Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

"singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Jeff Garcia + Vikings = Ring.

Enough said.

Does anyone on this site really think that Garcia could not have been "enticed" away from his QB job at Tampa ? And does anyone think that T-Jacks runs the West Coast offense better than Garcia ?

You give us a QB like Garcia and we win the Show. End of story
    LOL! You would have called Garcia a bust after his first year starting in the league. Enough said.

In Jackson's first year he threw 9 TD's, ran for 3 (total of 12), had 12 int's & had a TD/pass ratio of 3.1% & averaged 11.2 YPC.

In Garcia's first year he threw 11 TD's, ran for 2 (total of 13), had 11 int's & had a TD/pass ratio of 2.9% & averaged 11.3 YPC. BTW, the 49ers went 4-12 that year.

Had we drafted Garcia, you would have been calling for his head after his first year starting & posted similar remarks about him as you are T-Jack.

End of story.
    Classic Singer Post.....

Top shelf my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

it seems to me that there were a lot of people doggin Tjack in the anal-itests realm seem to miss on 2 things.

1. he came to the position at a time when the Vikings had their worst receiving core in the last decade.
    2. The offence was on a learning curve for the new O being molded by our new coach.
    3. The personal was in flux.

now a lot of these things should be better, the team know's the offence that the coaches want to run. The receiving core is heads better then the last 2 years. and his understanding of the play book should be reaching instinct instead of thought processes.

I'm expecting some things of him this year, and where i can agree that he is in a position to be questioned.. i think he also is in a position that many of the qb's that are being tooted as anchors of their teams after they payed their due's.

if this doesn't make sence.. it's cause i am in 40+ weather and my brain is melted.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"digital420" wrote:
    it seems to me that there were a lot of people doggin Tjack in the anal-itests realm seem to miss on 2 things.

1. he came to the position at a time when the Vikings had their worst receiving core in the last decade.
    2. The offence was on a learning curve for the new O being molded by our new coach.
    3. The personal was in flux.

now a lot of these things should be better, the team know's the offence that the coaches want to run. The receiving core is heads better then the last 2 years. and his understanding of the play book should be reaching instinct instead of thought processes.

I'm expecting some things of him this year, and where i can agree that he is in a position to be questioned.. i think he also is in a position that many of the qb's that are being tooted as anchors of their teams after they payed their due's.

if this doesn't make sence.. it's cause i am in 40+ weather and my brain is melted.

DiGiTaL
    Makes perfect sense to me.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

Enough said.

Does anyone on this site really think that Garcia could not have been "enticed" away from his QB job at Tampa ? And does anyone think that T-Jacks runs the West Coast offense better than Garcia ?

LOL! You would have called Garcia a bust after his first year starting in the league. Enough said.

In Jackson's first year he threw 9 TD's, ran for 3 (total of 12), had 12 int's & had a TD/pass ratio of 3.1% & averaged 11.2 YPC.

In Garcia's first year he threw 11 TD's, ran for 2 (total of 13), had 11 int's & had a TD/pass ratio of 2.9% & averaged 11.3 YPC. BTW, the 49ers went 4-12 that year.

Had we drafted Garcia, you would have been calling for his head after his first year starting & posted similar remarks about him as you are T-Jack.

End of story.
    Classic Singer Post.....

Top shelf my friend.

;D
    +1
    ;D

;D

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

Enough said.

End of story.
    Correct. However, in the grand scheme of things, there is a very legit argument that goes like this: If we had a competent veteran QB instead of a young developing QB, we would be much closer to the coveted ring.

The issue is not that TJ sucks because he is young. I think we all understand that. I think it is crazy to want to replace TJ with a different young developing QB. Young, Cutler, Leinart, Ryan, Booty, etc. Even when I was clamoring for Brohm, my thinking was have TJ start with the best insurance policy possible.

Although I hate to admit I agree with a TJ hater (haha). I would love a saavy vet like Garcia starting on this team. Unlike SP I have come to terms with the fact that it aint going to happen. It is better to hope that TJ stops being young and starts being good.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    sorry, but I just have to write this. There are many on this site (not all !) who play a game with QB called "Let's Pretend Tarvaris will develop, and that thre is no consensus that he is not good enough". (tried to come up with a shorter version of that, but failed).
    :P

But the reality is: there is a huge consensus in the NFL, at almost all levels: a. head coaches, b. assistant coaches, c. scouts, d. commentators, e. fans... that Tarvaris doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL as a starter. A comment I heard recently from an NFL coach: "his play in 2007 was WAY too inconsistent".

I see no reason to think that Tarvaris is thus not a Quincy Carter (who by the way, "everyone" said, "had potential").
    Everyone knows Tarvaris was way to inconsistent last year. You! just dont realize that are whole offense except for are running game was inconsistent... but you just tend to blame everything on are first year starting quarterback, which IMO is stupid. Yeah he didnt play as good as we would like but it was expected out of him to be inconsistent. But the way i see it is that we could of went and a drafted a high round quarterback... we didnt, we could have went and picked up a quarterback... we didnt, we could have went and picked up a quarterback... we didnt, so obviously the coaches staff likes what the see out of the guy. And they think they can win with him at quarterback...
    "we could of went and a drafted a high round quarterback"
    How and why?
    Trade 1,2, both 3rd's might have got Ryan.
    But trading the 1 and both 3rds for Allen was a better deal.

"we could have went and picked up a quarterback"
    Who?
    who is this vaulted FA you are speaking of?

"we could have went and picked up a quarterback"
    Vikes tried!
    Sage's trade didn't happen... probably would have also scrubbed the Allen trade.
    I think having Allen was more important than Sage...
    FO did too.

Vikes have TJ NOT because they "like what they see" it's because there were NO BETTER OPTIONS.

TJ is a fly until he proves otherwise.
    Predicting he will be better is just as valid as predicting he won't be.
    Until TJ is on the field against a quality team like the Colts and holds the team together, doesn't have to win, just show that he has improved.
    Until then he is a "fly" in an otherwise solid team.
    To be fair, the Vikes had every opportunity to pick up Brohm in the second, but elected not to.
    IN fact, when the Vikes traded up, EVERYONE was thinking QB.
    So the Vikings front office must see something in TJack.

And, despite the earlier assertion, there is no general consensus in the NFL that TJack does not have what it takes to make it in the NFL.
    The general belief in the NFL is that he is the biggest question mark on the team, and he is.
    That means that it is a crap shoot whether or not he will succeed this year.
    I agree with that.
    In fact, if TJack was the starting QB for any other team other than the Vikings, there would be very few people in this forum who would think he is going to succeed this year.

It isn't bashing TJack, it is looking at it without purple glasses on.
    As a fan, I hope and pray that he has a great season.
    But I will not be surprised if he doesn't.
    Brohm is a bigger question mark then TJ, at least we've seen TJ play in the NFL.

There is a concensus that TJ is a ?... thus he's a "fly".
    So is Shank... but he's not a important fly, just an annoying one.

TJ could be great, TJ could be good enough, TJ could be the same, or TJ could even suck more... until he gets behind center in GB... it's only guess work.

My guess is TJ will be a bit better, but the rest of the team will be able to overcome his mistakes and Vikes will still make the playoffs.

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

if your satisfied with just "making the playoffs", then fine.
    But i'm sick of almost being there.
    I want to see winning start happen.
    Childress and Wilf say this is a 3 year plan, well this is year 3, so Results better start showing, or I can see some staffing changes happening.
    If they lose a hard fought game in the playoffs, fine, but I can not stand to see another blowout.
    And if they miss the playoffs, then something needs to change.
    (maybe a real Offensive Coordinator would be good)

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Childress and Wilf say this is a 3 year plan, well this is year 3, so Results better start showing, or I can see some staffing changes happening.
    If they lose a hard fought game in the playoffs, fine, but I can not stand to see another blowout.
    The biggest crock about the 3-year plan is that fans expect to win the Super Bowl in 3 years.

The 3-year plan is simply a time-limit given to the coach to field a competitive team.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    The biggest crock about the 3-year plan is that fans expect to win the Super Bowl in 3 years.

The 3-year plan is simply a time-limit given to the coach to field a competitive team.
    Yet somehow, we were competitive before Childress Showed up
    ;D.
    He's been milking the 3-year plan as a way to make up for missing the playoffs the last 2 years.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Yet somehow, we were competitive before Childress Showed up
    ;D.
    He's been milking the 3-year plan as a way to make up for missing the playoffs the last 2 years.
    Hahaha... very good point.

Before Childress: 8-8, 9-7
    After Childress: 6-10, 8-8

Hmmmm.... a 3 year plan, eh?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast