Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 256
  1. #11
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    sorry, but I just have to write this. There are many on this site (not all !) who play a game with QB called "Let's Pretend Tarvaris will develop, and that thre is no consensus that he is not good enough". (tried to come up with a shorter version of that, but failed).
    :P

    But the reality is: there is a huge consensus in the NFL, at almost all levels: a. head coaches, b. assistant coaches, c. scouts, d. commentators, e. fans... that Tarvaris doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL as a starter. A comment I heard recently from an NFL coach: "his play in 2007 was WAY too inconsistent".

    I see no reason to think that Tarvaris is thus not a Quincy Carter (who by the way, "everyone" said, "had potential").
    Everyone knows Tarvaris was way to inconsistent last year. You! just dont realize that are whole offense except for are running game was inconsistent... but you just tend to blame everything on are first year starting quarterback, which IMO is stupid. Yeah he didnt play as good as we would like but it was expected out of him to be inconsistent. But the way i see it is that we could of went and a drafted a high round quarterback... we didnt, we could have went and picked up a quarterback... we didnt, we could have went and picked up a quarterback... we didnt, so obviously the coaches staff likes what the see out of the guy. And they think they can win with him at quarterback...
    "we could of went and a drafted a high round quarterback"
    How and why?
    Trade 1,2, both 3rd's might have got Ryan.
    But trading the 1 and both 3rds for Allen was a better deal.

    "we could have went and picked up a quarterback"
    Who?
    who is this vaulted FA you are speaking of?

    "we could have went and picked up a quarterback"
    Vikes tried!
    Sage's trade didn't happen... probably would have also scrubbed the Allen trade.
    I think having Allen was more important than Sage...
    FO did too.

    Vikes have TJ NOT because they "like what they see" it's because there were NO BETTER OPTIONS.

    TJ is a fly until he proves otherwise.
    Predicting he will be better is just as valid as predicting he won't be.
    Until TJ is on the field against a quality team like the Colts and holds the team together, doesn't have to win, just show that he has improved.
    Until then he is a "fly" in an otherwise solid team.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  2. #12
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

    I am so tired of the "Bash TJ" schtick...how many teams TRULY KNEW that the QB that they have now was "The ONE"...even the Pats didn't KNOW that Tom Brady was going to work out...otherwise they would have drafted him much higher (above the other 6 players that were busts).
    So, in reality, it is a crap shoot for EVERY team when they draft and groom a QB.
    It's just sad that the QB prospects that don't come heralded from a big college program have to endure way more doubting Thomases than the pampered hotshots from college.
    The history of the NFL is chock-full of QBs who made good from smaller schools...it's about time that people let go of their stupid preconceived misconceptions.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

    "gagarr" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    sorry, but I just have to write this. There are many on this site (not all !) who play a game with QB called "Let's Pretend Tarvaris will develop, and that thre is no consensus that he is not good enough". (tried to come up with a shorter version of that, but failed).
    :P

    But the reality is: there is a huge consensus in the NFL, at almost all levels: a. head coaches, b. assistant coaches, c. scouts, d. commentators, e. fans... that Tarvaris doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL as a starter. A comment I heard recently from an NFL coach: "his play in 2007 was WAY too inconsistent".

    I see no reason to think that Tarvaris is thus not a Quincy Carter (who by the way, "everyone" said, "had potential").
    Everyone knows Tarvaris was way to inconsistent last year. You! just dont realize that are whole offense except for are running game was inconsistent... but you just tend to blame everything on are first year starting quarterback, which IMO is stupid. Yeah he didnt play as good as we would like but it was expected out of him to be inconsistent. But the way i see it is that we could of went and a drafted a high round quarterback... we didnt, we could have went and picked up a quarterback... we didnt, we could have went and picked up a quarterback... we didnt, so obviously the coaches staff likes what the see out of the guy. And they think they can win with him at quarterback...
    "we could of went and a drafted a high round quarterback"
    How and why?
    Trade 1,2, both 3rd's might have got Ryan.
    But trading the 1 and both 3rds for Allen was a better deal.

    "we could have went and picked up a quarterback"
    Who?
    who is this vaulted FA you are speaking of?

    "we could have went and picked up a quarterback"
    Vikes tried!
    Sage's trade didn't happen... probably would have also scrubbed the Allen trade.
    I think having Allen was more important than Sage...
    FO did too.

    Vikes have TJ NOT because they "like what they see" it's because there were NO BETTER OPTIONS.

    TJ is a fly until he proves otherwise.
    Predicting he will be better is just as valid as predicting he won't be.
    Until TJ is on the field against a quality team like the Colts and holds the team together, doesn't have to win, just show that he has improved.
    Until then he is a "fly" in an otherwise solid team.
    To be fair, the Vikes had every opportunity to pick up Brohm in the second, but elected not to.
    IN fact, when the Vikes traded up, EVERYONE was thinking QB.
    So the Vikings front office must see something in TJack.

    And, despite the earlier assertion, there is no general consensus in the NFL that TJack does not have what it takes to make it in the NFL.
    The general belief in the NFL is that he is the biggest question mark on the team, and he is.
    That means that it is a crap shoot whether or not he will succeed this year.
    I agree with that.
    In fact, if TJack was the starting QB for any other team other than the Vikings, there would be very few people in this forum who would think he is going to succeed this year.

    It isn't bashing TJack, it is looking at it without purple glasses on.
    As a fan, I hope and pray that he has a great season.
    But I will not be surprised if he doesn't.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    This John McMullen guy is running the same ol' retread, can Tarvaris do it? Blah Blah, yata, yata.
    This will be T-Jacks second campaign and by the sounds of things he has shown marked improvement in his command of the offense. Childress and QB coach Kevin Rodgers believe, the team backs him, and one really gets tired of somebody with nothing to write about get the same article posted time and again.

    The light switch has come on, and this year Tarvaris will demonstrate why this team and coaches have faith in him. Will he struggle from time to time, sure, but I see a guy who's ready to take that next step to becoming a team leader, and a top flight NFL QB.
    I don't know if I would say that the light switch has come on... maybe more like a dimmer switch slowing turning up.
    He looks better now that he did at this point last year, yes.
    Thank God. Because he looked hopelessly lost in OTAs last year.

    We may be getting tired of the same old "All on TJack's shoulders" story, but there is a decent amount of truth to those words.
    He is the biggest risk factor on our team.
    And that's exactly what I expect. That's typical of most QB's coming into the league. They start out slow & improve as they go, gaining more experience & more knowledge as they play. There are few QB's who come into this league & start lighting it up in their first year. Damn few.

    Many of the greats in the history books & in the HOF started out slow. The problem I see with many of the "doubters" on this site is that they are too impatient & won't be satisfied until we draft a QB who can light it up on day 1.

    Good luck with that. That is not the
    norm.

    Even if we were able to find a guy who could consistently throw bombs with accuracy, you wouldn't be seeing a lot of it come game time. Childress brought with him the dink & dunk WCO offense & that's what we'll play.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #15
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    sorry, but I just have to write this. There are many on this site (not all !) who play a game with QB called "Let's Pretend Tarvaris will develop, and that thre is no consensus that he is not good enough". (tried to come up with a shorter version of that, but failed).
    :P

    But the reality is: there is a huge consensus in the NFL, at almost all levels: a. head coaches, b. assistant coaches, c. scouts, d. commentators, e. fans... that Tarvaris doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL as a starter. A comment I heard recently from an NFL coach: "his play in 2007 was WAY too inconsistent".

    I see no reason to think that Tarvaris is thus not a Quincy Carter (who by the way, "everyone" said, "had potential").
    Everyone knows Tarvaris was way to inconsistent last year. You! just dont realize that are whole offense except for are running game was inconsistent... but you just tend to blame everything on are first year starting quarterback, which IMO is stupid. Yeah he didnt play as good as we would like but it was expected out of him to be inconsistent. But the way i see it is that we could of went and a drafted a high round quarterback... we didnt, we could have went and picked up a quarterback... we didnt, we could have went and picked up a quarterback... we didnt, so obviously the coaches staff likes what the see out of the guy. And they think they can win with him at quarterback...
    "we could of went and a drafted a high round quarterback"
    How and why?
    Trade 1,2, both 3rd's might have got Ryan.
    But trading the 1 and both 3rds for Allen was a better deal.

    "we could have went and picked up a quarterback"
    Who?
    who is this vaulted FA you are speaking of?

    "we could have went and picked up a quarterback"
    Vikes tried!
    Sage's trade didn't happen... probably would have also scrubbed the Allen trade.
    I think having Allen was more important than Sage...
    FO did too.

    Vikes have TJ NOT because they "like what they see" it's because there were NO BETTER OPTIONS.

    TJ is a fly until he proves otherwise.
    Predicting he will be better is just as valid as predicting he won't be.
    Until TJ is on the field against a quality team like the Colts and holds the team together, doesn't have to win, just show that he has improved.
    Until then he is a "fly" in an otherwise solid team.
    To be fair, the Vikes had every opportunity to pick up Brohm in the second, but elected not to.
    IN fact, when the Vikes traded up, EVERYONE was thinking QB.
    So the Vikings front office must see something in TJack.

    And, despite the earlier assertion, there is no general consensus in the NFL that TJack does not have what it takes to make it in the NFL.
    The general belief in the NFL is that he is the biggest question mark on the team, and he is.
    That means that it is a crap shoot whether or not he will succeed this year.
    I agree with that.
    In fact, if TJack was the starting QB for any other team other than the Vikings, there would be very few people in this forum who would think he is going to succeed this year.

    It isn't bashing TJack, it is looking at it without purple glasses on.
    As a fan, I hope and pray that he has a great season.
    But I will not be surprised if he doesn't.
    Most of us do. The only way to find out if he's going to be a good QB is to play him. If they don't play him, we'll never know.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #16
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    sorry, but I just have to write this. There are many on this site (not all !) who play a game with QB called "Let's Pretend Tarvaris will develop, and that thre is no consensus that he is not good enough". (tried to come up with a shorter version of that, but failed).
    :P

    But the reality is: there is a huge consensus in the NFL, at almost all levels: a. head coaches, b. assistant coaches, c. scouts, d. commentators, e. fans... that Tarvaris doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL as a starter. A comment I heard recently from an NFL coach: "his play in 2007 was WAY too inconsistent".

    I see no reason to think that Tarvaris is thus not a Quincy Carter (who by the way, "everyone" said, "had potential").
    Everyone knows Tarvaris was way to inconsistent last year. You! just dont realize that are whole offense except for are running game was inconsistent... but you just tend to blame everything on are first year starting quarterback, which IMO is stupid. Yeah he didnt play as good as we would like but it was expected out of him to be inconsistent. But the way i see it is that we could of went and a drafted a high round quarterback... we didnt, we could have went and picked up a quarterback... we didnt, we could have went and picked up a quarterback... we didnt, so obviously the coaches staff likes what the see out of the guy. And they think they can win with him at quarterback...
    "we could of went and a drafted a high round quarterback"
    How and why?
    Trade 1,2, both 3rd's might have got Ryan.
    But trading the 1 and both 3rds for Allen was a better deal.

    "we could have went and picked up a quarterback"
    Who?
    who is this vaulted FA you are speaking of?

    "we could have went and picked up a quarterback"
    Vikes tried!
    Sage's trade didn't happen... probably would have also scrubbed the Allen trade.
    I think having Allen was more important than Sage...
    FO did too.

    Vikes have TJ NOT because they "like what they see" it's because there were NO BETTER OPTIONS.

    TJ is a fly until he proves otherwise.
    Predicting he will be better is just as valid as predicting he won't be.
    Until TJ is on the field against a quality team like the Colts and holds the team together, doesn't have to win, just show that he has improved.
    Until then he is a "fly" in an otherwise solid team.
    To be fair, the Vikes had every opportunity to pick up Brohm in the second, but elected not to.
    IN fact, when the Vikes traded up, EVERYONE was thinking QB.
    So the Vikings front office must see something in TJack.

    And, despite the earlier assertion, there is no general consensus in the NFL that TJack does not have what it takes to make it in the NFL.
    The general belief in the NFL is that he is the biggest question mark on the team, and he is.
    That means that it is a crap shoot whether or not he will succeed this year.
    I agree with that.
    In fact, if TJack was the starting QB for any other team other than the Vikings, there would be very few people in this forum who would think he is going to succeed this year.

    It isn't bashing TJack, it is looking at it without purple glasses on.
    As a fan, I hope and pray that he has a great season.
    But I will not be surprised if he doesn't.
    Most of us do. The only way to find out if he's going to be a good QB is to play him. If they don't play him, we'll never know.
    I think it's a forgone conclusion that they will be playing TJ.
    He will have to totally suck to get pulled.
    Putting in Gus is only if TJ can't go because of injury and Booty only if they are giving up on TJ permanently.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  7. #17
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

    Jeff Garcia + Vikings = Ring.

    Enough said.

    Does anyone on this site really think that Garcia could not have been "enticed" away from his QB job at Tampa ? And does anyone think that T-Jacks runs the West Coast offense better than Garcia ?

    You give us a QB like Garcia and we win the Show. End of story.

  8. #18
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    sorry, but I just have to write this. There are many on this site (not all !) who play a game with QB called "Let's Pretend Tarvaris will develop, and that thre is no consensus that he is not good enough". (tried to come up with a shorter version of that, but failed).
    :P

    But the reality is: there is a huge consensus in the NFL, at almost all levels: a. head coaches, b. assistant coaches, c. scouts, d. commentators, e. fans... that Tarvaris doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL as a starter. A comment I heard recently from an NFL coach: "his play in 2007 was WAY too inconsistent".

    I see no reason to think that Tarvaris is thus not a Quincy Carter (who by the way, "everyone" said, "had potential").
    Here we go again, Still. How many coaches have commented on TJ or assistant coaches for that matter? Mike Holmgren doesn't sit around all day and watch film on TJ nor does Belicheat. At this point in his career he's getting the same criticism that all the greats, and all the busts got. Work on reads, footwork, timing, consistancy. So the only thing ALL THESE COACHES say. yadda yadda yadda, is the same thing you and i know and the thing that reporters and ESPN want to hear, so they can write the same story, with a different quote, to make it newer and bam, payday's every other friday. So, just relax. you can't change it by bitching so just wait and see. Give him a god damned chance. He hasn't even started 16 games. I have half an inkling to claim there's some fairweatheredness, b/c while we're all anxious for a title, you seem nervous. Like you hate looking stupid in front of your friends for being a Vikes fan. But i won't do that. It's football, and let the experts, and the team decide who they're sticking with.

    Btw, I bet Jeff Garcia doesn't even last the whole season. either benched or hurt. Plain and simple.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  9. #19
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    sorry, but I just have to write this. There are many on this site (not all !) who play a game with QB called "Let's Pretend Tarvaris will develop, and that thre is no consensus that he is not good enough". (tried to come up with a shorter version of that, but failed).
    :P

    But the reality is: there is a huge consensus in the NFL, at almost all levels: a. head coaches, b. assistant coaches, c. scouts, d. commentators, e. fans... that Tarvaris doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL as a starter. A comment I heard recently from an NFL coach: "his play in 2007 was WAY too inconsistent".

    I see no reason to think that Tarvaris is thus not a Quincy Carter (who by the way, "everyone" said, "had potential").
    : Most are saying he needs time to develop as do most QB's who ever played the game. No ones pretending he will be great, but realize he needs to play in order to find out if he has or will be a good QB.

    What's sad is people actually believe a QB should be a superstar or light up the league in their first year or they are a bust. It's been proven time after time by many great QB's that it is not true.


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Jeff Garcia + Vikings = Ring.

    Enough said.

    Does anyone on this site really think that Garcia could not have been "enticed" away from his QB job at Tampa ? And does anyone think that T-Jacks runs the West Coast offense better than Garcia ?

    You give us a QB like Garcia and we win the Show. End of story
    .
    LOL! You would have called Garcia a bust after his first year starting in the league. Enough said.

    In Jackson's first year he threw 9 TD's, ran for 3 (total of 12), had 12 int's & had a TD/pass ratio of 3.1% & averaged 11.2 YPC.

    In Garcia's first year he threw 11 TD's, ran for 2 (total of 13), had 11 int's & had a TD/pass ratio of 2.9% & averaged 11.3 YPC. BTW, the 49ers went 4-12 that year.

    Had we drafted Garcia, you would have been calling for his head after his first year starting & posted similar remarks about him as you are T-Jack.

    End of story.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. For Vikings, Jackson’s the man
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 07:54 AM
  2. Replies: 179
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 10:46 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •