Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I did notice JA wasn't in the game for alot of plays. I don't like this, JA needs to consistently wear down a blocker, and taking him out like that doesn't help.

However, he did get robbed of that sack. He was not offside, he jumped the snap absolutely perfectly.
    2nd point, agree.

1st point, disagree. Jared (as awesome as he is) often overruns running plays in his zealousness to get to the QB. If they give him a blow in some obvious running situations, I think that only helps the team. Griffen is an athletic stud who needs to get into the game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    From the game recording, I was watching the line play on a few key plays of the game. I noticed a few things: the Vikings inside offensive line blew defenders off the ball on goal-line plays, and even when Jared Allen was stunted inside on defense, the guard would move to him for the double team.

It is obvious the gameplan was to double team Jared on every down he was in. Double with the guard, tight end, or back; just put more than one body on him. They ran at him to put an extra blocker on him. For the most part it worked, but Robison did make them pay for it.

If I was coaching the Vikings, I would have corner blitzed of the right side or did a nine overload (the end lines up on the nine and rushes inside taking the tight end and tackle with him so the blitz has no linemen to deal with) on the left until the Jags had to single up on Allen.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    After what looked like a first play tackle/sack/TFL called back by a penalty, Jared Allen started the season with 0 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 passes defensed, 0 TFL.

Does that mean he did not make a difference in the game? It does not. Jared Allen was consistently double teamed, rubbed, or both throughout the game. This allowed his teammates to make plays and provide pressure.

It doesn't look great on Jared Allen's stats though.
    Let's not forget though, he was shutdown. No need to make excuses for him. Sure he was double-teamed some of the time, rubbed or both, but lets not make this sound like it's the first time ever that he has been double-teamed.

JA has been in the league 8 years going on 9 years now. This has been happening to him his entire career. This isn't the first game he's gotten shut down & it won't be his last. Same goes for a lot of other great DL men. I recall him starting out slow a few years back when we opened in GB.

Thing is, JA doesn't quit & he gives a 100% every game regardless of how many people are on him. Come years end, he'll be right up there in sacks/production like he's been so many times in the past.

No need to start a thread to defend him. JA doesn't need to be defended. His past history speaks for itself.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-13-2012 at 06:35 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

He's not wrong. That jump was just absolutely perfect. He beat his guy out of his stance. Refs are just dumb.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    I just did the math, and if 2 offensive players were on JA the whole game, he did his job, pure and simple. That should have left someone free and clear to make plays.

Zeus, you are right though. JA did over pursue a couple of times to get to the QB and the O-Lineman just used that momentum against JA to create a nice running lane.

However, I will take JA on my team all day long.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12