Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Jared Allen: The guy we love to hate - Not impressive this season

This is deceiving, We are first in team sacks due in large part to the pressure Allen puts on opposing QB's, So what if he doesn't get the sack, He's helping K Will, and Edwards get theirs. More importantly teams know they better get the ball off quick because they will get pressure, Thus meaning Allen causes coaches to game plan with him as their #1 nuisance. I know everyone here knows all this but just thought I'd add my one cent worth.

Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    There is absolutely no way Jared Allen has only hit the QB 15 times.

10.5 sacks means at least 10.5 hits.

And he hit Hasselbeck probably 6-10 times last week, he was all over the place.

This guy's stats are wrong. There's a unanimous media opinion on Allen, he's a great football player. There's a reason why everyone is mentioning him as the front-runner for Defensive Player of the year.

I hate bleacherreport.com it's a bunch of people who think they're journalists, who can't write, most of the time know very little, and are almost always biased.
    You and I could write a better piece of drivel then they could. And I can't write worth shit!
    Either of us could sign up for, and write for bleacher report. Anyone can, lol!

And I know for certain I can write a better article than 95% of people on there.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    There is absolutely no way Jared Allen has only hit the QB 15 times.

10.5 sacks means at least 10.5 hits.

And he hit Hasselbeck probably 6-10 times last week, he was all over the place.

This guy's stats are wrong. There's a unanimous media opinion on Allen, he's a great football player. There's a reason why everyone is mentioning him as the front-runner for Defensive Player of the year.

I hate bleacherreport.com it's a bunch of people who think they're journalists, who can't write, most of the time know very little, and are almost always biased.

Bingo...I hate the Bleacher Report too.

Sacking Aaron Rodgers is like catching the swine flu—everyone is doing it. Sacking Aaron Rodgers is like hitting concrete after you stumble out of the bar. Sacking Aaron Rodgers is so easy, a caveman could do it.
    So easy a caveman could do it, huh? His favorite team sacked Rodgers once yesterday. That makes 6 for both games...1.5 less than Allen had by himself. Clearly this bozo has another agenda. I hope Jared reads this Doucher Report, lol.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Jared Allen Not Impressive This Season for Minnesota Vikings[/size]
    That is propably the dumbest statement I've heard all year.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"HEY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Jared Allen Not Impressive This Season for Minnesota Vikings[/size]
    That is propably the dumbest statement I've heard all year.

That...and http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...c,48323.0.html

I am so happy he's here...if he played for another team, I would respect his abilities, but I'd probably hate him.

Let all the JA haters out there denigrate his play, while at the same time wishing they had him playing DE for them.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

I don't know.
    I disagree with the guy, but it does seem a little strange that Allen has 7.5 of 10.5 sacks against one guy this year.
    I can see how that might look on the surface.

And while I really like some of the stuff that ProFootballFocus.com does, I'm not sold on its rating and grading system yet.
    Looking around, it appeared to me that the ratings and stats were based off the TV coverage of games.
    That's fine to an extent, but it hides the play away from the ball

But if the writer wants to use that site's information and doesn't think Allen is having a defensive player of the year type season, that's his choice.
    I'm not sure Allen is a strong defensive MVP candidate myself, and I would like to see him get sacks in more games as well.
    I'm just not worried about those things.

That's because Jared Allen is a very strong player that has been good for years.
    I happen to think that his play in all aspects of the game has been great this year.
    He was in the backfield again all day on Sunday, whether it was hitting Hasselbeck or forcing Seneca Wallace to turn around and eventually run out of bounds for a ten yard loss.

At the end of the day, he's a good player that is fun to watch, whether he wins an award or not.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

[img width=450 height=166]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e300/teesutt/Whatyoujustsaid.jpg[/img]
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Can we please stop with the blecher report articles? They SUCK!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    He's as unimpressive as 2nd in the league in sacks, can be.
    Who cares what some media hack says.
    BleacherReport does not even equal a media hack....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"TARKenton" wrote:
    [img width=450 height=166]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e300/teesutt/Whatyoujustsaid.jpg[/img]

HAHAHAHA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast