Thread: Jared Allen

drewlovs is online now Pro-Bowler

Jared Allen

Is there an "official" stance on what the team plans to do with Allen? Has anyone seen any interviews or read any articles detailing why he and the team have yet to come to terms?

I expect next year to be a MUCH better season with a year of seasoning under Floyd's belt, posing a real threat to offenses. At this time, it seems to me (and you can correct me if I am wrong here) they just double team Allen and forget about him. At this time, we have no way to make them pay for that double team.

I do NOT think Allen is past his prime, and I'll point to strahan as an example. His best years were some of his last, experience means a LOT when fighting for sacks. Strahan was just not the only threat the Giants had at the time, and he took advantage.

Opinions? Hard information? Anyone?
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Is there an "official" stance on what the team plans to do with Allen? Has anyone seen any interviews or read any articles detailing why he and the team have yet to come to terms?

I expect next year to be a MUCH better season with a year of seasoning under Floyd's belt, posing a real threat to offenses. At this time, it seems to me (and you can correct me if I am wrong here) they just double team Allen and forget about him. At this time, we have no way to make them pay for that double team.

I do NOT think Allen is past his prime, and I'll point to strahan as an example. His best years were some of his last, experience means a LOT when fighting for sacks. Strahan was just not the only threat the Giants had at the time, and he took advantage.

Opinions? Hard information? Anyone?
    There is zero hard information about this. In interviews with Allen, he said he's happy to play out his contract, and deal with it after the season. He's glad they haven't approached him to restructure, but they have not talked about an extension. Unless he's iwlling to take a significant pay cut, he's gone.