Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 280
  1. #21
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

    "Rambro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'm a fan of TJack, but to be fair...he is still the biggest question mark on our team.
    He has all the tangibles of a good QB, he just needs to pull it together and develop his skills at the NFL level.


    If any type of player can do it, it's TJacks type...
    The hard working, dedicated player with self motivation and a strong desire to suceed.

    By the way, I'm officially "friends" with TJack via Myspace.

    ;D
    lol, link please.

    but on topic...

    Tavaris Jackson A.K.A God's Gift To The Vikings, I have complete faith in this guy, he will lead us to the promised land.
    Ask and you shall receive:

    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=122876705

    Might not actually be Tarvaris, but it sure seems legit.
    Loaded with personal pics of him and his kids.
    I love how he calls Tarvaris Jr. - T2.

  2. #22
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his abili

    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Jackson has spent much of this offseason working on his accuracy and mechanics and trying to familiarize himself with every aspect of the offense, not just the quarterback position.
    That was my biggest concern when watching TJ last year. The accuracy and other rookie mistakes will improve with experience but if he gets the mechanics continually wrong until they become the norm then that will be it.
    This is where the coaching staff need to step in, I heard a lot of fans and media analysts give examples of poor mechanics, so if they can see it then why didn't the coaching staff tackle it. Hopefully this is being addressed and TJ will surprise everyone at TC and show what he can bring to the table.
    One thing I would like to make clear about TJ's mechanics is that he has very good throwing mechanics.
    Childress and our scouting department would not have targeted and reached in the secound round for a Division 1-AA QB with bad throwing mechanics.
    Anyone remember Chilly's comments as to why we didn't bring David Carr in when he was on the market? (other than he sucks...)
    Chilly simply said (with some paraphrasing here), "I don't like the way he throws the ball."

    IMHO, TJ tends to have breakdowns in his footworking mechanics when he gets a ton of pressure.
    I think he developed these bad habits in the past because he was the best athlete on the field and could get away with them.
    In the NFL you need to have engrained in your muscle memory good mechanics from not only throwing the ball, but your drops steps (3, 5, & 7), on rollouts, shotgun, stepping up into the pocket, etc.
    These are the things that you can work on with film study, quality repitition and "underwear" football workouts.
    These are the things that TJ has been working on all offseason as far as mechanics are concerned.
    These are not necessarily mechanics that you have to break a QBs whole throwing motion down to fix ala Woodson from Kentucky with his long stride and big hitch.



    I am really excited for TJ this year.
    The quote that jargomcfargo mentioned really caught my eye as well.
    When TJ was first thrown in the lineup, he said he didn't feel ready to start.
    Last year, he said he was learning as much as he can.
    Now he is saying that he feels comfortable.
    I read a lot of confidence into that quote. Again, I am ready for a break out year for TJ.
    FINALLY...something that I can agree with you on...now if I could only get you to stop riding the Pats' jocks.
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #23
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    While TJ may never be a Manning but I have grown attached to the guy this offseason. I thin He is a poor mans MIke Vick. If he can improve as a passer he may be able to lead this team sucessfully. I don't think that will happen in 2008. We are asking for too much
    of a jump to expect him to come out and rip teams apart. I expect an improvement as a positive sign. I expect 17 Tds and 12 Ints. That would be a solid improvement and signs that he gets it.
    Hmmmm, not sure if I would put him in that catagory (Vick).


    He is mobile, but he seems to be more willing to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball rather than tuck it and run at the first hint of pressure ala Vick.
    :
    When its all said and done, TJ will be a RICH man's Vick

    How is that for the optimum offseason optimism? :P
    Thats what I'm talking about.

    ;D
    (hey sent ya a PM).
    Hey, are you two turdburglars gonna drive up for the preseason game in B'more?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #24
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    While TJ may never be a Manning but I have grown attached to the guy this offseason. I thin He is a poor mans MIke Vick. If he can improve as a passer he may be able to lead this team sucessfully. I don't think that will happen in 2008. We are asking for too much
    of a jump to expect him to come out and rip teams apart. I expect an improvement as a positive sign. I expect 17 Tds and 12 Ints. That would be a solid improvement and signs that he gets it.
    Hmmmm, not sure if I would put him in that catagory (Vick).


    He is mobile, but he seems to be more willing to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball rather than tuck it and run at the first hint of pressure ala Vick.
    :
    When its all said and done, TJ will be a RICH man's Vick

    How is that for the optimum offseason optimism? :P
    Thats what I'm talking about.

    ;D
    (hey sent ya a PM).
    Hey, are you two turdburglars gonna drive up for the preseason game in B'more?
    haha I agree with you on a lot of things Caj, you just have remember the Pats stuff the most :P

    As far as the Bmore game goes, that is prime time Fantasy Football draft time.
    I usually play in 3 leagues and travel for one of the drafts, so the preseason time frame gets tricky.


    (thanks for the PM Marr, replied).

  5. #25
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

    To answer the silly reporters question no he's not the weak link. I believe Tarvaris will be a star in Minnesota, early on the situation in which he was placed was tuff but as fans we can all see we are building a solid team from top to bottom, starters to backups, offense, defense and specail teams. We will surround Tarvaris with talent, it will then be his decision wether to take off with it or stagnate. Tarvaris loves football, likes to win, and he wants to prove himself. Personally I'm very exited to have him as our QB. Watching the interview below shows me just how far he has come its practicly day and night. He has good coaching and the tools around him to do the job, he's willing to learn and work hard, he's the mold of champion and I hope he is the second black QB to win a SB nothing else would make me as happy considering the doubt he has recieved.

    IMO he will be better than Michael Vick, Tarvaris is a pocket passer first with the ability to scramble if necassary, much like Daunte. Michael Vick was an athletic freak with no brain, he had trouble with West Coast system complaining on national television, Tarvaris is in the process of mastering it and from what I know is not a complainer.

    http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=71546&bw=

  6. #26
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his abili

    Great Article! I love how confident Tjack is ;D

  7. #27
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,851

    Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    While TJ may never be a Manning but I have grown attached to the guy this offseason. I thin He is a poor mans MIke Vick. If he can improve as a passer he may be able to lead this team sucessfully. I don't think that will happen in 2008. We are asking for too much
    of a jump to expect him to come out and rip teams apart. I expect an improvement as a positive sign. I expect 17 Tds and 12 Ints. That would be a solid improvement and signs that he gets it.
    Hmmmm, not sure if I would put him in that catagory (Vick).


    He is mobile, but he seems to be more willing to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball rather than tuck it and run at the first hint of pressure ala Vick.
    :
    When its all said and done, TJ will be a RICH man's Vick

    How is that for the optimum offseason optimism? :P
    Or Vick will be a Poor Man's (or is it Ghey Man's, after his prison stint) Tarvaris Jackson.
    LOL
    When I said he was a poor man's Vick, i meant that he isn't as explosive with his legs. He isn't as fast or as elusive. It's not a knock on him. I've really turned around and Im almost a fan of the guy.

  8. #28
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=45135.msg782187#msg782187 date=1211388953]
    While TJ may never be a Manning but I have grown attached to the guy this offseason. I thin He is a poor mans MIke Vick. If he can improve as a passer he may be able to lead this team sucessfully. I don't think that will happen in 2008. We are asking for too much
    of a jump to expect him to come out and rip teams apart. I expect an improvement as a positive sign. I expect 17 Tds and 12 Ints. That would be a solid improvement and signs that he gets it.
    Hmmmm, not sure if I would put him in that catagory (Vick).


    He is mobile, but he seems to be more willing to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball rather than tuck it and run at the first hint of pressure ala Vick.
    :
    When its all said and done, TJ will be a RICH man's Vick

    How is that for the optimum offseason optimism? :P
    Thats what I'm talking about.

    ;D
    (hey sent ya a PM).
    Hey, are you two turdburglars gonna drive up for the preseason game in B'more?
    haha I agree with you on a lot of things Caj, you just have remember the Pats stuff the most :P

    As far as the Bmore game goes, that is prime time Fantasy Football draft time.
    I usually play in 3 leagues and travel for one of the drafts, so the preseason time frame gets tricky.


    (thanks for the PM Marr, replied).
    [/quote]

    And you have to remember that once the Pats suck again, you will be jumping off of the bandwagon.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #29
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    To answer the silly reporters question no he's not the weak link. I believe Tarvaris will be a star in Minnesota, early on the situation in which he was placed was tuff but as fans we can all see we are building a solid team from top to bottom, starters to backups, offense, defense and specail teams. We will surround Tarvaris with talent, it will then be his decision wether to take off with it or stagnate. Tarvaris loves football, likes to win, and he wants to prove himself. Personally I'm very exited to have him as our QB. Watching the interview below shows me just how far he has come its practicly day and night. He has good coaching and the tools around him to do the job, he's willing to learn and work hard, he's the mold of champion and I hope he is the second black QB to win a SB nothing else would make me as happy considering the doubt he has recieved.

    IMO he will be better than Michael Vick, Tarvaris is a pocket passer first with the ability to scramble if necassary, much like Daunte. Michael Vick was an athletic freak with no brain, he had trouble with West Coast system complaining on national television, Tarvaris is in the process of mastering it and from what I know is not a complainer.

    http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=71546&bw=
    Nice take...and great video as well.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #30
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,851

    Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    To answer the silly reporters question no he's not the weak link. I believe Tarvaris will be a star in Minnesota, early on the situation in which he was placed was tuff but as fans we can all see we are building a solid team from top to bottom, starters to backups, offense, defense and specail teams. We will surround Tarvaris with talent, it will then be his decision wether to take off with it or stagnate. Tarvaris loves football, likes to win, and he wants to prove himself. Personally I'm very exited to have him as our QB. Watching the interview below shows me just how far he has come its practicly day and night. He has good coaching and the tools around him to do the job, he's willing to learn and work hard, he's the mold of champion and I hope he is the second black QB to win a SB nothing else would make me as happy considering the doubt he has recieved.

    IMO he will be better than Michael Vick, Tarvaris is a pocket passer first with the ability to scramble if necassary, much like Daunte. Michael Vick was an athletic freak with no brain, he had trouble with West Coast system complaining on national television, Tarvaris is in the process of mastering it and from what I know is not a complainer.

    http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=71546&bw=
    Nice take...and great video as well.
    You atred for Vick spews forth from you. Come on man, no matter what he did you can't really say he had no brain. The guy went thru 3-4 offensive coord in 5 years. No one knew what to do with him. Some years he looked like it clicked and others he didn't. That same guy humiliated us in OT and we are always featured on his highlight tape. We as Vikings fans aren't ones to talk.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Some Vikings critics barely know team
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 05:56 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 11:57 AM
  3. Vikings - Chiefs Video link
    By Webbigale2002 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 02:16 PM
  4. Vikings go with weak Plan B at QB
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 02:20 AM
  5. Vikings: Defensive weak spot gets challenge
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 12:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •