Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Half way through the season you guys will be back on the "Our CB's play off to much" band wagon again.
    lol. so true.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Half way through the season you guys will be back on the "Our CB's play off to much" band wagon again.

And you will be be back on the "we need a warpig" when you find out Floyd isn't what you think he is going to be.

Hopefully the team will be kicking ass and we won't have to worry about what they are doing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    And you will be be back on the "we need a warpig" when you find out Floyd isn't what you think he is going to be.

Hopefully the team will be kicking ass and we won't have to worry about what they are doing.
    First, I know how long it will take my new Warpig to develop into what I want him to be. Second, I know how long it will take my new Warpig to develop into what I want him to be.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Agreed on the scheme. Maybe the starting nickel this year? I see him primarily outside in the future, but I don't think they will put him out there yet. He is going to be really physical either way though. That's his game. Lot's of contact. You can play physically in a zone defense. Ask Harrison the Eraser Smith! Haha. His game has Richard Sherman written all over it. Converted receiver with an eye for contact and great ball skills. I hate losing Winny but this pick makes me feel a lot better about it.
    Please don't get me wrong, I think this cat might beat out Rob for the starting spot with Rob moving inside. Just makes sense, but I also see Rob getting some reps outside when he is put into situations that are to big for him.

If you go back and watch the tape, that is what they did with both Cook and Rob. Rotated Whinny in when it got a bit tough.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Please don't get me wrong, I think this cat might beat out Rob for the starting spot with Rob moving inside. Just makes sense, but I also see Rob getting some reps outside when he is put into situations that are to big for him.

If you go back and watch the tape, that is what they did with both Cook and Rob. Rotated Whinny in when it got a bit tough.
    Robinson never played nickel corner for us last year. He started on the outside when Cook was out and was demoted later in the year behind AJ. AJ was also listed ahead of Robinson at nickel (order was Winfield, Sherels and then AJ).

Cook and Rhodes IMO have a good chance of being our starting outside corners this year with Robinson backing them up and most likely seeing a fair amount of playing time. The new guy we just signed (Lacey) looks like he is being selected for nickel with AJ a backup for any position.

Whether Robinson can become a nickel corner, I'm not so sure of. The staff hasn't given it much consideration to date and his game isn't necessarily suited for corner.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

You see, the thing is, that's not what happened at all.

Winny was the full-time starter. When Cook got hurt, Jefferson and Robinson rotated in at the other starter. Winfield almost always went inside in nickel formations, and until the playoffs, Robinson almost never played nickel. When Winfield had to sit out due to injury, It was Sherels or Burton, not Robinson playing slot.

But I don't want to let facts get in the way of your good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    You see, the thing is, that's not what happened at all.

Winny was the full-time starter. When Cook got hurt, Jefferson and Robinson rotated in at the other starter. Winfield almost always went inside in nickel formations, and until the playoffs, Robinson almost never played nickel. When Winfield had to sit out due to injury, It was Sherels or Burton, not Robinson playing slot.

But I don't want to let facts get in the way of your good argument.
    Look, whinny might have been the CB that took the field first, but he played inside alot more than he did out last year, especially when all the CB's were healthy. So no, it is how it happened last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Robinson never played nickel corner for us last year. He started on the outside when Cook was out and was demoted later in the year behind AJ. AJ was also listed ahead of Robinson at nickel (order was Winfield, Sherels and then AJ).

Cook and Rhodes IMO have a good chance of being our starting outside corners this year with Robinson backing them up and most likely seeing a fair amount of playing time. The new guy we just signed (Lacey) looks like he is being selected for nickel with AJ a backup for any position.

Whether Robinson can become a nickel corner, I'm not so sure of. The staff hasn't given it much consideration to date and his game isn't necessarily suited for corner.
    I never said Rob played the nickel last year. I said I think he will be a good fit there this year with Cook and Rhodes on the outside. Rob would only move back to the outside if Rhodes started to struggle.

I think you just read me wrong on that.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Look, whinny might have been the CB that took the field first, but he played inside alot more than he did out last year, especially when all the CB's were healthy. So no, it is how it happened last year.
    He might have played inside more than outside last year, but that's becasue we ran alot of nickel sets on D. Fact is the Vikings were on the field for 1,083 defensive snaps. I can't find a number for how many Winfield is on, but Numerous sites have him at just under 90% of all defensive snaps. Now, taking into account he was injured for a bit, that means he's on the field almost every play. This is something you simply REFUSE to accept. You believe he's a rotational guy, fact is, he's not.

Yes, he too the field FIRST, but unlike ANYBODY ELSE playing corner, he stayed on the field unless too hurt to do so. He had by far the most snaps of any corner on the Vikings last year.

You might be your own self-appointed master of the X and Z receivers, as well as the 0-1-3 tech DT's, but you seem almost clueless about who was on the field in the secondary last year.

Antoine Winfield Highlights[HD] - YouTube

Very interesting when you actually look at were Whinny is vs were you think he lined up. Almost all of these are with him in the nickel. A couple of them he's all the way back playing S.

LOL, played outside more than in my jiggly butt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast