Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Jackson needs time, patience

"tastywaves" wrote:
    At least 3 seconds would be nice.

The TJack verdict is long from in.
    It was easier to be patient with Manning or some of the others, because they came in the league so highly touted.
    TJack had a large number of doubters before he took his first NFL snap.
    He has a longer ways to go to prove his viability as an NFL mainstay and gets put under a lot of extra pressure with the current line play.

If he can get through it and this team starts to turn around toward the middle to end of season, he could come out of this year with a lot of confidence heading into next.
    I realize this is a big "IF", but you gotta hope for something.
    Problem is, our DEFENSE is playoff ready NOW...and we have a SUPERSTAR at RB...now all we need is a passing game to complete the picture...and it is VERY HARD to be patient...even though we know that is the right course of action.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    At least 3 seconds would be nice.

The TJack verdict is long from in.
    It was easier to be patient with Manning or some of the others, because they came in the league so highly touted.
    TJack had a large number of doubters before he took his first NFL snap.
    He has a longer ways to go to prove his viability as an NFL mainstay and gets put under a lot of extra pressure with the current line play.

If he can get through it and this team starts to turn around toward the middle to end of season, he could come out of this year with a lot of confidence heading into next.
    I realize this is a big "IF", but you gotta hope for something.
    Problem is, our DEFENSE is playoff ready NOW...and we have a SUPERSTAR at RB...now all we need is a passing game to complete the picture...and it is VERY HARD to be patient...even though we know that is the right course of action.
    If QB is really the only missing piece, we should trade our 1st or 2nd rounder for McNabb. We get a star QB who will be on his way out in a few years, which will hopefully be when TJ is seriously ready to take over.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

As many others have said here -- It's no so much of a QB problem as it is a protection problem. Just one game I'd like to see him get some time to throw and see how he does.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    As many others have said here -- It's no so much of a QB problem as it is a protection problem. Just one game I'd like to see him get some time to throw and see how he does.
    Does the Atlanta game not count?
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Does the Atlanta game not count?
    He made a couple of ill-advised passes..and got lucky for the most part.
    He just needs to not try too hard sometimes.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I think if T-Jacks learns to relax and not panic, he might be ok. To be honest, when I watch him, he tends to panic at the first feeling that the pocket is collapsing. I don't like that at all. Even "Wrecks" Grossman was able to stand in under pressure. Watch any good QB, and he doesn't bail out at the first sign that the pocket is collapsing. That is not a good tendency in the NFL, either.

I also don't like his accuracy. Troy Aikman always says, in the NFL, you need toughness and accuracy. If you are not accurate, you are not going to be successful. The "window" closes very fast in the NFL.

Arm strength is not enough. If it were, Ryan Leaf and Jeff George would be considered the best.

In the West Coast offense that we run, I am not sure how a non-accurate QB who panics helps us, to be honest.

And yes, Tarvaris might develop. And I might start dating super-models.
    :

Maizen is offline Training Camp

Well, the article did use a QB who didn't have to start immediately after getting drafted (to justify it's comparisons), Palmer was around for a year before he had to start, like Jackson, but do you really really believe he'll be as good as Palmer...even in his dreams?
    Can't compare his starts to Bradshaw and especially Peyton, since he was thrown to the wolves without any kind of run support, like Chester, AD, or even anything close to the talent on the o-line like ours.
    As I see it, I've given up on Jackson already, he doesn't have "it" ("it" = franchise QB qualities).
    I mean have you even heard him do an interview?
    I cringe and am embarrased with almost every word he speaks. He sounds like a blundering moron, and it reflects in what I've seen on the field from him.
    Really, what has he done in a regular season game to even show his fanboys that he is worth the future of our team.
    I know we were all excited for him, but that was when we had Brad Johnson throwing passes to the wrong jerseys, and TJ's was the infamous most popular backup QB in town.
    But, backup is all I forsee for him...ever.
    For our future franchise QB, we're very much in luck though, next year's draft is going to be stacked with them, i.e. Brian Brohm, Andre Woodson, Matt Ryan, Colt Brennan, and even Chad Henne (insert Michigan joke here).
    I do believe in our team this year, but, for us to be successful, we need an experienced QB for 3rd downs conversions and to basically control the ball.
    At the very least, maybe next year I expect Jackson to push any QB we better draft for playing time, but I'd put money on (if we do draft any of the afformentioned QB's) him loosing out to them.

()__))_C_R_A_Y_O_L_A__))>
    HTML for Yoopers!

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I think if T-Jacks learns to relax and not panic, he might be ok. To be honest, when I watch him, he tends to panic at the first feeling that the pocket is collapsing. I don't like that at all. Even "Wrecks" Grossman was able to stand in under pressure. Watch any good QB, and he doesn't bail out at the first sign that the pocket is collapsing. That is not a good tendency in the NFL, either.

I also don't like his accuracy. Troy Aikman always says, in the NFL, you need toughness and accuracy. If you are not accurate, you are not going to be successful. The "window" closes very fast in the NFL.

Arm strength is not enough. If it were, Ryan Leaf and Jeff George would be considered the best.

In the West Coast offense that we run, I am not sure how a non-accurate QB who panics helps us, to be honest.

:
    Rex has a lot more experience, on the bench (due to injury) and on the field. And if you want to draw comparisons to Rex, lets talk about his accuracy. Sure, they didn't win the superbowl, but they at least made it with him under center. My point is you shouldn't try to hold Rex above TJ, b/c Rex has had more time to learn the NFL way and still he messes up bad enough to get replaced. TJ will be better than Rex, considering TJ is still technically a rookie (only 4 games in) and he's showing good signs and rookie mistakes alike.

And those who say he doesn't have "it", he's only played 4 games, with a year of learning under his belt. Jesus Christ. If he would have thrown a couple of his bad passes away, you all probably wouldn't be saying that he doesn't have "it" and say how smart he is. Throwing balls away is something you learn, not some God given gift, so give him time to learn it. We all should have expected his rough start, and if you were hoping for a miracle, which I was, you should realize it would have been just that, a miracle. So lay off of TJ just b/c you saw him play a few games where he didn't play his best. He CAN be great (look at his first game against the Jets). He
    will get more accurate and smarter with the ball and when he does, I bet all of the impatient
    chicken littles will be jumping back on the band wagon and buy Jackson jerseys.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

"Braddock" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

:
    Rex has a lot more experience, on the bench (due to injury) and on the field. And if you want to draw comparisons to Rex, lets talk about his accuracy. Sure, they didn't win the superbowl, but they at least made it with him under center. My point is you shouldn't try to hold Rex above TJ, b/c Rex has had more time to learn the NFL way and still he messes up bad enough to get replaced. TJ will be better than Rex, considering TJ is still technically a rookie (only 4 games in) and he's showing good signs and rookie mistakes alike.

And those who say he doesn't have "it", he's only played 4 games, with a year of learning under his belt. Jesus Christ. If he would have thrown a couple of his bad passes away, you all probably wouldn't be saying that he doesn't have "it" and say how smart he is. Throwing balls away is something you learn, not some God given gift, so give him time to learn it. We all should have expected his rough start, and if you were hoping for a miracle, which I was, you should realize it would have been just that, a miracle. So lay off of TJ just b/c you saw him play a few games where he didn't play his best. He CAN be great (look at his first game against the Jets). He
    will get more accurate and smarter with the ball and when he does, I bet all of the impatient
    chicken littles will be jumping back on the band wagon and buy Jackson jerseys.
    With me the question is not whether TJ is the QB of the future. The question is, do we have the time to wait for our QB of the future to come around, or should we go a get someone who can leadour great defense, and a potentially stellar rushing attack, to several division title in a row. By the time TJ comes around, this team may look very different.

I have patience with TJ only if we can keep our current team together, plus maybe a WR and a TE. It is the same with Griffin, Cook, and even Greenway.
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123