Page 1 of 28 123 11 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

[size=13pt]Is Jackson Vikings' weak link?[/size]

Quarterback motivated by critics questioning his ability

By Don Seeholzer
    [email protected]

Article Last Updated: 05/21/2008 12:27:04 AM CDT

The offseason reviews have been nearly unanimous.

With the addition of impact players such as defensive end Jared Allen and wide receiver Bernard Berrian, the pieces are in place for the Vikings to be a playoff team and win the NFC North this season ... if they can get better play at the quarterback position....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his abili

Jackson has spent much of this offseason working on his accuracy and mechanics and trying to familiarize himself with every aspect of the offense, not just the quarterback position.
    That was my biggest concern when watching TJ last year. The accuracy and other rookie mistakes will improve with experience but if he gets the mechanics continually wrong until they become the norm then that will be it.
    This is where the coaching staff need to step in, I heard a lot of fans and media analysts give examples of poor mechanics, so if they can see it then why didn't the coaching staff tackle it. Hopefully this is being addressed and TJ will surprise everyone at TC and show what he can bring to the table.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his abili

The key to that is Jackson, who was 8-4 in his full season as a starter but finished 28th among league quarterbacks with a 70.8 passer rating and nine touchdown passes to 12 interceptions.
    His stats weren't that impressive, but he did what he needed to win games.

He can improve on those numbers.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I didn't feel Allen's statement was a ringing endorsement. But I liked what Tarvaris said here;

"I feel a lot more comfortable, period. A lot more comfortable in myself and inside this offense. I know what to expect. I know what the coaches want now. I've been in this offense two years. It's now just about getting more comfortable with our new guys and just getting on the same page."
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

I wonder if the during the Denver game the lights really came on?

Lets hope so my friends.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Is Jackson Vikings' weak link? QB motivated by critics questioning his ability

The 8-4 as a starter doesn´t mean a crap to me ,seeing his 70.8 ratio and 9 TD-12 Int.
    Even this 08
    Vikes couldn´t be a contender with that numbers .
    El underdog.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

It will be so gratifying to this Vikings fan when TJack proves all the naysayers wrong.
    GO TJACK!!!
    GO VIKINGS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I'm a fan of TJack, but to be fair...he is still the biggest question mark on our team.
    He has all the tangibles of a good QB, he just needs to pull it together and develop his skills at the NFL level.

If any type of player can do it, it's TJacks type...
    The hard working, dedicated player with self motivation and a strong desire to suceed.

By the way, I'm officially "friends" with TJack via Myspace.
    ;D

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

it seems like he isnt letting the media bother him at all, and that is a very good thing to hear. I see him having a good year this year, not an all pro one, but a solid year to lead the vikes to the playoffs

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Rambro is offline Rookie

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'm a fan of TJack, but to be fair...he is still the biggest question mark on our team.
    He has all the tangibles of a good QB, he just needs to pull it together and develop his skills at the NFL level.

If any type of player can do it, it's TJacks type...
    The hard working, dedicated player with self motivation and a strong desire to suceed.

By the way, I'm officially "friends" with TJack via Myspace.

;D
    lol, link please.

but on topic...

Tavaris Jackson A.K.A God's Gift To The Vikings, I have complete faith in this guy, he will lead us to the promised land.

Page 1 of 28 123 11 ... LastLast