Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Darren Sharper throws support behind Tarvaris Jackson

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=jkjuggalo link=topic=46261.msg803196#msg803196 date=1216063362]
    Can't beat the positive comments we've heard about TJ this entire offseason.
    Being that this is his third year in the league and 2nd year starting, I am very excited to see what he can do.
    I think most of us recognized glimpses of what he is capable of in that last game of the year against Denver, when everything seemed to click for him in that 4th quarter.
    Looking forward to a winning season.
    Agreed, I'm almost pissing my pants with excitement for the season to start... oh, too late...

If T-Will hadn't dropped those two crucial passes against Denver, we would have won that game... I realize we still wouldn't have made the playoffs, but we would have had a winning record.
    I agree, but we also wouldn't have the Tice vs Childress discussion i think.
    Anyway i can't stop loving all the positive things i hear and like you can't wait for the season to begin!
    Yeah, completely agreed... I think the Vikes are gonna come screaming out of the gates.

Being 0-4 vs Green Bay the past two seasons, I think the team is gonna come out opening day, very fired up.
    screaming out of the gates?>?? have you seen our opening schedule??... ridiculously hard!!!...
    I think we'll make the playoffs.. but Green bay, Indy, Carolina, Tennessee, New Orleans is no slouch to laugh at.. i'd say we're lucky and in good shape if we're 3-2 or 2-3 by week 6!!.... that opening schedule is brutal!!! with 3 of the 5 on the road to start!
    Bring them on we can beat em and I sure would hope they come out fired up, we are one of the most talented teams in the NFL if not the "Best". Last year we smoked the SB champs along with the Chargers who both ended up in the Championship games. We were able to contend with anyone on any given week add in Bernard Berrien, Jared Allen, M. Williams, T. Tapeh, T. Johnson a healthy Sindey Rice and we are looking very solid. I think we are capable of going 5-0 in those games, they won't be easy but if we want it we'll have it.
    [/quote]

Hell yeah... couldn't have said it better.

Did the actual Vikings ever not invade a country.... "Hmmm... looks like we invade Greenland today... I hear they're tough this year... maybe we should just mail it in..."

Hell no... they arrived... kicked ass... and left no prisoners....

And we are the Vikings... you remember that.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

You should write posters and counsel depressed men in need of life coaches C Mac D.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Darren Sharper supports Tarvaris Jackson - Jackson not bothered by Favre rum

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson not bothered by Brett Favre rumors[/size]

By Sean Jensen
    [email protected]

Article Launched: 07/14/2008 12:01:00 AM CDT

Vikings starting quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has been following the Brett Favre rumors but he's not distracted by some media projections that Favre would be a good replacement for him in Minnesota....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Darren Sharper supports Tarvaris Jackson - Jackson not bothered by Favre rum

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson not bothered by Brett Favre rumors[/size]

By Sean Jensen
    [email protected]

Article Launched: 07/14/2008 12:01:00 AM CDT

Vikings starting quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has been following the Brett Favre rumors but he's not distracted by some media projections that Favre would be a good replacement for him in Minnesota....

TJack has nothing to worry about (exceot for his performance on the field)...he should just keep progressing and focusing on the prize. As I said before, there is no way Favre plays for us. Let Rodgers worry.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Sharper throws support behind Jackson - T-Jack not bothered by Favre rumors

ahh and my man love for TJack grows greater ;D

Thanks josdin00

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

I love blind optimism as much as the next guy, but there reaches a point when you need to be realistic.

As for our first game, i really doubt we'll lose. First off, look at how well we've done on opening day and after the bye week. Give Childress time to prepare, and he usually does exceptionally well. Second, we're going against the packers with Aaron Rodgers. Thank god. We're 1-0. Basically Super Bowl Champs.

But, our next few games after that are going to be hard. Very hard. We'll be looking through our tainted purple shades by that time if we win against the Packers, and then we'll start getting into the rough part of our schedule. get a big loss slapped across our face by the colts, panthers, titans, and saints. Maybe a surprise here and there, and we squeak out a win or two. We're 1-3 or 0-4 going into week 5! How'd this happen? Next thing you know and the Fire Childress chants will be heard. "Why'd we get rid of Tice" threads start popping up, followed by "Why doesn't Adrian Peterson play QB too?" discussions.

We have a new DE in Allen, but i'm skeptical as to how much that will help. I'm more concerned about how well that DE opposite of last years sack leader will do, be it Kenechi Udeze or Brian Robinson or Ray Edwards. Also our corners, including Winfield and Griffin/McCauley. Sharper and Madieu Williams will be an interesting combo back there in their safety positions. And this is just our defense. TJ, can AP stay healthy, our right side of our o-line, our extremely unproven/extremely untalented WR corps. They're all legitimate concerns going into the season, and i don't expect them to vanish come opening kick-off.

Our team has plenty of holes (or at least serious question marks), and unlike someone said, we're NOWHERE NEAR close to the best team on paper. Not even close. But that doesn't mean we can't be serious playoff contenders, and hopefully our team has a full head of steam come January.

its been awhile since I've been on here, and its nice to be with my fellow vikings fans again! SKOL, go Vikes, here's to a Super Bowl campaign!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikes09" wrote:
    I love blind optimism as much as the next guy, but there reaches a point when you need to be realistic.

As for our first game, i really doubt we'll lose. First off, look at how well we've done on opening day and after the bye week. Give Childress time to prepare, and he usually does exceptionally well. Second, we're going against the packers with Aaron Rodgers. Thank god. We're 1-0. Basically Super Bowl Champs.

But, our next few games after that are going to be hard. Very hard. We'll be looking through our tainted purple shades by that time if we win against the Packers, and then we'll start getting into the rough part of our schedule. get a big loss slapped across our face by the colts, panthers, titans, and saints. Maybe a surprise here and there, and we squeak out a win or two. We're 1-3 or 0-4 going into week 5! How'd this happen? Next thing you know and the Fire Childress chants will be heard. "Why'd we get rid of Tice" threads start popping up, followed by "Why doesn't Adrian Peterson play QB too?" discussions.

We have a new DE in Allen, but i'm skeptical as to how much that will help. I'm more concerned about how well that DE opposite of last years sack leader will do, be it Kenechi Udeze or Brian Robinson or Ray Edwards. Also our corners, including Winfield and Griffin/McCauley. Sharper and Madieu Williams will be an interesting combo back there in their safety positions. And this is just our defense. TJ, can AP stay healthy, our right side of our o-line, our extremely unproven/extremely untalented WR corps. They're all legitimate concerns going into the season, and i don't expect them to vanish come opening kick-off.

Our team has plenty of holes (or at least serious question marks), and unlike someone said, we're NOWHERE NEAR close to the best team on paper. Not even close. But that doesn't mean we can't be serious playoff contenders, and hopefully our team has a full head of steam come January.

its been awhile since I've been on here, and its nice to be with my fellow vikings fans again! SKOL, go Vikes, here's to a Super Bowl campaign!
    Fortunately we aren't playing on paper this season ;D ;D

We should be solid talent wise and better coaching wise. As long as they learned from their mistakes and correct those problems we will have a very good year

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Fortunately we aren't playing on paper this season ;D ;D

We should be solid talent wise and better coaching wise. As long as they learned from their mistakes and correct those problems we will have a very good year
    Ha, fortunately!

We are an exceedingly solid team talent-wise, but i was more directing my comments toward posts like these:
    we are one of the most talented teams in the NFL if not the "Best"."

A good year of good football is in store though!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"vikes09" wrote:

I don't know that it is blind optimism, most of us must have seen something or the other to be optimistic in the first place. I would think the offseason additions and big moves we have made coupled with the advancements from last year should really come together in our 3rd year.

No matter who you play in this league its gonna be tuff competition and knowing that we have a tough should schedule should only keep us more focused on the task at hand. No game is gonna be easy but I don't think the Colts look any better on paper than we do. Winning in GB like you said would give us nice confidence and a rowdy crowd for the home opener. I don't expect to loose to any of the other teams you mentioned but if happens hopefully we can learn and move on. By the way I think your exagerting big when you say we will be screaming for Tice to be coach or Peterson to be QB.

I wouldn't be so skeptical about Allen I think the only thing stopping him is an injury. I know alot of people that thought Allen was Kansas City's best player on a not so good defense. Allowing him to play along side Kevin is a thing of beauty. Its hard to say just how good Ray Edwards will do but we do know this kid really works his tail off and he's already proven he can make plays and be a factor.

Even if AP goes down I expect to win, with a guys like Chester and Hicks we shouldn't miss a beat. Although I do believe not having the luxury of Peterson would be a bummer. As for the right side of line Herrera and Cook are fitting right in, there both young and just finished there first seasons as starters and should continue to improve.

I would agree that we are unexperienced at WR but we are definitly TALENTED. I take it you havn't watch much of Sindney Rice or Bernard Berian. For that matter Aundre Allison who is very talented and a consitent Bobby Wade. Hell even a guy like Martin Nance, Jaymar Johnson and Darius Reynaud are very talented.

I can tell your alot more concerned with the curreent roster than myself but I realize we had the #1 rushing game and #1 rush defense in the league last year. We added Bernard Berrian, Jared Allen, Topeh, T Johnson, and M Williams in order to fill those other wholes. All the rookies of the "system" last year are no longer rookies but a veteran of our offense. Given the additions and last years experience we should easily make the playoffs.

On paper I don't there are many teams more talented then us, especailly when you consider the most important units. Most notably the defensive line, LB's, and OLineman. We pay those guys well and they have a nice impact on our super important run offense and defense.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    Sharper, who is 32 and entering his 12th NFL season, isn't in bad shape himself. Last week, he clocked a 4.4-second 40-yard dash.

"I use an electronic timer, so I can't lie to him," said Shaw, who has been training Sharper for the past nine years. "I had Deion (Sanders) and Michael Vick, guys that ran fast. Well, Deion didn't run 4.4 in his 12th season, and he was one of the fastest guys I ever worked with. So for Darren to run that was pretty impressive."
    Sweet!
    wow, thats either insane, or that timer is broken lol
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast