Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

"cajunvike" wrote:
    It will be so gratifying to this Vikings fan when TJack proves all the naysayers wrong.
    GO TJACK!!!
    GO VIKINGS!!!
    I agree!
    I'm not a fan of TJack, as I think he has a limited upside, but I hope he does well enough to make all these analysts EAT THERE WORDS!

Jeez... the analysts seem to ignore or downplay the other improvements... they just focus on TJ and pooh pooh the playoffs because of him.
    That's just plan ignorant of them.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

While TJ may never be a Manning but I have grown attached to the guy this offseason. I thin He is a poor mans MIke Vick. If he can improve as a passer he may be able to lead this team sucessfully. I don't think that will happen in 2008. We are asking for too much
    of a jump to expect him to come out and rip teams apart. I expect an improvement as a positive sign. I expect 17 Tds and 12 Ints. That would be a solid improvement and signs that he gets it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    While TJ may never be a Manning but I have grown attached to the guy this offseason. I thin He is a poor mans MIke Vick. If he can improve as a passer he may be able to lead this team sucessfully. I don't think that will happen in 2008. We are asking for too much
    of a jump to expect him to come out and rip teams apart. I expect an improvement as a positive sign. I expect 17 Tds and 12 Ints. That would be a solid improvement and signs that he gets it.
    Hmmmm, not sure if I would put him in that catagory (Vick).

He is mobile, but he seems to be more willing to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball rather than tuck it and run at the first hint of pressure ala Vick.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his abili

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I wonder if the during the Denver game the lights really came on?

Lets hope so my friends.
    I'm thinking maybe it wasn't as much as the lights turning on as it was T-Jack just wanting it more.
    I didn't see THAT much difference between the way he's played all last season compared to the 4th quarter of the Denver game..
    but I did see a fire under him.

It was like he said to himself..
    If I can't get the ball to any of my WRs, then I'm going to take it in the end zone myself.
    And he did.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his abili

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Jackson has spent much of this offseason working on his accuracy and mechanics and trying to familiarize himself with every aspect of the offense, not just the quarterback position.
    That was my biggest concern when watching TJ last year. The accuracy and other rookie mistakes will improve with experience but if he gets the mechanics continually wrong until they become the norm then that will be it.
    This is where the coaching staff need to step in, I heard a lot of fans and media analysts give examples of poor mechanics, so if they can see it then why didn't the coaching staff tackle it. Hopefully this is being addressed and TJ will surprise everyone at TC and show what he can bring to the table.
    One thing I would like to make clear about TJ's mechanics is that he has very good throwing mechanics.
    Childress and our scouting department would not have targeted and reached in the secound round for a Division 1-AA QB with bad throwing mechanics.
    Anyone remember Chilly's comments as to why we didn't bring David Carr in when he was on the market? (other than he sucks...)
    Chilly simply said (with some paraphrasing here), "I don't like the way he throws the ball."

IMHO, TJ tends to have breakdowns in his footworking mechanics when he gets a ton of pressure.
    I think he developed these bad habits in the past because he was the best athlete on the field and could get away with them.
    In the NFL you need to have engrained in your muscle memory good mechanics from not only throwing the ball, but your drops steps (3, 5, & 7), on rollouts, shotgun, stepping up into the pocket, etc.
    These are the things that you can work on with film study, quality repitition and "underwear" football workouts.
    These are the things that TJ has been working on all offseason as far as mechanics are concerned.
    These are not necessarily mechanics that you have to break a QBs whole throwing motion down to fix ala Woodson from Kentucky with his long stride and big hitch.

I am really excited for TJ this year.
    The quote that jargomcfargo mentioned really caught my eye as well.
    When TJ was first thrown in the lineup, he said he didn't feel ready to start.
    Last year, he said he was learning as much as he can.
    Now he is saying that he feels comfortable.
    I read a lot of confidence into that quote. Again, I am ready for a break out year for TJ.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    of a jump to expect him to come out and rip teams apart
    . I expect an improvement as a positive sign. I expect 17 Tds and 12 Ints. That would be a solid improvement and signs that he gets it.
    who are the people expecting him to rip teams apart? I dont think i have ever seen anyone on here saying he is gonna light up the stat sheet and the opposing D. We dont need him to do that, we just need him to lessen his mistaks and work on them. Id be happy with a 20td 12 Int year

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

He is mobile, but he seems to be more willing to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball rather than tuck it and run at the first hint of pressure ala Vick.
    :
    When its all said and done, TJ will be a RICH man's Vick

How is that for the optimum offseason optimism? :P

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

:

Thats what I'm talking about.
    ;D
    (hey sent ya a PM).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Jackson has spent much of this offseason working on his accuracy and mechanics and trying to familiarize himself with every aspect of the offense, not just the quarterback position.
    That was my biggest concern when watching TJ last year. The accuracy and other rookie mistakes will improve with experience but if he gets the mechanics continually wrong until they become the norm then that will be it.
    This is where the coaching staff need to step in, I heard a lot of fans and media analysts give examples of poor mechanics, so if they can see it then why didn't the coaching staff tackle it. Hopefully this is being addressed and TJ will surprise everyone at TC and show what he can bring to the table.
    One thing I would like to make clear about TJ's mechanics is that he has very good throwing mechanics.
    Childress and our scouting department would not have targeted and reached in the secound round for a Division 1-AA QB with bad throwing mechanics.
    Anyone remember Chilly's comments as to why we didn't bring David Carr in when he was on the market? (other than he sucks...)
    Chilly simply said (with some paraphrasing here), "I don't like the way he throws the ball."

IMHO, TJ tends to have breakdowns in his footworking mechanics when he gets a ton of pressure.
    I think he developed these bad habits in the past because he was the best athlete on the field and could get away with them.
    In the NFL you need to have engrained in your muscle memory good mechanics from not only throwing the ball, but your drops steps (3, 5, & 7), on rollouts, shotgun, stepping up into the pocket, etc.
    These are the things that you can work on with film study, quality repitition and "underwear" football workouts.
    These are the things that TJ has been working on all offseason as far as mechanics are concerned.
    These are not necessarily mechanics that you have to break a QBs whole throwing motion down to fix ala Woodson from Kentucky with his long stride and big hitch.

I am really excited for TJ this year.
    The quote that jargomcfargo mentioned really caught my eye as well.
    When TJ was first thrown in the lineup, he said he didn't feel ready to start.
    Last year, he said he was learning as much as he can.
    Now he is saying that he feels comfortable.
    I read a lot of confidence into that quote. Again, I am ready for a break out year for TJ.
    Gross, I don't want to see guys practicing in their underwear. What good would that do?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

:

Or Vick will be a Poor Man's (or is it Ghey Man's, after his prison stint) Tarvaris Jackson.
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast