Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1084798
    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1084791
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1084785
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1084769
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1084766
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1084760
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1084726
    Here's a stat:

Tarvaris Jackson has 20 starts with his highest passing yards of 249 yards.

Matt Flynn has 1 career starts and threw for 251 yards.

Something TJ never did.
    Flynn actually looked pretty good versus the Patriots...

Except for that pick-6...
    LOL, your trying that tact I see. Did you actually watch young Flynn or are you just throwing out a stat line?
    I watched that game and learned the Patriots defense isn't that good. They had some injuries up front and it showed.

Rodgers didn't look good on the sideline. His eyes were bugging out.
    Oh wait, they always bug out!
    They are good, however, they have a weakness (and injuries) that were a bit exposed by the Jets. Unfortunately the Jets couldn't exploit that weakness the way the PUKERS did, out of necessity by the way.

When they needed a QB to play QB, Flynn let them down. The first series of the 4th quarter really says it all.....run, run, penalty, INT.

Flynn played probably one of the best games for a QB making his first start against a 10 win team

He played good ball
    I agree, however, he didn't play well enough and when they needed him, he made tiny little mistakes and some big bad mistakes.

When he resorted to running (10 minute mark or so) of the 4th after getting sacked I knew it was over. Then that miss to Quarless (sp) with about 5 left. Ugly ugly QB play.

Again, good outing, but not what that team needed my friend.
    Pats Top Pack, 31-27, As Matt Flynn's Inexperience Dooms Green Bay Late

Flynn wasn't the only Packer that played well. Unfortunately, Flynn's inexperience got the best of him at the end of the game as he had trouble getting the final play call off and was sacked fumbling the ball. To give Flynn some credit, though, the Packers wouldn't have been in that position if it weren't for Flynn's solid play throughout the night. He impressed some folks on Sunday night.
    Apparently Marrdro wasn't one of them.

I'd be ecstatic if we got the same level of play from Webb. But that is an unrealistic expectation.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Jackson's streak over

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1084802
    Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

LOL, your trying that tact I see. Did you actually watch young Flynn or are you just throwing out a stat line?
    I watched that game and learned the Patriots defense isn't that good. They had some injuries up front and it showed.

They are good, however, they have a weakness (and injuries) that were a bit exposed by the Jets. Unfortunately the Jets couldn't exploit that weakness the way the PUKERS did, out of necessity by the way.

When they needed a QB to play QB, Flynn let them down. The first series of the 4th quarter really says it all.....run, run, penalty, INT.

Flynn played probably one of the best games for a QB making his first start against a 10 win team

He played good ball
    I agree, however, he didn't play well enough and when they needed him, he made tiny little mistakes and some big bad mistakes.

When he resorted to running (10 minute mark or so) of the 4th after getting sacked I knew it was over. Then that miss to Quarless (sp) with about 5 left. Ugly ugly QB play.

He had a couple bad throws (happens to every QB, every game)

Did u really expect him to come in there and outplay Brady and the Pats?

He came up just short.. I can blame him for not being smart enough to call a play on the fly at the end of the game.. But he played some damn good ball I wish Jackson could play a game like that
    Again, I agree on all counts.

All I'm saying is that team needed Rodgers (or a guy like Brady) to beat that team. In the end, good isn't good enough when it still results in a loss.

Back to what made him successful. If the Jets would have followed what the PUKERS did with Sanchize, I think they would have been a bit more competitive with Sanchize.

For the life of me I can't figure out why they got away from what they exposed. Maybe they didn't realize it cause of the baffffffoooooooooonnnnnnn they have as a HC.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1084800
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1084796
    Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball
    What cracks me up here is even with all the picks and the lousy play/leadership of TJ over his 20+ games in the NFL, Marrdro is calling out 1 pick for a guy that is starting his first game against a now 11-2 team. Yet all the excuses continue for a guy with much more experience and not as much leadership skills as Flynn portrayed last night.

Come on Mr. Marrdro. It's time to say TJ just doesn't have it and he never will. At least with the Vikings he won't. Maybe he becomes one of those late bloomers but right now he is not a good starting calibur QB in the NFL. He's had his chances and he has sucked. And for the poeple trying to say how great his preseason was in 2009 as well as his mop up duty, well his preseason this year was just as poor as it was good last year and his season thus far hasn't proven that he's improved much if at all.

I, for one, will be happy as hell beginning next year without TJ on the roster. Why? No more of these same ridiculous arguments of how TJ gave us a better chance to win than Brett Favre. The mobility Brett lacks is countered with the "know-how" and leadership than TJ lacks. I can't say TJ would have been more or less accurate than Favre this year but after watching that last game TJ played in I am more than sure he would not have improved our record at all.
    What cracks me up is that you would try to make this into a anti-TJ thread instead of following the good discussion line we were starting.

Sad my friend, very sad.......(JK, you crack me up).:laugh:
    LOL. Good come back. I was waiting for something witty from you.

I thought the discussion here was about TJ. I must be wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1084803
    Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball

Pats Top Pack, 31-27, As Matt Flynn's Inexperience Dooms Green Bay Late

Flynn wasn't the only Packer that played well. Unfortunately, Flynn's inexperience got the best of him at the end of the game as he had trouble getting the final play call off and was sacked fumbling the ball. To give Flynn some credit, though, the Packers wouldn't have been in that position if it weren't for Flynn's solid play throughout the night. He impressed some folks on Sunday night.
    Apparently Marrdro wasn't one of them.
    Don't get my comments off track.....I was impressed. I'm just saying that he wasn't good enough.

Other than the 66 yarder (I think thats what it was) they hit the Pats were they are weak, just likeh the Jets started out with, the PUKERS stayed short with high percentage passes and got some nice chunks that way.

Again, when they needed to get yards and big chunks of it, he wasn't able to do anything.

I'd be ecstatic if we got the same level of play from Webb. But that is an unrealistic expectation.
    Guess what my friend. I bet that 75% of the posters here on PPO, and 85% of the news hacks and chuckleheads from ESPN will use this game as thier main opinion of young Webb over the next 2 or 3 years.

I just hope Webb does a few nice things and that everyone on here remembers that he isn't gonna come out there looking like a HOF'r.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1084808
    Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball
    What cracks me up here is even with all the picks and the lousy play/leadership of TJ over his 20+ games in the NFL, Marrdro is calling out 1 pick for a guy that is starting his first game against a now 11-2 team. Yet all the excuses continue for a guy with much more experience and not as much leadership skills as Flynn portrayed last night.

Come on Mr. Marrdro. It's time to say TJ just doesn't have it and he never will. At least with the Vikings he won't. Maybe he becomes one of those late bloomers but right now he is not a good starting calibur QB in the NFL. He's had his chances and he has sucked. And for the poeple trying to say how great his preseason was in 2009 as well as his mop up duty, well his preseason this year was just as poor as it was good last year and his season thus far hasn't proven that he's improved much if at all.

I, for one, will be happy as hell beginning next year without TJ on the roster. Why? No more of these same ridiculous arguments of how TJ gave us a better chance to win than Brett Favre. The mobility Brett lacks is countered with the "know-how" and leadership than TJ lacks. I can't say TJ would have been more or less accurate than Favre this year but after watching that last game TJ played in I am more than sure he would not have improved our record at all.
    What cracks me up is that you would try to make this into a anti-TJ thread instead of following the good discussion line we were starting.

It was......I was just trying to be funny as I wove my way back to TJ off Flynn.

On a side note, what ever happened to all the Brohm fans on this site. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1084812
    Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball

It was......I was just trying to be funny as I wove my way back to TJ off Flynn.

On a side note, what ever happened to all the Brohm fans on this site. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Not real sure. Where is he playing or sitting now-a-days? Is it Buffalo?

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1084851
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1084812
    Here's a stat:

Something TJ never did.

He played good ball

Not real sure. Where is he playing or sitting now-a-days? Is it Buffalo?
    I think he is still there. Atleast I remember him throwing TJ his 1,000th catch.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

In response to the "OK, But what QB that was available would you take instead of TJ " I would like to add Flynn.

Actually after watching Clausen,McCoy and Tebow this week it looks like any of the three could be a candidate to be honest. I am not sure they would pan out any worse if we gave them 5 years in the same system with the same staff and handed them the job unchallenged.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1084952
    In response to the "OK, But what QB that was available would you take instead of TJ " I would like to add Flynn.

Actually after watching Clausen,McCoy and Tebow this week it looks like any of the three could be a candidate to be honest. I am not sure they would pan out any worse if we gave them 5 years in the same system with the same staff and handed them the job unchallenged.
    i still don't like Clausen, but we should have taken McCoy. Screw Tebow, he cost WAAAY too much to trade up for.

McCoy was there numerous times, and we opted for a runningback.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[quote="Marrdro" #1084811]
    Quote Originally Posted by "tastywaves" #1084803
    Guess what my friend. I bet that 75% of the posters here on PPO, and 85% of the news hacks and chuckleheads from ESPN will use this game as thier main opinion of young Webb over the next 2 or 3 years.
    Kind of like the Vikings-Packers rain game in 2006?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789