Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Jared Allen Ordered to Stop Sack Celebration

Well....... Jared Allen got his sack yesterday. He did his celebration like he normally does, but he didn't get flagged. What was the whole point of ordering him to stop him then? I'm not really mad at them for enforcing the rule, (because it's stupid) but what is the point of saying one thing and do another?

More importantly, what was the point of making a seven pages long thread? This was a waste of PP.O's time. We should sue them! :lol:

HEY wrote:
    Well....... Jared Allen got his sack yesterday. He did his celebration like he normally does, but he didn't get flagged. What was the whole point of ordering him to stop him then? I'm not really mad at them for enforcing the rule, (because it's stupid) but what is the point of saying one thing and do another?

More importantly, what was the point of making a seven pages long thread? This was a waste of PP.O's time. We should sue them! :lol:
    I was watching for this too. When he did his celebration I do not believe his knee ever touched the ground, therefore it is not technically a penalty. I could be wrong though.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

NeoVikesTX wrote:
    HEY wrote:

I was watching for this too. When he did his celebration I do not believe his knee ever touched the ground, therefore it is not technically a penalty. I could be wrong though.
    You made me doubt myself so I went back to watch the footage of the game just to be sure. I found out that all of the footage of Allen was from one angle where you can't see his knee. However, it looks like you were right just based on how easy he got up, but I can't be 100% sure.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

I may be wrong about this, but I think the rule is worded that the player may not leave his feet, not that he may not go to his knees. Now, it is impossible to kneel without "leaving your feet" but there is a difference.

If I am right and it is about leaving your feet, then there have been a LOT of celebrations not flagged, Every dunk over the crossbar, every leaping chest bump...

It's just another example of how many rules are only enforced when the officials feel like it.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

I think a player that only gets one sack per season should be allowed to celebrate however he wants
    None

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach

It didn't look like he went to his knee to me. It looked more like a squat. It's just another bogus rule ruining the game.

I watched the Hawks-Cards game and a Seattle ball carrier took a knee, and rolled imaginary dice to celebrate after a long run, but he wasn't flagged.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Traveling_Vike wrote:
    I may be wrong about this, but I think the rule is worded that the player may not leave his feet, not that he may not go to his knees. Now, it is impossible to kneel without "leaving your feet" but there is a difference.

If I am right and it is about leaving your feet, then there have been a LOT of celebrations not flagged, Every dunk over the crossbar, every leaping chest bump...

It's just another example of how many rules are only enforced when the officials feel like it.
    Doubt leaving your feet draws any kind of flag or the Packers would get flagged after every "Lambeau Leap" TD.

By rule, you can't go down on your knee(s)unless looking/pointing to the sky as if in prayer or you will be flagged.

My question would be, what makes going down on a knee (and not praying) so taboo, so evil, so wrong, that it draws a 15 yarder, yet other celebrations like the Lambeau leap, which involves fans, does not?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Reignman wrote:
    It didn't look like he went to his knee to me. It looked more like a squat. It's just another bogus rule ruining the game.
    Yeah, i thought he squatted rather than touched the knee down too.

It is just another BS rule that is making this the No Fun League

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

singersp wrote:

My question would be, what makes going down on a knee (and not praying) so taboo, so evil, so wrong, that it draws a 15 yarder, yet other celebrations like the Lambeau leap, which involves fans, does not?
    I guess nothing would happen on that until either a player or fan was injured as a result- then the league will step in but until then don't expect anything - looks too good for the league's highlight reels..
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Big Matt is offline Starter

singersp wrote:
    Traveling_Vike wrote:

Doubt leaving your feet draws any kind of flag or the Packers would get flagged after every "Lambeau Leap" TD.

By rule, you can't go down on your knee(s)unless looking/pointing to the sky as if in prayer or you will be flagged.

the Lambeau leap was grandfathered in as allowable...I beleive it says so earlier in this thread

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011