Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: Jackson soaking up lessons

"Marrdro" wrote:

Unless he continues to grow at the pace he already is with respect to running a WCO then
    Brooks will probably get the nod for a few games early in the season.
    I don't think so.. TJ will be starting at the beginning of the season.
    Usually if a rookie isn't ready at the first game they don't play unless the starter is injured or just plain awful or the season is in the crapper.
    I think the following quote says it.
    Bevell is giving him the nod I think.

Veteran defensive tackle Pat Williams said he's confident the Vikings can be a winning team with Jackson.

"I think he's going to be ready," Williams said. "He just has to calm down more and not try to push things. If you see something, take what the defense gives you."

Bevell said all the quarterbacks - Brooks Bollinger, Drew Henson and rookie Tyler Thigpen also are in camp - have done well, "but Tarvaris in particular is doing a nice job."

WWBGD

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"RK." wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Unless he continues to grow at the pace he already is with respect to running a WCO then
    Usually if a rookie isn't ready at the first game they don't play unless the starter is injured or just plain awful or the season is in the crapper.

Veteran defensive tackle Pat Williams said he's confident the Vikings can be a winning team with Jackson.

"I think he's going to be ready," Williams said. "He just has to calm down more and not try to push things. If you see something, take what the defense gives you."

Bevell said all the quarterbacks - Brooks Bollinger, Drew Henson and rookie Tyler Thigpen also are in camp - have done well, "but Tarvaris in particular is doing a nice job."
    I don't know.
    Childress has been pretty adamant in saying that he will put the QB on the field who gives the Vikings the best chance of winning.
    If that is Brooks in the first few weeks, then so be it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I don't know.
    Childress has been pretty adamant in saying that he will put the QB on the field who gives the Vikings the best chance of winning.
    If that is Brooks in the first few weeks, then so be it.
    As NP stated though, its a hard one to read at this point as to who will start.

I for one would much prefer TJ starting just so he can get the reps and experience.

Excitement abounds in the Marrdro Casa for the season to start
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

I really think TJack will be the starter, and do a good job of it.
    I'm not so sure he'll be amazing, but he will make progress throughout the season, and he'll have the support of AP and CT. Sydney Rice will help him out aswell, along with our other receivers, even if they are unproven.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"RK." wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Yeah if Brooks starts he will be in until he is forced out either through bad play or injury.

Anyways...

The coaches spent this offseason trying to put their young starter in as many game-type situations as possible.

"The thing I just keep saying is he can't get enough looks in our offense," Bevell said. "Each time

we go 11 on 11, whatever the situation is that we're putting him in, that's going to help him. The seven-on-sevens, that just helps sharpen up his reads, but he needs the 11-on-11 drills, putting him in different game-type situations and letting him get used to sitting back there and going through his progressions, going through his reads and getting sharp with that."
    Jackson said he has learned quite a bit the past three weeks.

This is precisely why I like this organization (because I usually agree with them).
    They didn't draft another project quarterback and instead focusing on developing TJ, a QB with all the necessary physical and mental skills just not the chance and resources given to him.

"Concentrate your energies, your thoughts and your capital. The wise man puts all his eggs in one basket and watches the basket closely.
    ~ Andrew Carnegie "

Wiki - Carnegie

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12