Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Jared Allen Ordered to Stop Sack Celebration

per wikipedia:

"NFL football

Taunting and extreme celebration are both offenses in the NFL; as a result, gaudy displays are often frowned upon. If the league views the act as highly offensive, large fines and even suspensions can be issued. In 2006 the NFL, in an effort to cut down on celebrations, amended its rules to include an automatic 15 yard penalty against any player who leaves his feet or uses a prop, like a towel, or more specifically the football.[2]. An exception is made for players doing a Lambeau Leap or Ball spike."

Of course they have to lick the Pukers balls on everything they do.

Wiki
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Crunchem wrote:
    The NFL is just too much...his sack celebration is pretty tame. How bout they cut down the celebrations after every play. The players now days are like ohhhh look i made a tackle now i'm going to have a stroke/convulsion. I think the NFL makes a big mistake taking away endzone celebrations and such (as long as they don't take forever and are not crude). The fans enjoy most of it and they are the ones paying the tickets.
    It's too bad the NFL doesn't care about the fans.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

SMH, What a crock o'shite! .. maybe JA can get round it by squatting rather than actually touching his knee down :unsure:

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

This is simply pathetic.

"whatever happens out there today men, remember don't enjoy yourself and for goodness sake don't put on a show for the paying public"

Way to go NFL
    Purple till i die

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    This is simply pathetic.

"whatever happens out there today men, remember don't enjoy yourself and for goodness sake don't put on a show for the paying public"

Way to go NFL
    I wonder if we could find a lawyer in MN, to take on a class action law suet, against the NFL for discrimination.

In our country U.S., employment discrimination occurs whenever an employer or its representatives adversely single out employees or applicants on the basis of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion and a variety of other reasons.

Who's with me?

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I hope the NFL flags/fines the next player who goes down on a knee and points to the sky or does a prayer in celebration.

Same rule right?

I also want to see Allen really test the officials with this, come really close to touching the ground, but not actually make contact with his knee. It's clean then, right? But really what's the difference?

No fun league.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

What's wrong with a two second celebration?.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGS20...eature=related

If that's a problem I'm scratching my head to why this isn't
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmR1c...eature=related

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

NordicNed wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    This is simply pathetic.

Way to go NFL
    I wonder if we could find a lawyer in MN, to take on a class action law suet, against the NFL for discrimination.

In our country U.S., employment discrimination occurs whenever an employer or its representatives adversely single out employees or applicants on the basis of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion and a variety of other reasons.

Who's with me?
    I'm all for it...stated as much earlier in this thread.

Caine

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

Anyone notice how they flagged Browns players for leaping into the crowd yesterday after scoring a TD? They should flag Green Bay after every single "Lambeau Leap" from now on...

Also, I think it was Denver game (could be wrong) but the officials hey penalized a team for delay of game after a timeout... however, it was the official's fault for not resetting the play clock correctly. However, they still enforced the penalty.... same thing happened to the Colts, but Manning complained and they replayed the down. Seems to me like officials are blatantly showing favoritism this year more than in the past.

Is it even possible for the officiating to any worse? These guys are complete hacks.
    None

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

The officiating is god awful, I said it before that its turned into a game where the winner is determined by how many calls (or non-calls) they can get to go their way, instead of who the better teams is.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast