    (The vikings already had a top 10 defense without Allen by the way.)

    Fans like Allen because he is entertaining and has an outgoing personality, and occasionally gets a sack.
    But, this team would have been better off with their draft picks the money to spend on multiple players, especially on offense.
    No. You're wrong.

    His play on the field is one thing, but the swagger he brings to the defense is something that can't be quantified.

    Plus, being #5 in sacks isn't too shabby.

    Go back in your hole.
    The highest paid defensive player in the NFL and he was only #5 in sacks.
    Yea, he's not overpaid at all. :
    The year before he was #1 in sacks...

    Only him and Demarcus Ware were in the top 5 last year and this year...

    Say what you will, but you only succeed in showing your own ignorance.


    (he's still leads in Playoff sacks for the 2008 season, btw...)
    The year before he played for the Chiefs, so who cares?
    Hooray!
    He leads the 2008 playoffs in sacks!
    That still equals a big fat loss.
    How many sacks did he get in 2007 vs 2008?
    [/quote]

    15.5 in 2007, 14.5 in 2008 (and two safeties)
    [/quote]

    He only played 14 games in 2007.
    His individual numbers were better in 2007, but his overall impact on our team in 2008 was awesome.
    He has earned his money.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  2. #202
    PurplePride80's Avatar
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,980

    Re: Jared Allen is overpaid and overrated!!!

    Self-ownage!
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 07:34 AM
  2. Jared Allen...
    By oldschoolmikey in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 06:10 AM
  3. Just met Jared Allen
    By Capital_J in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 06:03 PM
  4. Could i get a Jared Allen sig please????
    By dcboardr41 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 10:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •