Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Jackson On Leadership, Pressure And His Head Coach

(WCCO) Eden Prairie, Minn. For many Minnesotans, the lasting memory of Tarvaris Jackson's rookie season is an ugly interception in an ugly game against the St. Louis Rams.

Jackson will have plenty of opportunities to change our memories. In his second year, the second-round pick from Alabama State will run the first team. It's hard to picture a good season unless he has a great season.

It is easy to be skeptical after watching his rookie season. He started in only two games this year. The only real positive is that he got educated.

"Just the game experience that I got in those two games, it wasn't but two games that I started but they're two games that really meant a lot to my game," Jackson said.

"What is it that people don't know about Tarvaris Jackson, the quarterback, that they will see?" asked WCCO's Mike Max asked.

"I might run the football a little bit this year because last year I was a little more hurt, but I really ... I don't plan on running the football but I think you might see me running a little more this year, " Jackson replied.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Jackson On Leadership, Pressure And His Head Coach

Vikings players prefer Bollinger

"While Vikings coach Brad Childress doesn't have any choice but to say good things about Tarvaris Jackson, and he has confidence in Jackson, at the same time he also praises Brooks Bollinger. However, there are some Vikings players who believe that Jackson's lack of experience will make it tough for him to do the job and that Bollinger's experience will give him a better-than-average chance to be the No. 1 quarterback."

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/6238

"Property0f" wrote:

"While Vikings coach Brad Childress doesn't have any choice but to say good things about Tarvaris Jackson, and he has confidence in Jackson, at the same time he also praises Brooks Bollinger. However, there are some Vikings players who believe that Jackson's lack of experience will make it tough for him to do the job and that Bollinger's experience will give him a better-than-average chance to be the No. 1 quarterback."

Good stuff.
    Did you read some of the comments in this one?
    Although a couple makes sense, overall most of the posters just flat out crack me up.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Property0f" wrote:

Good stuff.
    Did you read some of the comments in this one?
    Although a couple makes sense, overall most of the posters just flat out crack me up.

;D
    I got a kick out of this one........

Childress better have a chat with Mike Mularkey and learn what happened in Buffalo when you have an uncertain QB at the controls.
    As in Kelly Holcomb!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"I might run the football a little bit this year because last year I was a little more hurt, but I really ... I don't plan on running the football but I think you might see me running a little more this year, " Jackson replied.
    I don't plan on killing someone, but you just might see me do it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Is she pissing you off again?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Is she pissing you off again?
    ROTFL!!!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    (WCCO) Eden Prairie, Minn. For many Minnesotans, the lasting memory of Tarvaris Jackson's rookie season is an ugly interception in an ugly game against the St. Louis Rams.

Jackson will have plenty of opportunities to change our memories. In his second year, the second-round pick from Alabama State will run the first team. It's hard to picture a good season unless he has a great season.

It is easy to be skeptical after watching his rookie season. He started in only two games this year. The only real positive is that he got educated.

"Just the game experience that I got in those two games, it wasn't but two games that I started but they're two games that really meant a lot to my game," Jackson said.

"What is it that people don't know about Tarvaris Jackson, the quarterback, that they will see?" asked WCCO's Mike Max asked.

Link to the entire article

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I've seen a couple of interviews with TJack (including the one on NFLN last week).
    Realistically, he doesn't seem like the most brightest of people but he's a nice guy.
    They say he's a "study-holic" which is a good thing when it comes down to football.
    Let's just hope his athletic talents show more than his intellect.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Link to the entire article
    Thanks Cogs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast