Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: James hurting

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: James hurting

It's time to cut him loose.
    I had big hopes for him, but we knew he was injury prone when we drafted him.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikings: Return is shortlived as James goes on IR[/size]

The former Badgers defensive end is done for the season as he reinjured his anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: December 7, 2007 - 9:50 PM

Erasmus James' comeback from a knee injury suffered early in the 2006 season seemed to be complete Sunday when he started his first game of the year at right defensive end....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

We have tons of young talented DE's

Time to let him go.. Hopefully he can get healthy and have a good NFL career

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

He will need an ACL reconstruction. It's late in the season. He isn't likely to be ready to go by the start of next season. Very sad. It might be the end of his career. I hope not.
    There is no reason to let him go yet. See how the surgery and rehab goes, then make a decision next training camp.
    This guy showed a lot of promise. I suspect his surgery wasn't quite right last time. He had the second surgery and may have pushed too hard too soon. I remember Culpeppers knee wasn't very good last year, but looks much better this year.
    Greenway had a good outcome. But not everyone is as lucky.

James doesn't deserve to be disrespected because he got injured!

I wish him the best.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    He will need an ACL reconstruction. It's late in the season. He isn't likely to be ready to go by the start of next season. Very sad. It might be the end of his career. I hope not.
    There is no reason to let him go yet. See how the surgery and rehab goes, then make a decision next training camp.
    This guy showed a lot of promise. I suspect his surgery wasn't quite right last time. He had the second surgery and may have pushed too hard too soon. I remember Culpeppers knee wasn't very good last year, but looks much better this year.

I wish him the best.
    We all wish him the best not only as a player but a human and a Viking

But I think he needs to be let go

Mitchell, Edwards, Udeze, Robison.. We have tons of young talent

Hopefully Rasmus does come back healthy.. But I think we need to just let him go

That would be sad to see our 2 first round picks go from a couple years back.. T-will and Rasmus

WOW

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    you know... they just may end up doing that anyway... or they could just sign Simeon Rice for like a week or so.. then cut him like everyone else
    Yup there could be a Semen signing soon.

??? What's on your mind?
    :P

It's snowing outside (never mind I live in Hawaii). But yeah.....that's it.......it's snowing outside. ;D

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"V4L" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

I wish him the best.
    We all wish him the best not only as a player but a human and a Viking

But I think he needs to be let go

Mitchell, Edwards, Udeze, Robison.. We have tons of young talent

Hopefully Rasmus does come back healthy.. But I think we need to just let him go

That would be sad to see our 2 first round picks go from a couple years back.. T-will and Rasmus

WOW
    I would like to keep rasmus. But history keeps repeating itself with him, and he's defiantly our highest earning end. We should cut him loose because we're going to have to get another end for depth in the offseason anyways, or a starter if need be.

He will likely sit on the pup list for the first 6 weeks of next year too then, judging by jargosstatement.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

I tell you what, I am not totally sold on our coach yet, but his dfarting is pretty damn good. As far as DE Robison will be a good replacement. I hope, he does well in pass rush i think he will be fine
    in rush stopping also, he is too a beast!! Gotta love it.....I cant stand waiting for the #15 game this SUCKS>

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_3846.jpg[/img]
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

I think Robison will fit in good on run stuffing I know he is a great pas rusher and with the frasier defense we have he should fit in fine. I dont know about the practice squad DEs. But I am still not sold on soach yet although our draft personel is awesome, I must say that, we know how to draft! We just need to use them a little more in thier proper positions!

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_3846.jpg[/img]
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

The latest injury to Erasmus is not as bad as his previous one. He'll be back, and let's hope we're smart enough to keep him. He'll be good when he gets back.

Go Vikings!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567