Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re:Jackson has 'wanted change' but not now

C Mac D wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    "I can say it was fine," Jackson said. "When he first came in he pulled me to the side. We were walking to practice one day and he was like, I dont know what youve heard, but if I can help you with anything just let me know. I honestly told him, Well, if I can learn anything it will be more by watching than asking questions. Id [learn] by me seeing you do certain things and how you do it. If I can see it, I can do it. [There was] little stuff with the offense that he helped me with as far as the offense goes but I pretty much know the offense. Its just about going on the field and making it happen.
    Jackson: Relationship with Favre was fine
    Sounds a little too cocky to mean. His ass better perform after hearing this crap. I remember there being another comment that he said that pissed me off. I can't find it now. Ask questions you dumb ass.
    I didn't take it that way... IMO, when it comes to football, it's easier to learn something by watching it rather than break it down by talking about it. It's why teams watch video week-in and week-out.

Also, people learn differently. Some people are visual learners, some are auditory learners. Jackson is probably more of a visual learner... and by looking at the list of QBs he's had to watch over the past 4 years, it's no wonder some of you think he's developed so poorly.
    Everyone else's fault except the person who has to perform. Now he had poor examples. I really am at the point where I hope he starts next year just so the TJ sniffers get their wish. And while I hope he does well posts like this give me that little twing if he performs well. He has no one to blame for his performance good or bad other than himself. I am sure if he does great those no name QBs will not get any credit for his ascention Only those names are brought out to relieve him of any responsibitly for any BAD plays, the good ones he did all by his little ol' self. AMAZING!!! :blink:
    lol... read whatever you want, but you also wrote-off his tats when they were good (a 95 QB rating his 3rd year and a 110+ QB rating last year... even after you say it takes 2 years to groom a QB. You contradict yourself). Seems someone just wants to hate on Jackson no matter what. Honestly, it comes off as borderline racist.
    You are truly a moron and don't call me a racist you bag of shit you know nothing about me. I have not contradicted myself. His third year he played ok I never said anything else other than it didn't impress me you asshole! And I also said he didn't impress the coaches or he would be starting. The 110 thing is bullshit and you know it. He did mop up duty and played in so few plays I said the data didn't prove anything. Then I said if a second string QB came in a threw a hail mary pass he in the only play he played that year he would have a 140 QB rating. Does that show progress- I got no response. So don't say I am a racist because you are the racist if you think every time someone does not go along with your view they are racist you are putting race into this conversation not me. So don't say that again you dicklicker! See I can use gerogatory remarks too, just stay to the facts!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Jackson has all the PHYSICAL tools to succeed...but he's never demonstrated the mental ability nor the heart to pull one out of the fire (with ONE exception).

Caine
    But therein lies the rub doens't it.

Look around the league. The young QB's that have succeeded have had teams around them that could carry them and no one has asked them to carry anything.

Again, for me atleast, your cut on this is that you expect something out of him, mostly tied to a few comments from our HC saying he was ready. A couple of us don't quite see it that way.

Could we be cutting him some slack? Possibly, but again, shouldn't we cut young kids, forced to play before they are ready, some slack?
    C'mon, Marr...isn't that a bit of a stretch too? Why do you make it so easy?

Are you trying to tell me that Flacco had a good team around him? He plays in BALTIMORE...where Receivers go to DIE. Now, have they made a concerted effort to improve at that position? This year they did...but Flacco was battling his ass off with not much around him before now.

Sanchez at the Jets isn't surrounded by awesome receivers. Schaub in Houston doesn't have much pro-bowl talent around him. And so on, and so on...

Jackson had a bad receiver corps in 06, a better one in 07, and an even better one in 08. And while the TEAM itself improved - along with Jacksons stats - Jackson himself never really seemed to much. Mostly, he rode other people's success.

Caine

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

tarkenton10 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    "I can say it was fine," Jackson said. "When he first came in he pulled me to the side. We were walking to practice one day and he was like, I dont know what youve heard, but if I can help you with anything just let me know. I honestly told him, Well, if I can learn anything it will be more by watching than asking questions. Id [learn] by me seeing you do certain things and how you do it. If I can see it, I can do it. [There was] little stuff with the offense that he helped me with as far as the offense goes but I pretty much know the offense. Its just about going on the field and making it happen.
    Sounds a little too cocky to mean. His ass better perform after hearing this crap. I remember there being another comment that he said that pissed me off. I can't find it now. Ask questions you dumb ass.
    I didn't take it that way... IMO, when it comes to football, it's easier to learn something by watching it rather than break it down by talking about it. It's why teams watch video week-in and week-out.

Also, people learn differently. Some people are visual learners, some are auditory learners. Jackson is probably more of a visual learner... and by looking at the list of QBs he's had to watch over the past 4 years, it's no wonder some of you think he's developed so poorly.
    Everyone else's fault except the person who has to perform. Now he had poor examples. I really am at the point where I hope he starts next year just so the TJ sniffers get their wish. And while I hope he does well posts like this give me that little twing if he performs well. He has no one to blame for his performance good or bad other than himself. I am sure if he does great those no name QBs will not get any credit for his ascention Only those names are brought out to relieve him of any responsibitly for any BAD plays, the good ones he did all by his little ol' self. AMAZING!!! :blink:
    lol... read whatever you want, but you also wrote-off his tats when they were good (a 95 QB rating his 3rd year and a 110+ QB rating last year... even after you say it takes 2 years to groom a QB. You contradict yourself). Seems someone just wants to hate on Jackson no matter what. Honestly, it comes off as borderline racist.
    You are truly a moron and don't call me a racist you bag of shit you know nothing about me. I have not contradicted myself. His third year he played ok I never said anything else other than it didn't impress me you asshole! And I also said he didn't impress the coaches or he would be starting. The 110 thing is bullshit and you know it. He did mop up duty and played in so few plays I said the data didn't prove anything. Then I said if a second string QB came in a threw a hail mary pass he in the only play he played that year he would have a 140 QB rating. Does that show progress- I got no response. So don't say I am a racist because you are the racist if you think every time someone does not go along with your view they are racist you are putting race into this conversation not me. So don't say that again you dicklicker! See I can use gerogatory remarks too, just stay to the facts!!
    Realize it doesn't mean much now, but I thought I was replying to Caine at the time.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Now it gets even worse for Jackson. He has to follow Favre.
    Rogers did it fairly well. But not many young guys could.

If TJ is the replacement for Brett, he has a tough road ahead.

I've been pretty supportive of TJ in the past but the glaring disparity between his performance and Favre's cast a lot doubt in my mind.

And yes,I belive the team was close to the same the last 2 years with a few exceptions.

It appeared Favre made the team better but the team made TJ better.

I do think TJ has improved and hopefully his time in the league will pay dividends.

But as Prophet so eloquently states, TJ is still a question mark.

Is he the future franchise QB?

Is he circling the drain?

His next opportunity will give us the answer, providing he gets one.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Jackson has all the PHYSICAL tools to succeed...but he's never demonstrated the mental ability nor the heart to pull one out of the fire (with ONE exception).

Caine

Look around the league. The young QB's that have succeeded have had teams around them that could carry them and no one has asked them to carry anything.

Again, for me atleast, your cut on this is that you expect something out of him, mostly tied to a few comments from our HC saying he was ready. A couple of us don't quite see it that way.

Could we be cutting him some slack? Possibly, but again, shouldn't we cut young kids, forced to play before they are ready, some slack?

Are you trying to tell me that Flacco had a good team around him? He plays in BALTIMORE...where Receivers go to DIE. Now, have they made a concerted effort to improve at that position? This year they did...but Flacco was battling his ass off with not much around him before now.

Sanchez at the Jets isn't surrounded by awesome receivers. Schaub in Houston doesn't have much pro-bowl talent around him. And so on, and so on...

Jackson had a bad receiver corps in 06, a better one in 07, and an even better one in 08. And while the TEAM itself improved - along with Jacksons stats - Jackson himself never really seemed to much. Mostly, he rode other people's success.

Caine
    Ray Rice 6th in yards (1339).
    Derrick Mason 25th, 73 recpetions/1,028 yards.
    Le'Ron McClain 902 yards from a FB
    Willis McGahee 671 yards
    Ray Rice BAL 454 yards
    Derrick Mason 16th, 80 receptions/1,037 yards.
    Doesn't sound like chop liver to me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

C Mac D wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Realize it doesn't mean much now, but I thought I was replying to Caine at the time.
    It doesn't matter who you were replying to keep race out of it, you don't know anyone on this site well enough to make any kind of remake like that. If you stick with the facts everyone can have a heated debate and be friends in the end!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Damn, I didn't think of that. Excellent point my friend.

In the end, the Noodle will still be pissing me off even after he leaves.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Damn, I didn't think of that. Excellent point my friend.

In the end, the Noodle will still be pissing me off even after he leaves.
    Then he's done his job

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Caine

Caine
    Willis McGahee 671 yards
    Ray Rice BAL 454 yards
    Yes, Marr...and two of those are Backs, not receivers...are they better than Adrian/Chester? No? Than my point stands. Jackson has had EVERY opportunity to succeed, and simply hasn't. Not on his OWN merits...only on someone elses.

Caine

Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Caine

Caine
    Willis McGahee 671 yards
    Ray Rice BAL 454 yards
    Yes, Marr...and two of those are Backs, not receivers...are they better than Adrian/Chester? No? Than my point stands. Jackson has had EVERY opportunity to succeed, and simply hasn't. Not on his OWN merits...only on someone elses.

Caine
    And I agree to a point and that is my point. Teams should carry a young QB, not the other way around.

And those backs stats are rushing stats, not recieving.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast