Jackson soaking up lessons

[size=13pt]Jackson soaking up lessons[/size]

Bevell says young QB improves each practice
    BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Jackson soaking up lessons

from what i've read and so far seen.. Tjack is a qb with the arm... athletic ability... big hands (2 not fumble with each touch of his body)... and coaches that can help him become one of the more dangerous pilots of an NFL O we've seen in a while.

i can't wait to see him take a year and learn from th emistakes.. and celebrate the victories!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I think he will end up being a great QB for the Vikings down the road.

I like him a lot, he knows where he stands, what he has to work on & he has a great work ethic to go along with his athleticism.

But I don't think we'll see him playing great coming out of the chute at the beginning of the season. It will take time & he needs to gain more experience in real game situations.

I'm not going to annoint him as the "Messiah" like some did last year, nor am I going to minimize his abilities, just because he didn't come from a division 1-A school like others have done.

I think he will struggle at first. I just hope the pressure of being tossed in as the starter too early doesn't get to him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I don't like the term "Messiah" either but I also don't like the term "Pariah" either.
    I think he will start out someplace in the middle this year and eventually open some eyes before this season is over.

Unless he continues to grow at the pace he already is with respect to running a WCO then
    Brooks will probably get the nod for a few games early in the season.

Regardless, he will get to see some game action this year, so I assume that the playbook will be scaled to match his strengths and stay away from his weaknesses.
    Of course to believe that you would have to be one of the guys/gals that have confidence in the B-chill and his staffs abilities to coach.

Some on here don't believe that he can.
    Sad day in paradise when the fans have lost faith in a coach after just one year.
    :'(

They will all come around by the end of the season.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Jarlvik2006 is offline Rookie

I really like the fact that all the articles keep mentioning that he's a quick learner.
    Hopefully he will take advantage of the preseason games to gain some valuable game-time experience.
    Has anyone heard how Thigpen is doing?
    Will he beat out Henson for the #3 spot?
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Jarlvik2006" wrote:
    I really like the fact that all the articles keep mentioning that he's a quick learner.
    Hopefully he will take advantage of the preseason games to gain some valuable game-time experience.
    Has anyone heard how Thigpen is doing?
    Will he beat out Henson for the #3 spot?
    He threw a 45 yard TD pass yesterday in the OTA which everyone said was a thing of beauty.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"digital420" wrote:
    from what i've read and so far seen.. Tjack is a qb with the arm... athletic ability... big hands (2 not fumble with each touch of his body)... and coaches that can help him become one of the more dangerous pilots of an NFL O we've seen in a while.

i can't wait to see him take a year and learn from th emistakes.. and celebrate the victories!!

DiGiTaL

Just keep on blitzing him.
    I want him to make reads.
    OTAs can be comfortable, BLITZ.... BLITZ.... BLITZ hopefully this will slow the game down for him

TJ will be much better this year,now he know's the play book,I was talking to PA paul Allen,and he told me that TJ didn't even know half the play book last year.

I see the Vikings this year as more of a ground and pound team with AP and CT but I also think Rice will open things up in the red zone and BW will make the big 3rd down catch's on the inside.

If are D is in the top 10 we will make the playoffs this year.

"The Packers Stink So Blind People Can Hate Them Too"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"100percentCheeseFree" wrote:
    TJ will be much better this year,now he know's the play book,I was talking to PA paul Allen,and he told me that TJ didn't even know half the play book last year.

I see the Vikings this year as more of a ground and pound team with AP and CT but I also think Rice will open things up in the red zone and BW will make the big 3rd down catch's on the inside.

If are D is in the top 10 we will make the playoffs this year.

"The Packers Stink So Blind People Can Hate Them Too"
    Welcome my newest purple friend.

Good first post.
    Recommend you go ahead and go to the "Free Beer" area and make an intro.

Post well and often.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Nice Read!!
    I am a firm believer that the more you do anything, the better you get at it!!
    Everything seems to say that TJack is putting in his time!

I like the BLITZ!!
    BLITZ!!
    BLITZ!!
    idea too!
    Dream up some good ones to help our Defense bring pressure, AND help TJack get used to making the quick read and fires!!

True Dat Cheese Free!
    If the defense holds and AP adds what we hope to the running game, TJack or whoever QBs is going to have it pretty easy!! ;D

(*disclaimer-barring a nasty injury bug-D'oh!!
    knocking on wood...*)
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast