Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

[size=13pt]Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment[/size]

Monday, July 07, 2008

Posted by John McMullen
    realfootball365.com

Football is known as the ultimate team game. It's a sport where 11 parts must act as one to accomplish even the simplest task on every single snap......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Jackson’s the fly in Minnesota’s ointment

This John McMullen guy is running the same ol' retread, can Tarvaris do it? Blah Blah, yata, yata.
    This will be T-Jacks second campaign and by the sounds of things he has shown marked improvement in his command of the offense. Childress and QB coach Kevin Rodgers believe, the team backs him, and one really gets tired of somebody with nothing to write about get the same article posted time and again.

The light switch has come on, and this year Tarvaris will demonstrate why this team and coaches have faith in him. Will he struggle from time to time, sure, but I see a guy who's ready to take that next step to becoming a team leader, and a top flight NFL QB.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read my friend.

I'm of the same mind as PT.
    This guy is a yutz.
    On one hand he is lauding how stacked the team is and then on the other he is saying if TJ isn't going to work out, both he and the Chiller are gone.

Again, what a yutz.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurpleTide" wrote:

This John McMullen guy is running the same ol' retread, can Tarvaris do it? Blah Blah, yata, yata.
    This will be T-Jacks second campaign and by the sounds of things he has shown marked improvement in his command of the offense. Childress and QB coach Kevin Rodgers believe, the team backs him, and one really gets tired of somebody with nothing to write about get the same article posted time and again.

The light switch has come on, and this year Tarvaris will demonstrate why this team and coaches have faith in him. Will he struggle from time to time, sure, but I see a guy who's ready to take that next step to becoming a team leader, and a top flight NFL QB.
    I don't know if I would say that the light switch has come on... maybe more like a dimmer switch slowing turning up.
    He looks better now that he did at this point last year, yes.
    Thank God. Because he looked hopelessly lost in OTAs last year.

We may be getting tired of the same old "All on TJack's shoulders" story, but there is a decent amount of truth to those words.
    He is the biggest risk factor on our team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

I don't know if I would say that the light switch has come on... maybe more like a dimmer switch slowing turning up.

We may be getting tired of the same old "All on TJack's shoulders" story, but there is a decent amount of truth to those words.
    NodaK that is the best analogy i have read!!

this is exactly what i think as well. there is no instant light of consciousness.. no.. instant knowledge poured into him.. it's a gradual processes. and acording to those who should know.. he's doing better and better. i hope now that he is improving we'll see the light 60-75% on instead of 35-55%

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"digital420" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

NodaK that is the best analogy i have read!!

this is exactly what i think as well. there is no instant light of consciousness.. no.. instant knowledge poured into him.. it's a gradual processes. and acording to those who should know.. he's doing better and better. i hope now that he is improving we'll see the light 60-75% on instead of 35-55%

DiGiTaL
    And IMHO 60-75% will be enough for Minnesota to reclaim the NFC North!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

sorry, but I just have to write this. There are many on this site (not all !) who play a game with QB called "Let's Pretend Tarvaris will develop, and that thre is no consensus that he is not good enough". (tried to come up with a shorter version of that, but failed).
    :P

But the reality is: there is a huge consensus in the NFL, at almost all levels: a. head coaches, b. assistant coaches, c. scouts, d. commentators, e. fans... that Tarvaris doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL as a starter. A comment I heard recently from an NFL coach: "his play in 2007 was WAY too inconsistent".

I see no reason to think that Tarvaris is thus not a Quincy Carter (who by the way, "everyone" said, "had potential").

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    sorry, but I just have to write this. There are many on this site (not all !) who play a game with QB called "Let's Pretend Tarvaris will develop, and that thre is no consensus that he is not good enough". (tried to come up with a shorter version of that, but failed).

But the reality is: there is a huge consensus in the NFL, at almost all levels: a. head coaches, b. assistant coaches, c. scouts, d. commentators, e. fans... that Tarvaris doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL as a starter. A comment I heard recently from an NFL coach: "his play in 2007 was WAY too inconsistent".

I see no reason to think that Tarvaris is thus not a Quincy Carter (who by the way, "everyone" said, "had potential").
    Everyone knows Tarvaris was way to inconsistent last year. You! just dont realize that are whole offense except for are running game was inconsistent... but you just tend to blame everything on are first year starting quarterback, which IMO is stupid. Yeah he didnt play as good as we would like but it was expected out of him to be inconsistent. But the way i see it is that we could of went and a drafted a high round quarterback... we didnt, we could have went and picked up a quarterback... we didnt, we could have traded for a quarterback... we didnt, so obviously the coaches staff likes what the see out of the guy. And they think they can win with him at quarterback...

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

Everyone knows Tarvaris was way to inconsistent last year. You! just dont realize that are whole offense except for are running game was inconsistent... but you just tend to blame everything on are first year starting quarterback, which IMO is stupid. Yeah he didnt play as good as we would like but it was expected out of him to be inconsistent. But the way i see it is that we could of went and a drafted a high round quarterback... we didnt, we could have went and picked up a quarterback... we didnt, we could have traded for a quarterback... we didnt, so obviously the coaches staff likes what the see out of the guy. And they think they can win with him at quarterback...
    Only problem is, they might be wrong.

In general the press has been much more kind to TJ this year than last.

IMO, everything should be blamed on TJ, the playcalling, and the WR corps. I'm positive that the wr position has been fixed. It all rests on Childress, Bevell, and TJ now.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

They're going to be praising him one minute while trashing him the next; that's just how it is going to be.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast