Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter

Jared Allen appreciation thread

Jared Allen won't return to Vikings, to test free agency for 1st time - CBSSports.com

Well, it was expected but it makes me sad but he was one of the greatest Vikings ever! I will never forget that insane 1 hand sack to sack Eli and that amazing 22 sack season! Thank you Jared for the wonderful memories and I wish Jared the best of luck!

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    It makes me sad, and maybe a little angry. There are some players that MUST maximize their playing value, because their life after football is hazy; a couple more million dollars might be needed to guarantee a good "rest of my life". Allen is not one of those people; he is popular, very articulate, and I am SURE he will have a job in football that pays well for as long as he wants one.

As such, he has the option many players don't: he can play for a little less to stay/go to the team he wants to play for. I was hoping he would exercise that option with us, and try to take this team to the next level. Unfortunately, he either thinks the team is years away or he just doesn't want to wear purple anymore.

Either way, his light shine a bit more dimly in my eyes.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    This was expected and is the right decision but still kinda sucks.

So many sacks on the field, seemed to love winning as much as fans did, and is always good for a funny interview. That 6 years flew by. He's the best player to ever come out of the Culinary Academy.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    It ain't over til the fat lady sings. One of the best Vikings ever.

Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    It makes me sad, and maybe a little angry. There are some players that MUST maximize their playing value, because their life after football is hazy; a couple more million dollars might be needed to guarantee a good "rest of my life". Allen is not one of those people; he is popular, very articulate, and I am SURE he will have a job in football that pays well for as long as he wants one.

As such, he has the option many players don't: he can play for a little less to stay/go to the team he wants to play for. I was hoping he would exercise that option with us, and try to take this team to the next level. Unfortunately, he either thinks the team is years away or he just doesn't want to wear purple anymore.

Either way, his light shine a bit more dimly in my eyes.
    I am sure he wants a Superbowl ring and the Vikings are years away from contending for a Superbowl so he wants a Superbowl ring before he retires and I do not blame him for it

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    It will be interesting to see where he goes. He wants a ring and he is going to pick a team that gives him that chance. I will be pissed if he goes to the Patriots or Green Bay.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    It will be interesting to see where he goes. He wants a ring and he is going to pick a team that gives him that chance. I will be pissed if he goes to the Patriots or Green Bay.
    I would be pissed if he signed with a division rival

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingsFan1234 View Post
    I would be pissed if he signed with a division rival
    I wouldn't. It's the business of the NFL and I wish him the best in his future. Besides, he's a 4-3 scheme pass rusher. He won't be going to the Packers, but you never know about the Lions or Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I wouldn't. It's the business of the NFL and I wish him the best in his future. Besides, he's a 4-3 scheme pass rusher. He won't be going to the Packers, but you never know about the Lions or Bears.
    True

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Gonna miss him. He has given us a lot of good memories. I wish him well. (He is going to miss out on the Vikings Super Bowl).
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast