Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Jackson: 'I got a lot better'

[size=13pt]'I got a lot better'[/size]

Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson hopes the flashes he showed in his second season merit the starting job again in 2008.

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Jackson: 'I got a lot better'

Tarvaris has shown glimpses of what's to be. If he continue's to improve this offseason, and is given some help surrounding him (a reciever that has to be double covered) he will show why the coaches and players have faith in him. I like the potential he has, and hope he becomes a star in this league, and quells all the nay-sayers with solid QB play.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I like TJ and his attitude and without doubt he has improved since the start of this season. The question now is whether he can take that next step up next season and be the solid QB that both the team and many fans feel he will be.
    Certainly can't fault his enthusiasm but he needs more help I feel from both the coaching staff and a veteran QB who can really make a big difference to his learning. At present I'm undecided until we see
    how the Vikes approach FA and offseason, once we know their plans then we'll have more of an idea as to how TJ wil fare.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Honestly, I think what's really needed is a true #1 WR to where the defenses have to provide coverage to.
    The first couple of times TJ shows he can hit WRs on a consistent basis that will alleviate the 8 and 9 man fronts thus taking away a lot of the ZBs that occurred.
    That will also help the running game as well opening up more wholes for the double headed monster.

This year defenses didn't respect the passing game.
    They were able to use TJs inexperience against him.
    Next year he will come in with some experience and hopefully the confidence and make defenses play honest.
    We already know Rice can catch the ball.
    Fergy came along very nicely the end of the season.
    Wade was consistent.
    Alison has the capabilities to be a good WR.
    The talent is there but TJ needs to be consistent.
    That comes with experience.
    A true #1 would compliment the WRs there now and help the offense out tremendously.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

If TJack keeps working hard and getting better, into the offseason, through the offseason, and training camp, and then next season, he will be really good. I just like Jackson as the quarterback. He has a swagger, and he thirsts for victory.

Go Vikings!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    Honestly, I think what's really needed is a true #1 WR to where the defenses have to provide coverage to.
    The first couple of times TJ shows he can hit WRs on a consistent basis that will alleviate the 8 and 9 man fronts thus taking away a lot of the ZBs that occurred.
    That will also help the running game as well opening up more wholes for the double headed monster.

This year defenses didn't respect the passing game.
    They were able to use TJs inexperience against him.
    Next year he will come in with some experience and hopefully the confidence and make defenses play honest.
    We already know Rice can catch the ball.
    Fergy came along very nicely the end of the season.
    Wade was consistent.
    Alison has the capabilities to be a good WR.
    The talent is there but TJ needs to be consistent.
    That comes with experience.
    A true #1 would compliment the WRs there now and help the offense out tremendously.
    I hear ya.
    A number one along with the emergence of Rice and the rest of the supporting cast would be very good for a young QB, however..........

TJ and Rice need to spend hours and hours working on the deep ball and TJ's accuracy throwing it.
    We left at least 8 deep catches on the field cause TJ was off target, too long or just missed the read.

I think that will be addressed during the offseason.
    As a wise man once said, sometimes you can't fix everything over night.

Heres to TJ's continued progress over the offseason and the hopes that they (the front office) will give him a new target to go along with the others (Minus T-Will).
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He went from unwatchable to the point you could come out of your drunken stupor for a moment on occasion and look at the TV. He still has a very long road ahead of him. I just hope he has it in himself and that the staff knows how to get it out.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

I think Tarvaris played EXTREMELY well in the game against Denver. He was making some really good decisions like running with the ball when pressured, scrambeling to buy more time, and the short dump off when Ryan had the penalty that caused a safety, alot of the mistakes came from other players on the team. Like the Chester Taylor fumble in the endzone, the Ryan Cook penalty in the enzone, the Troy Williamson drop. All in all we COULD and SHOULD have won that game. But we beat ourselves.

I think this is my best post
    8)

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"VikesFan787" wrote:
    I think Tarvaris played EXTREMELY well in the game against Denver. He was making some really good decisions like running with the ball when pressured, scrambeling to buy more time, and the short dump off when Ryan had the penalty that caused a safety, alot of the mistakes came from other players on the team. Like the Chester Taylor fumble in the endzone, the Ryan Cook penalty in the enzone, the Troy Williamson drop. All in all we COULD and SHOULD have won that game. But we beat ourselves.

8)
    I think T-Will's drops just took the air out of our entire team. It was such a sure catch... but he flat out whiffed it. I agree, T-Jack played pretty well, but there's only so much he can do on his own.

And don't fool yourself... all your posts are awful.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikesFan787" wrote:

8)
    I will let you know if it is.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast