Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Jackson, receivers vow to ease load on defense, running game

[size=13pt]Help is on the way[/size]

Jackson, receivers vow to ease load on defense, running game

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 09/14/2007 10:10:01 PM CDT

Defense and the running game were enough to carry the Vikings to a season-opening 24-3 victory over Atlanta, but they won't have to go it alone forever....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Jackson, receivers vow to ease load on defense, running game

Its good that they are seeing improvement, and maybe they will start to emerge. It will take some time though.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

We're gonna pound the running game at Detroit, but I see some downfield shots coming against that pourous pass defense. They will stack the box against us and we will make them pay. WE are real close right now and will improve every week. T-Jach throws it deep to T-Will,.... coming real soon. Wade and Sydney are going to get some too. Patience and a powerful rushing attack will open the deep pass. Then we'll have a collective hoot all across the Viking Nation.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"PurpleTide" wrote:

We're gonna pound the running game at Detroit, but I see some downfield shots coming against that pourous pass defense. They will stack the box against us and we will make them pay. WE are real close right now and will improve every week. T-Jach throws it deep to T-Will,.... coming real soon. Wade and Sydney are going to get some too. Patience and a powerful rushing attack will open the deep pass. Then we'll have a collective hoot all across the Viking Nation.
    T jack best not be throwing deep balls to Williamson save that for practice, it's a wasted down. Again last week Troy should have laid out for the ball.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think we have to throw the ball against the Lions. Their corners are weak, IMO....much weaker than their defensive line and linebackers are. With Ernie Sims flying around back there it is going to be tougher to run the ball against them than it was the Falcons.

I hope we take some shots in the passing game, but we NEED to run the ball and stick to our game plan. I don't want Childress to greedy and get away from what works for us.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

T jack best not be throwing deep balls to Williamson save that for practice, it's a wasted down. Again last week Troy should have laid out for the ball.
    no way that was catchable unless your name is randy moss.Seriously dude that ball was a good 3 yards in front of him

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

no way that was catchable unless your name is randy moss.Seriously dude that ball was a good 3 yards in front of him
    That wasn't even catchable by Moss, unless he has arms 3 yards long.

Laying out for that pass wouldn't have done diddly? It was way over thrown.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

I think the camera angle was deceiving on that one on TV....it looked a whole lot closer than it actually was. It was at LEAST 3 yards in front of him, probably more.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

That wasn't even catchable by Moss, unless he has arms 3 yards long.

Laying out for that pass wouldn't have done diddly? It was way over thrown.
    Exactly. It would have gotten him an "E" for effort but that's about it.

We just need to hit him for a few pick plays across the middle and let him use his speed to get past the safeties for the score.

VAKirks is offline Training Camp

This week is a good week to get the passing game going.
    All this talk about building chemistry and learning together, c'mon!
    It's the regular season and these games are going to fly by.
    There is no time left.
    It's time to put up or shut up.
    I'm good with short and simple, high percentage, but we need to mix and match.
    We stick one dimension and their defense will tear us up.
    Lots of progress, T-Jack, let's go!
    Bring me the prisoners; I want them alive!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast