Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    All i can do is pray that TJ improves like we want him to do.
    Right now he is our starting QB, so we should be wishin that he comes out looking like Steve Young in game 1.
    you want him to get a Michael Jackson bleach job?
    He has a skin problem...Atleast that what my mother told me when i was little
    :'( :'(

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

"kevoncox" wrote:
    All i can do is pray that TJ improves like we want him to do.
    Right now he is our starting QB, so we should be wishin that he comes out looking like Steve Young in game 1.
    I wouldn't do to much praying because it won't be doin any good.

Wishing and Honest Reality are huge in difference. Steve Young was a great QB but not even he shined till later years. Wishing or expecting Tarvaris to be heroe this year is far fetched. I'll go with reality as my wishes. I expect to see a more experienced and improved Tarvaris. With the help of better WR's and hopefully more consistant pass protection we will see improved statistics. I look for better efficency on drives and sustaining those drives untill we score TD's. He needs to stay healthy and avoid bad decisions that lead to turnovers. Basically more consistent efficency as this is what our offense is about, keeping our offense on the field and defense on the sideline.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Chilly needs to start using TJ's mobility for effectively.
    I'd like to see TJ rolling out more often than just sitting back in the pocket.

Play action off the run bootlegs are staples of the WCO offense, but i dont see Bevell calling a whole lot of these.

"umaguma1979" wrote:

Play action off the run bootlegs are staples of the WCO offense, but i dont see Bevell calling a whole lot of these.
    There's no doubt things will begin to open up with Tarvaris's experience. We will see a wider variety of plays and of course he should be making in game adjustments. Having better WR also helps here because of the trust factor.

Even tight end bootlegs and back side screen plays to AD would be great.

Bootlegs and/or rollouts are great ways to increase TJs confidence and to create rhythm in the passing game.
    Think of all the young QBs this has helped over the years, Young (both Vince & Steve), Plummer, Mcnair, McNabb, Brunnell, even Burns rolling Tark out back in the day.
    I just see enough of this out of Chilly in the past couple of years.
    Especially with a good north/south running game - the bootlegs/rollouts keep the defense guessing.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"umaguma1979" wrote:

TJ's accuracy isn't all that special standing still, I would hate to see it while he's rolling out.
    But I do admit that his athleticsm while rolling out would make him a running threat and help freeze LB's and safeties.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"gagarr" wrote:
    "umaguma1979" wrote:

TJ's accuracy isn't all that special standing still, I would hate to see it while he's rolling out.
    But I do admit that his athleticsm while rolling out would make him a running threat and help freeze LB's and safeties.
    Last time I remeber Tarvaris on the move
    was caused by RDE pressure that he avoided, he then threaded a pass between defenders to hit Troy Williamson right in the chest on a important third down, the rest is history and the reason why he's gone.

TJ's in-accuracy is way overatted, granted he had a couple passes he would have liked back sh*t happens, especailly when your a rookie under deress.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "umaguma1979" wrote:

was caused by RDE pressure that he avoided, he then threaded a pass between defenders to hit Troy Williamson right in the chest on a important third down, the rest is history and the reason why he's gone.

TJ's in-accuracy is way overatted, granted he had a couple passes he would have liked back sh*t happens, especailly when your a rookie under deress.
    It happens to EVERY QB ever to play the game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Some QBs are better rolling out.......Plummer really comes to mind.
    Brunnell (in his prime) was another.
    Rich Gannon another.

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "umaguma1979" wrote:

It happens to EVERY QB ever to play the game.
    Singer, do you think I'm stupid or do you just like to nit pick about the smallest obvious things. This is exactly why I said ESPECAILLY rookies under duress, more often then not a veteran is likely to handle the situation unless your Culpepper.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast