Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Jackson needs time, patience

[size=13pt]MYERS: Vikings’ Jackson needs time, patience[/size]

Published - Sunday, September 23, 2007

By DAVE MYERS
    La Crosse Tribune

Well it’s over. The Minnesota Vikings are doomed and it’s time to go in another direction. Bench quarterback Tarvaris Jackson and fire that idiot coach Brad Childress.........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

Re: Jackson needs time, patience

wow a very good read, kind of hits the nail in the head especially considering how some of the top qbs in the game today had similar atrocious numbers to tjack in their 1st four starts
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Yeah, I don't think there's any real point in judging the boy now. Give him a couple of seasons and then judge him.

crazyB is offline Starter

Holcomb don't look to bad let's just hope that Tavaris Jackson is not out for too long or they may be tempted to keep Holcomb in the game as starter.
    get well soon TJack.
    8)

8) crazyB that s Mr crazyB to you 8)

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

IMHO there are quite a few players on this young team that need some time before we shit can them.

Alot of talent on the field that can only get better with experience.

I sure hope my liver can last that long.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

The trend is positive. It was smart to play the veteran (Holcomb) in the hostile environment of Arrowhead stadium after the young QB had thrown 4 bad INTs in last week's tough loss. This next game is different. The Packers are the biggest rival for the Vikings. It's a home game. Tarvaris would have the opportunity to learn a lot about playing quarterback for the Vikings if he can go on Sunday. Of course, if he's hurt, he needs to heal up first.

The things to watch are whether Jackson makes more improvements than he does regressions. Does he keep throwing INTs like he did against Detroit? Or does he learn from the experience and throw fewer and fewer of them over time? Does he get better? I'm betting he improves steadily if slowly.

As tough as it is, we fans have to be ultra-patient, because we have to develop a young QB from scratch. It worked with Tarkenton, Kramer, Wade Wilson, and Culpepper. It can work with TJack. If he stays healthy and avoids character problems he has the potential to be a top NFL quarterback for years to come.

Go Vikings!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I don't think T-Jack is the problem and it's to be expected that there would be some bumps in the road starting out.

However (and I've said this before) I don't think Childress is a good coach and he's isn't a leader. He doesn't have a rapport with his players and his playcalling is atrocious. I've wanted Childress gone from the day we hired him. I don't think he's an offensive genius and definitely isn't capable of running an entire football team.

It has nothing to do with the team as it currently stands right now. I just don't like Childress... never have... never will.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Already posted! http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=38173.0
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

I 100% agree with that! I cant believe Peyton did so bad his first 4 starts

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

In 1998 the Colts fought the temptation to bench Manning in favor of his back-up Kelly Holcomb, and the rest, as they say, is history.
    hahahaha thats awesome, didnt know that.
    good read! i like that comparison about faulk harrison & manning vs rice peterson & jackson... we'll see where it goes.

All we know, is the decisions that have been put in place this season by childress will define he career, 10 years from now, he'll be looked at as either a moron or a genius for his choices... lets hope its the latter

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast