Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: Jared Allen has defense looking Sharper

"kevoncox" wrote:
    jared allen doesn't solve the biggest issue I had with out secondary. They were whores on jump balls. Bowe, Curtis, Curry and Randle El all had their way wih our corners in position. With the ball in the air like it was, our CBs have to work on timing and knockdowns. Way too many times they went up and got MOSSED( that saying sucks now that he doesn't wear purple)
    Yeah i agree, but at least they where in position to make the play, and not getting burnt down the field

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    jared allen doesn't solve the biggest issue I had with out secondary. They were whores on jump balls. Bowe, Curtis, Curry and Randle El all had their way wih our corners in position. With the ball in the air like it was, our CBs have to work on timing and knockdowns. Way too many times they went up and got MOSSED( that saying sucks now that he doesn't wear purple)
    Yeah i agree, but at least they where in position to make the play, and not getting burnt down the field
    it's true.

with less time, the qb will have less time to lay it up like that.

have a good DE always helps the secondary, in all facets of defending the pass.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I hear ya my friend, but those types of passes usually take touch and time to throw.
    I don't think QB's will have that luxury this year.
    Not always my wise friend. A fade route is possible the quickest play next to the quick slant. That jump ball in NC jumps out the quickest to me. I think Allen will be a monster but I think the team and defense must continue to improve on all facets. Jump balls
    can, still kill us. I'm stoked that we have an elite defense though. I'm just salvating. We are looking like the new Ravens.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I hear ya my friend, but those types of passes usually take touch and time to throw.
    Not always my wise friend. A fade route is possible the quickest play next to the quick slant. That jump ball in NC jumps out the quickest to me. I think Allen will be a monster but I think the team and defense must continue to improve on all facets. Jump balls
    can, still kill us. I'm stoked that we have an elite defense though. I'm just salvating. We are looking like the new Ravens.
    Excellent point.

Problem is you have to be inside the red zone for that to happen.
    I suspect we won't see opposing teams getting many of those opportunities this year.
    ;D

Additionally, I concur with the need for improvement at all levels.
    Lets hope the team peaks about week 15 or so for a cakewalk through the playoffs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Excellent point.

Problem is you have to be inside the red zone for that to happen.
    I suspect we won't see opposing teams getting many of those opportunities this year.
    ;D

Additionally, I concur with the need for improvement at all levels.
    Lets hope the team peaks about week 15 or so for a cakewalk through the playoffs.
    Thats the best part of your post!

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

We all agree that our pass defense was suspect at times last year.
    I think we could all also agree you can't cover a receiver forever.

Allen will help, but we still have to get pressure/sacks from the rest of our D to cover our lack of consistent coverage at times.

After awhile teams will bootleg the QB to the opposite side of Allen to give him more time.
    We are gonna have to bring pressure from other spots on the field and maintain coverage.

I am excited though.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    They are not even going to have chances if any to try some. If they do. Me putting
    the name purple people eater II on my car 2 years ago apparently was for a future reason I didnt know about.. And that is now. Because we now have the NEW Purple People Eaters #2
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Yea, they got beat on many plays like you mentioned earlier, and yea theres a few areas that can sitll get us burnt.
    Just remember tho, Griffin, McCauley, and Gordon all didn't have that much experience going into last year.
    They'll at least be one year improved this year

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    We all agree that our pass defense was suspect at times last year.
    I think we could all also agree you can't cover a receiver forever.

Allen will help, but we still have to get pressure/sacks from the rest of our D to cover our lack of consistent coverage at times.

After awhile teams will bootleg the QB to the opposite side of Allen to give him more time.
    We are gonna have to bring pressure from other spots on the field and maintain coverage.

I am excited though.
    this is something i was contemplating. here would be a good situation for one of the lb's to be spying on the qb. and with all the extra's (te/rb) taken up blocking our front 4. the lb's will have open highways to make it to a scramblin qb.

so.. they bootleg left to protect themselves, and EJ lays a hit that knocks them back to wednesday..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

PackOne is offline Rookie

My contribution to this topic, is passing along something a guy from California thought interesting. Quite a play on of words I think.

"The sky's the limit with Jared Allen. And playing inside our dome will only help."

-Leslie Frasier, Defensive coordinator

www.usatoday.com/sport...htm?csp=34

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast