Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    This is something you simply REFUSE to accept. You believe he's a rotational guy, fact is, he's not.
    Changing your tune now I see and changing your facts because you got caught with your shorts down......

    Show me one time were I refused to accept what you contend? Never once has his time on the field been brought into or discounted by me. NEVER.

    My point is, and has been that they have been running guys outside for 3 years now instead of him and his reps have been more and more inside. Nothing more, nothing less. FACT.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, played outside more than in my jiggly butt.
    Who EVER said Winfield played outside more?

    More things you're inventing I see.

    I said Winfield played most snaps out of anyone. He played inside on almost ALL nickel alignments.

  3. #23
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    This is what I said. Let me break it down point by point so you can understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    You see, the thing is, that's not what happened at all.

    Winny was the full-time starter. When Cook got hurt, Jefferson and Robinson rotated in at the other starter. Winfield almost always went inside in nickel formations, and until the playoffs, Robinson almost never played nickel. When Winfield had to sit out due to injury, It was Sherels or Burton, not Robinson playing slot.

    But I don't want to let facts get in the way of your good argument.
    1. Winfield started almost every game
    2. Winfield played in the nickel when we went to 3 CB formations
    3. Winfield played almost ever play he was healthy enough to play in (Did not EVER specify whether inside or outside)
    4. When Winfield was out, Robinson didn't usually play slot, it was Sherels.

    What part did you miss?

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    This is what I said. Let me break it down point by point so you can understand.


    1. Winfield started almost every game
    2. Winfield played in the nickel when we went to 3 CB formations
    3. Winfield played almost ever play he was healthy enough to play in (Did not EVER specify whether inside or outside)
    4. When Winfield was out, Robinson didn't usually play slot, it was Sherels.

    What part did you miss?
    So you contend that Winny was never on the sideline with other CB's playing outside/ Never. He was always the starter that only moved inside.

    Last year Chad lead the team in snaps, 1226, Whinny had 1057. What happened to those snaps? Hmmmmmm hmmmmm hmmmmm?

    And how did Rob playing the slot in the past get to be part of this discussion. I said I think he could move inside this year. No were did I say he played the slot.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    So you contend that Winny was never on the sideline with other CB's playing outside/ Never. He was always the starter that only moved inside.

    Last year Chad lead the team in snaps, 1226, Whinny had 1057. What happened to those snaps? Hmmmmmm hmmmmm hmmmmm?
    I went by nfl.com's team stats claiming 1083 Defensive Scrimmage plays. If that's wrong, that's not my problem. Regardless, Winny was less than 200 plays off the team leader. Means he was on the field more than most players on the team[quote]

    And how did Rob playing the slot in the past get to be part of this discussion. I said I think he could move inside this year.

    No were did I say he played the slot.
    umm....
    Please don't get me wrong, I think this cat might beat out Rob for the starting spot with Rob moving inside. Just makes sense, but I also see Rob getting some reps outside when he is put into situations that are to big for him.

    If you go back and watch the tape, that is what they did with both Cook and Rob
    Here you say: Rob might not start, but play in the nickel. You then Immediately say "That's what they did" previously by watching the tape.

    Your words, not mine.

    Now, if you simply didn't communicate what you actually meant, you can excuse me for the fact that more than one person understood you differently.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I went by nfl.com's team stats claiming 1083 Defensive Scrimmage plays. If that's wrong, that's not my problem. Regardless, Winny was less than 200 plays off the team leader. Means he was on the field more than most players on the team
    Whenever there is a difference I always defer to the site I pay for....Profootballfocus.

    And how did Rob playing the slot in the past get to be part of this discussion. I said I think he could move inside this year.
    umm....

    Here you say: Rob might not start, but play in the nickel. You then Immediately say "That's what they did" previously by watching the tape.

    Your words, not mine.

    Now, if you simply didn't communicate what you actually meant, you can excuse me for the fact that more than one person understood you differently.
    Or you don't understand what I'm communicating.......

    To simplify....

    a. When Whinny wasn't outside (off the field or in the slot) someone else played that spot.

    b. Last year, Rob came in for most of those snaps.

    c. This year I think that Rhodes will take those outside snaps.

    d. When Rhodes is taking those outside snaps Rob will be the nickle.

    e. If Rhodes struggles at the outside, Rob will take over.

    Not to hard. Of course if you believe he never left the field then I could see your issue there. But we now know that isn't the case to the tune of about 200 to 250 snaps.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Whenever there is a difference I always defer to the site I pay for....Profootballfocus.


    Or you don't understand what I'm communicating.......

    To simplify....

    a. When Whinny wasn't outside (off the field or in the slot) someone else played that spot.

    b. Last year, Rob came in for most of those snaps.

    c. This year I think that Rhodes will take those outside snaps.

    d. When Rhodes is taking those outside snaps Rob will be the nickle.

    e. If Rhodes struggles at the outside, Rob will take over.

    Not to hard. Of course if you believe he never left the field then I could see your issue there. But we now know that isn't the case to the tune of about 200 to 250 snaps.
    Couple things. Robinson started out playing outside corner when Cook and/or AW were out, but as the year went on he was replaced by AJ. He was demoted.

    When Winfield went down, they went to Sherels for backup at nickel and had AJ as the next in depth behind Sherels at nickel. Robinson was only a depth outside corner when the year ended.

    As I mentioned earlier, Robinson has not been used at nickel in practice. That may change this year, but I think the coaches have some reservation as to whether his game is suited for nickel. The nickel db tends to be a more physical player that matches up and WR's, RB's and TE's along with defending the run and quite often blitzing. All things Winfield was great at.

    This new guy Lacey seems to be who they have picked to take over Winfield's spot at least early on for nickel responsibility.

    If Rhodes works out as expected, I think we will see him and Cook start on the outside, with Robinson the first on the depth behind these guys. More than likely, he will spell Rhodes or fill in for Cook when he gets hurt or suspended. AJ I see as purely depth for all DB spots.

    Blanton is a bit of a wildcard, not sure if they plan on using him at safety more, try him at nickel or does he even make the roster. I think Sherels and Burton are probably gone.

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Couple things. Robinson started out playing outside corner when Cook and/or AW were out, but as the year went on he was replaced by AJ. He was demoted.

    When Winfield went down, they went to Sherels for backup at nickel and had AJ as the next in depth behind Sherels at nickel. Robinson was only a depth outside corner when the year ended.

    As I mentioned earlier, Robinson has not been used at nickel in practice. That may change this year, but I think the coaches have some reservation as to whether his game is suited for nickel. The nickel db tends to be a more physical player that matches up and WR's, RB's and TE's along with defending the run and quite often blitzing. All things Winfield was great at.

    This new guy Lacey seems to be who they have picked to take over Winfield's spot at least early on for nickel responsibility.

    If Rhodes works out as expected, I think we will see him and Cook start on the outside, with Robinson the first on the depth behind these guys. More than likely, he will spell Rhodes or fill in for Cook when he gets hurt or suspended. AJ I see as purely depth for all DB spots.

    Blanton is a bit of a wildcard, not sure if they plan on using him at safety more, try him at nickel or does he even make the roster. I think Sherels and Burton are probably gone.
    Couple of thoughts....

    A. How can you get demoted when you come in as a rookie and try to start at the NFL level and do a pretty good job of it for the most part?

    B. I like your point on Blanton, but I'm not sure about why you think Rob can't move to the nickel?

    Who Should Play Nickel Back?

    A nickel back has all the skills of a good cornerback. However, he still needs to be a good tackler. In the nickel package, it's a gamble that it's going to be a pass, and you're down a linebacker as part of that gamble. If it turns out that it's a run, the nickel safety will have to step up and take over the run responsibilities of a linebacker.
    NIckel Back - What Is a Nickel Back?

    Scouting reports

    Definitely fast enough to run with either the TE's, RB's or even the slot WR's we are seeing them come in for and was known as a good tackler in run support at the collegiate level.

    Josh Robinson, CB, UCF, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    Josh Robinson Draft Profile

    Edit: Checked the stats.....3 Penalties, 49 Tackles, 4 Assts, 8 Missed tackles, 14 Def Stops.

    Not bad for a rookie if you ask me.
    Last edited by Marrdro; 05-07-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Couple of thoughts....

    A. How can you get demoted when you come in as a rookie and try to start at the NFL level and do a pretty good job of it for the most part?

    B. I like your point on Blanton, but I'm not sure about why you think Rob can't move to the nickel?



    NIckel Back - What Is a Nickel Back?

    Scouting reports

    Definitely fast enough to run with either the TE's, RB's or even the slot WR's we are seeing them come in for and was known as a good tackler in run support at the collegiate level.

    Josh Robinson, CB, UCF, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
    Josh Robinson Draft Profile

    Edit: Checked the stats.....3 Penalties, 49 Tackles, 4 Assts, 8 Missed tackles, 14 Def Stops.

    Not bad for a rookie if you ask me.
    He went from #3 (behind AW and Cook on the DB depth chart) to #4 (behind Cook/AW/AJ). That's called a demotion in my book. He was a rookie, so feel free to give him a break or explain the reasons, but it doesn't change the fact that he dropped a spot on the depth chart to a guy that most feel should never have donned an NFL uniform (that doesn't include me by the way).

    The main reason I have doubts about Robinson at nickel is because our coaches apparently have doubts. I haven't seen him play the position so hard for me to predict that he will likely be playing there next year. If we see him used more in pre-season and practice at nickel then perhaps they will try to use him there more. Robinson was on the sidelines when Sherels was getting eaten up by the Packers. When asked why Robinson wasn't used they said that Robinson has never been used at nickel including practices. AJ was next on depth after Sherels.

  10. #30
    smegmavike is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

    Edit: Checked the stats.....3 Penalties, 49 Tackles, 4 Assts, 8 Missed tackles, 14 Def Stops.

    Not bad for a rookie if you ask me.
    Did you have any passing stats. ?
    Seemed like he rarely contested a pass. He was good at clapping his hands together after the receiver he was covering caught the ball in front of him though.
    Despite his speed, he doesn't cover well. That's why he was benched.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •