Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: James hurting

Re: James hurting

"AngloVike" wrote:
    I'm hoping that James doesn't turn out to be injury prone... just when you need him to step and be ready this happens - sheesh
    I think you're late to the party on this one.
    James already has turned out to be injury prone.
    Or as one guy commented in the Zulag article:

"Blog" wrote:
    Wow…James is hurt? What’s next, you gonna tell me that T.Will cant catch?!
    Put another way, James has played in only 23 of 44 games since he was drafted.

[quote author=jessejames09]I think chiller knew about the suspension coming up. Why else would he take 5 DE's into a game. Now it all makes sense why James was starting. He was setting the other 4 up for the rest of the season. Trying to prepare them for more of a workload.[/quote]

That's a possibility, but I think that it probably had more to do with the Lions' offensive gameplan.
    Rushing the passer is hard work and wears the guys down.
    You want a lot of guys to rotate in and out so that they stay fresh and can still get after the passer in the fourth quarter.
    I just think that, knowing the Lions would pass 80% of the time, getting a consistant pass rush was a priority this game.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Overlord" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    I'm hoping that James doesn't turn out to be injury prone... just when you need him to step and be ready this happens - sheesh
    I think you're late to the party on this one.
    James already has turned out to be injury prone.
    Or as one guy commented in the Zulag article:

"Blog" wrote:
    Wow…James is hurt? What’s next, you gonna tell me that T.Will cant catch?!
    Put another way, James has played in only 23 of 44 games since he was drafted.
    Thanks for the figures, I hadn't realised that he'd missed as many games as that ! So that does make a little behind on that issue
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

I think we'll still be fine... it's not like we had a dominant pass rush anyway... we just may end up blitzing more.. which could be a good thing...

Either way... he'll probably be alright... and if he's not... activate Donatarious have him put a hand on the ground and go for the QB...

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Now that really makes the whole Edwards issue a bit more desparate.
    Does anyone know if we have any DE's on the practice squad?
    I don't think so marrdro, we had [s]Scott[/s], Udeze, [s]James[/s], [s]Edwards[/s], Robison, and Mitchell at DE to start the season. We had so many Scott was playing a lot of DT too.

I think chiller knew about the suspension coming up. Why else would he take 5 DE's into a game. Now it all makes sense why James was starting. He was setting the other 4 up for the rest of the season. Trying to prepare them for more of a workload.
    Key word had. We now have 3 healthy Ends if James can't play. Not good.

Frostbite is offline Coach

Add to this we are expecting rain (Heavy at times) on Thursday and Friday here. The field will be covered (I Think) but it wouldn't surprise me if the grounds crew leave the tarps off as a tactic to slow down A.P. It could get very unstable in the trenches in Sundays game as Monster park is natural grass. I am hopeful that field conditions by Sunday will be ok.??

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

either way.. it will affect them just as much...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Frostbite" wrote:
    Add to this we are expecting rain (Heavy at times) on Thursday and Friday here. The field will be covered (I Think) but it wouldn't surprise me if the grounds crew leave the tarps off as a tactic to slow down A.P. It could get very unstable in the trenches in Sundays game as Monster park is natural grass. I am hopeful that field conditions by Sunday will be ok.??

Cheers!
    Leaving the field uncovered would result in MASSIVE fines from the NFL for the Niners.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Frostbite is offline Coach

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!
    Leaving the field uncovered would result in MASSIVE fines from the NFL for the Niners.=Z=

Yep....but money they got...it's tallent they lack....The only reason I thought about that is because they used this tactic before out here against potent running offenses....They did it a lot in the 80s....at then Candlestick Park. At this point in the 49er season that would be just another low point if they tried this....I am hoping they do the right thing...cover the field and just come out and take there beating like men!

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

I say let Fred Evans or Spencer Johnson come in and play some DT and move K-Will out to DE, I think K-Will is a good enough athlete to at least take a few snaps out there, especially on first and second down.
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

you know... they just may end up doing that anyway... or they could just sign Simeon Rice for like a week or so.. then cut him like everyone else

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast