Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Jackson's streak over

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1083602
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083597
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083502
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1083476
    No, his streak will continue if Brett Favre isn't ready to go next week.
    Joe Webb Streak!

I'm curious, when Webb came onto the field did the crowd cheer?

I know in preseason, when Webb came on, the whole dome started cheering loudly for him. TJ, not so much.

I assume in Detroit, most of them have no idea who Webb is, but you never know.
    LOL, I love this stuff.

My guess, the same ones that cheered for Webb cheered for Blue and wanted him to start at S cause he made one decent play in pre-season. :laugh:
    Let's be fair here. The people cheering for Webb were doing so more because they were tired of TJack, not for any other reason.

My guess is the same ones who were cheering for Webb were the same that cheered for TJack when he came in in relief of Brad Johnson in 2006.
    that would be correct most likely. I was one of them haha.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083601
    Joe Webb Streak!

I know in preseason, when Webb came on, the whole dome started cheering loudly for him. TJ, not so much.

LOL, I love this stuff.

My guess, the same ones that cheered for Webb cheered for Blue and wanted him to start at S cause he made one decent play in pre-season. :laugh:
    So what, Cheering for a young new QB is bad now?
    Were did I say that? Thats it, I'm keeping a closer watch on you than I normally do.

Webb is an exciting guy to watch from preseason. People want to see how he'll do. That's why they cheer. That, and TJ gets off the field.

Do I want Webb to be our starter next year? Hell no! I would like to see if maybe he can do anything with our offense, since he's the most mobile, healthiest and didn't have any major screwups yet.

I'd like to see him, but I don't want him starting. He's likely not ready.
    I can go back and find the same kind of comments about TJ when BJ was sucking, just as I can for the guys I mentioned that wanted Blue on the field.

You wanna see them, watch during pre-season. They can be exciting there. Watching him last night was exciting. He ran and he threw one good throw on a rope. Big deal.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083609
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083601
    Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

So what, Cheering for a young new QB is bad now?
    Were did I say that? Thats it, I'm keeping a closer watch on you than I normally do.
    where you compare people cheering for Webb to the asshats who were wanting Blue and Jason Carter to be starting for the Vikings.
    Webb is an exciting guy to watch from preseason. People want to see how he'll do. That's why they cheer. That, and TJ gets off the field.

Do I want Webb to be our starter next year? Hell no! I would like to see if maybe he can do anything with our offense, since he's the most mobile, healthiest and didn't have any major screwups yet.

I'd like to see him, but I don't want him starting. He's likely not ready.
    I can go back and find the same kind of comments about TJ when BJ was sucking, just as I can for the guys I mentioned that wanted Blue on the field.

You wanna see them, watch during pre-season. They can be exciting there. Watching him last night was exciting. He ran and he threw one good throw on a rope. Big deal.
    Yeah, it really is quite similar. But at this point, the season is done, and TJ isn't in the future for us. Give Webb some plays maybe. Maybe don't start him, but why not leave Webb out there for the rest of the game rather than continuing to put TJ back out there, then running the ball for no gain? Worst case, Webb doesn't do a whole lot, we run out the clock and lose. Best case, Webb makes a few nice plays, we still lose, but know all hope is not lost if Tj goes down....that last part made me laugh.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Jackson has a more interesting streak going.

The Colliding with Your Teammates Streak!

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

Let's be fair here. The people cheering for Webb were doing so more because they were tired of TJack, not for any other reason.

My guess is the same ones who were cheering for Webb were the same that cheered for TJack when he came in in relief of Brad Johnson in 2006.
    I guess I can live with that. Doesn't mean I agree, especially on the whole TJ thing, but I can live with that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083621
    Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

I guess I can live with that. Doesn't mean I agree, especially on the whole TJ thing, but I can live with that.
    It must be hard to come to grips with being so completely and totally wrong about this topic for so long...

I wouldn't know personally, but I've heard from others that it is...

Don't worry, we'll let you drink some of the beers you're buying for us too....that might help take the edge off the pain of being so completely wrong...

Caine

Poor Marrdro.

Well, he DID bring it on himself.

Stuffed with crow, is the great Marrdro.

We can only hope he learns from this drubbing.
    --John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1083692
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083621
    Joe Webb Streak!

LOL, I love this stuff.

It must be hard to come to grips with being so completely and totally wrong about this topic for so long...

I wouldn't know personally, but I've heard from others that it is...

Don't worry, we'll let you drink some of the beers you're buying for us too....that might help take the edge off the pain of being so completely wrong...

Caine
    LOL, well, I still say I'm on target and it hasn't been that long. I've been on this bandwagon since late last year.

On a side note, I will send you the link to the Micro Brewies in the area that you and EJ will send your bets to me from and I don't intend to share. B)

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1083694
    Poor Marrdro.

Well, he DID bring it on himself.

Stuffed with crow, is the great Marrdro.

We can only hope he learns from this drubbing.
    Which was was the clock running on the channel you watched the game on?

LOL, in short, when I learn something from you, you will be the first to know it. My guess, it will be along time before its coming so I wouldn't hold my breathe if I was you. :laugh:

Marrdro said:

Which was was the clock running on the channel you watched the game on?

...when I learn something from you, you will be the first to know it.
    Which was was was was wha? Spitting feathers, my friend?

LOL!

If you could learn, you'd have learned by now to keep your mouth shut.

You just dig yourself in deeper the more you dig.

Don't talk with your mouth full of crow.

--John Wooden

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast