Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his abili

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Is this still going on?
    The great TJ debate.
    I say ive TJj the year to see what he can do. Last year he played below an NFL QB level( although some of you will argue connect 7 of 10 for 100 yards was a great game). Howver, i am confident that he will no t disappoint this year and actually look a bit more polished. Booty may be the savior @ Qb, he may not. I don't believe he is ready yet. I say groom Booty and let Tj play 2008. 2009 should be the year we have a Qb battle if ever.
    Yes.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his abili

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    You are probably right, TJ needs all the time with the 1st string as he can get.
    As he has a long way before he's a good enough QB, and Booty probably doesn't need the reps as he is already one.

;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

You do a great job at getting under people's skin.
    Reminds me of the initial stages of leprosy.
    I commend you for that.
    What a Chigger.
    Maybe a title?
    pp.o chigger
    I like it.... I don't have a sig yet... I'll see if I can put one together.
    I got into a mess of them cats one year.
    WOW.

We (here in VA) put clear fingernail polish on them to get rid of them.
    I had them so bad that I used up all of Wildwomans clear polish and moved on to her pink nail polish.

Boy did I look silly.
    Pink Polka Dot Marrdro ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    You guys can talk about all the "regression statistics" you want to.

I know what I saw in 2007.

We need a new QB.

BTW, stop hating on Booty. Let him COMPETE... (something tells me that a USC QB who won the Rose Bowl *might* be able to displace a guy who went to I-AA Bama State...).

... call me crazy...
    :
    OK, crazy...in that case, Matt Flynn will be replacing Aaron Rodgers because he just won the National Championship last season...NOT

Move over, Tom Brady...because there are a couple of USC QBs behind you that obviously played for a better program than you did at sorry jiggly butt Michigan...

Flacco, you don't have a chance against Kyle Boller, who played in the rigorous Pac-10...so give it up you Blue Hen (never mind that a fellow alum of yours, Rich Gannon, was a former NFL MVP)...

Tony Romo...what the heck are you thinking...you went to a crappy I-AA school...how dare you think that you should be starting over Brad Johnson, who went to a D-I school like Florida State and won a Super Bowl as well...'

How could Ben Roethlisberger (from some little dinky school in Ohio) ever think that he should start over Charlie Batch, who played in the Big-10 with Michigan State...I just don't get it...what is he thinking...

And Derek Anderson...what is pathetic Oregon State versus the GREAT Notre Dame....and it's great product, Brady Quinn...surely Derek must be on drugs or mentally ill to think that he can beat out Quinn and the great football tradition of his old school.

And surely down in Tampa, Jeff Garcia must be shaking in his boots at the prospect that Chris Simms from the huge football school down in Texas (UT) is just gonna take away his starting position on the strength of the top schedule that Texas plays every year.

Dude, your logic has NO credibility...none at all.
    Cajun,
    SP is just stating "Let him COMPETE".
    He's not saying TJ should just step aside, or the coaches should just give Booty the job because he comes out of USC and won 2 Rose Bowls.
    Or do you think competition for any position is stupid.
    Mind you this is JUST hypothetical, if TJ was to have a QB rating of 55 and Gus a 58 in PreSeason. While Booty (granted against 2nd/3rd stringers) was to have a 155 and each game a comeback from behind to win the games.
    This wouldn't give you pause?

What I'm trying to say is competition is good, that just because Booty is a rookie, should not preclude him from getting a shot, if his performance warrents it.
    Oh, I'm ALL for competition...but the cold hard fact is THIS...Booty CAN'T compete at his current level...no matter how much you and bleedpurple want to dream.
    QB is not RB...Peterson could come in and start because the nature of his position allows it...by contrast, Booty would have to learn so much more in the short span of time to even get up to speed that the reality of it all is that he has NO CHANCE of supplanting TJack THIS SEASON.
    Now, NEXT YEAR, sure...let them compete...but thinking that Booty has a REAL chance to take the starting job away from TJack is only fooling yourself.
    HOLD ON CAJUN!!!... I ALWAYS SAID I'M NOT FOR BOOTY COMPETING AND HAD A WHOLE 10 PAGES WHY TJ WAS THE GUY!!!.. GET UR ISH STRAIGHT..!!!.... STARTING BOOTY OR EVEN ENTERTAINING THAT WOULD BE A GRAVE MISTAKE IMO.... I'D BE FOR GUS BEFORE WE GOT SOME BOOTY!!!

PLEASE DON'T LUMP ME IN WITH NONSENSE POSTS!!!... I HAVE MY REP TO MAINTAIN!! ;D

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

We need a new QB.

BTW, stop hating on Booty. Let him COMPETE... (something tells me that a USC QB who won the Rose Bowl *might* be able to displace a guy who went to I-AA Bama State...).

... call me crazy...
    :
    OK, crazy...in that case, Matt Flynn will be replacing Aaron Rodgers because he just won the National Championship last season...NOT

Move over, Tom Brady...because there are a couple of USC QBs behind you that obviously played for a better program than you did at sorry jiggly butt Michigan...

Flacco, you don't have a chance against Kyle Boller, who played in the rigorous Pac-10...so give it up you Blue Hen (never mind that a fellow alum of yours, Rich Gannon, was a former NFL MVP)...

Tony Romo...what the heck are you thinking...you went to a crappy I-AA school...how dare you think that you should be starting over Brad Johnson, who went to a D-I school like Florida State and won a Super Bowl as well...'

How could Ben Roethlisberger (from some little dinky school in Ohio) ever think that he should start over Charlie Batch, who played in the Big-10 with Michigan State...I just don't get it...what is he thinking...

And Derek Anderson...what is pathetic Oregon State versus the GREAT Notre Dame....and it's great product, Brady Quinn...surely Derek must be on drugs or mentally ill to think that he can beat out Quinn and the great football tradition of his old school.

And surely down in Tampa, Jeff Garcia must be shaking in his boots at the prospect that Chris Simms from the huge football school down in Texas (UT) is just gonna take away his starting position on the strength of the top schedule that Texas plays every year.

Cajun,
    He's not saying TJ should just step aside, or the coaches should just give Booty the job because he comes out of USC and won 2 Rose Bowls.
    Mind you this is JUST hypothetical, if TJ was to have a QB rating of 55 and Gus a 58 in PreSeason. While Booty (granted against 2nd/3rd stringers) was to have a 155 and each game a comeback from behind to win the games.

What I'm trying to say is competition is good, that just because Booty is a rookie, should not preclude him from getting a shot, if his performance warrents it.
    Oh, I'm ALL for competition...but the cold hard fact is THIS...Booty CAN'T compete at his current level...no matter how much you and bleedpurple want to dream.
    QB is not RB...Peterson could come in and start because the nature of his position allows it...by contrast, Booty would have to learn so much more in the short span of time to even get up to speed that the reality of it all is that he has NO CHANCE of supplanting TJack THIS SEASON.
    Now, NEXT YEAR, sure...let them compete...but thinking that Booty has a REAL chance to take the starting job away from TJack is only fooling yourself.
    I've said it many times, it's TJ's job to lose.
    Even if Booty lights it up in TC and pre-season it won't matter, TJ will also need to fall on his face too.
    i.e. 40+ QB rating points difference and Viking loses.
    As long as the Vikes are winning it won't matter what TJ is doing.
    TJ has AD and a greatly improved defense to save his butt.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=45135.msg785316#msg785316 date=1211991218]
    You are probably right, TJ needs all the time with the 1st string as he can get.
    As he has a long way before he's a good enough QB, and Booty probably doesn't need the reps as he is already one.

;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

You do a great job at getting under people's skin.
    Reminds me of the initial stages of leprosy.
    I commend you for that.
    What a Chigger.
    Maybe a title?
    pp.o chigger
    I like it.... I don't have a sig yet... I'll see if I can put one together.
    I got into a mess of them cats one year.
    WOW.

We (here in VA) put clear fingernail polish on them to get rid of them.
    I had them so bad that I used up all of Wildwomans clear polish and moved on to her pink nail polish.

Boy did I look silly.
    Pink Polka Dot Marrdro ;D
    [/quote]

I'm in AZ, where there is not a chigger to be found
    But I grew up in MN and each summer we stocked up on the clear polish too
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

We need a new QB.

... call me crazy...
    :

Cajun,

HOLD ON CAJUN!!!... I ALWAYS SAID I'M NOT FOR BOOTY COMPETING AND HAD A WHOLE 10 PAGES WHY TJ WAS THE GUY!!!.. GET UR ISH STRAIGHT..!!!.... STARTING BOOTY OR EVEN ENTERTAINING THAT WOULD BE A GRAVE MISTAKE IMO.... I'D BE FOR GUS BEFORE WE GOT SOME BOOTY!!!

PLEASE DON'T LUMP ME IN WITH NONSENSE POSTS!!!... I HAVE MY REP TO MAINTAIN!! ;D

It's StillPurple that is in the Booty Camp.
    Smart guy SP.

Bleed, I for one know your in the miss guided TJ cave, with Cajun and Marrdro... so your rep is just fine.
    ;D
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

We need a new QB.

... call me crazy...
    :

Cajun,

My bad...it was StillPurple that I was thinking of.
    Accept my heartfelt apologies, bleedpurple.

*shakes head*
    All those guys have similar sounding names
    *reminds self to get checked for Alzheimers*
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"gagarr" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

We need a new QB.

... call me crazy...
    :

Cajun,

I've said it many times, it's TJ's job to lose.
    Even if Booty lights it up in TC and pre-season it won't matter, TJ will also need to fall on his face too.
    i.e. 40+ QB rating points difference and Viking loses.
    As long as the Vikes are winning it won't matter what TJ is doing.
    TJ has AD and a greatly improved defense to save his butt.
    Yeah...just like Tom Brady had the Patriot defense in their prime to get him those three Super Bowl rings...but no one seems to remember that.
    And how Reggie White was the REAL reason why Bretty Boy got his ring as well.

"gagarr" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=StillPurple link=topic=45135.msg785094#msg785094 date=1211948962]

We need a new QB.

... call me crazy...
    :

Cajun,

It's StillPurple that is in the Booty Camp.
    Smart guy SP.

Bleed, I for one know your in the miss guided TJ cave, with Cajun and Marrdro... so your rep is just fine.

;D

[/quote]

As you are in the misguided anti-TJ bottomless pit, gagarr.

IwearSox21 is offline Training Camp

"Formo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Is this still going on?
    The great TJ debate.
    I say ive TJj the year to see what he can do. Last year he played below an NFL QB level( although some of you will argue connect 7 of 10 for 100 yards was a great game). Howver, i am confident that he will no t disappoint this year and actually look a bit more polished. Booty may be the savior @ Qb, he may not. I don't believe he is ready yet. I say groom Booty and let Tj play 2008. 2009 should be the year we have a Qb battle if ever.
    Yes.
    exactly there is no way booty fighting for starting spot this year. theres a reason he was drafted in the 5th round behind 5 other guys. that doesnt mean he wont ever be good, just not right now

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728