Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Jared Allen 2012

After what looked like a first play tackle/sack/TFL called back by a penalty, Jared Allen started the season with 0 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 passes defenced, 0 TFL.

Does that mean he did not make a difference in the game? It does not. Jared Allen was consistently double teamed, rubbed, or both throughout the game. This allowed his teammates to make plays and provide pressure.

It doesn't look great on Jared Allen's stats though.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Yeah the Jags handled or game planned well for him. I didn't hear him get mentioned much at all the entire game. I hope they didn't provide the blueprint on how to slow him down now lol.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Yeah, he pretty much got shut down. B Rob was everywhere though.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    That's ok if he draws lots of action. That just means BRob will own people.

Even KWill got in the mix today....in a contract year he needs to do lots more of that to get any decent numbers in his final career contract negotiations.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Still, I believe could coaches would be able to move him around or do some things to allow JA to get more pressure. Whether that is with the use of stunts, LB's or just adjusting where he lines up, that is too valuable of a guy to let the other team just take him away.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Yeah just because his stat line showed blanks, doesn't mean he was ineffective. He was puttin pressure on gabbert quite a bit especially late.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    He was robbed of a sack by the replacement officials. The game was too fast for them. He just got off with the ball. Blown call.

Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    He was robbed of a sack by the replacement officials. The game was too fast for them. He just got off with the ball. Blown call.
    It was close. It looked like he anticipated the snap count and went with it. As a defender, he can move prior to the snap, so we must look to see if he entered the neutral zone prior to the snap. Looking at the replay in slow motion, it looks like his helmet has entered the neutral zone at the snap. In that, it looks like a fair call. One must note that the officials have allowed similar snap movement by defenders against the Vikings in other games with no call, but each crew is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Still, I believe could coaches would be able to move him around or do some things to allow JA to get more pressure. Whether that is with the use of stunts, LB's or just adjusting where he lines up, that is too valuable of a guy to let the other team just take him away.
    I agree. The Vikings needed to move him around, double stunt, or overload to negate the emphasis on blocking him.

Robison was single blocked for most of the game, and he was able to have a great game. That is great, but Allen needed to make plays too.

I also noted that Jared Allen was out of the game from time to time, and that was the first indication of the new rotation. It may well benefit the team later on, but it did not help Allen's stats on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Yeah just because his stat line showed blanks, doesn't mean he was ineffective. He was puttin' pressure on Gabbert quite a bit especially late.
    One must note that Jared Allen was not credited with a quarterback hit. I do not know if he was credited with a hurry.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I did notice JA wasn't in the game for alot of plays. I don't like this, JA needs to consistently wear down a blocker, and taking him out like that doesn't help.

However, he did get robbed of that sack. He was not offside, he jumped the snap absolutely perfectly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast