Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re:Jackson has 'wanted change' but not now

C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    "I can say it was fine," Jackson said. "When he first came in he pulled me to the side. We were walking to practice one day and he was like, I dont know what youve heard, but if I can help you with anything just let me know. I honestly told him, Well, if I can learn anything it will be more by watching than asking questions. Id [learn] by me seeing you do certain things and how you do it. If I can see it, I can do it. [There was] little stuff with the offense that he helped me with as far as the offense goes but I pretty much know the offense. Its just about going on the field and making it happen.
    Jackson: Relationship with Favre was fine
    Sounds a little too cocky to mean. His ass better perform after hearing this crap. I remember there being another comment that he said that pissed me off. I can't find it now. Ask questions you dumb ass.
    I didn't take it that way... IMO, when it comes to football, it's easier to learn something by watching it rather than break it down by talking about it. It's why teams watch video week-in and week-out.

Also, people learn differently. Some people are visual learners, some are auditory learners. Jackson is probably more of a visual learner... and by looking at the list of QBs he's had to watch over the past 4 years, it's no wonder some of you think he's developed so poorly.
    Everyone else's fault except the person who has to perform. Now he had poor examples. I really am at the point where I hope he starts next year just so the TJ sniffers get their wish. And while I hope he does well posts like this give me that little twing if he performs well. He has no one to blame for his performance good or bad other than himself. I am sure if he does great those no name QBs will not get any credit for his ascention Only those names are brought out to relieve him of any responsibitly for any BAD plays, the good ones he did all by his little ol' self. AMAZING!!! :blink:

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

marstc09 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    "I can say it was fine," Jackson said. "When he first came in he pulled me to the side. We were walking to practice one day and he was like, I dont know what youve heard, but if I can help you with anything just let me know. I honestly told him, Well, if I can learn anything it will be more by watching than asking questions. Id [learn] by me seeing you do certain things and how you do it. If I can see it, I can do it. [There was] little stuff with the offense that he helped me with as far as the offense goes but I pretty much know the offense. Its just about going on the field and making it happen.
    Sounds a little too cocky to mean. His ass better perform after hearing this crap. I remember there being another comment that he said that pissed me off. I can't find it now. Ask questions you dumb ass.
    I didn't take it that way... IMO, when it comes to football, it's easier to learn something by watching it rather than break it down by talking about it. It's why teams watch video week-in and week-out.

Also, people learn differently. Some people are visual learners, some are auditory learners. Jackson is probably more of a visual learner... and by looking at the list of QBs he's had to watch over the past 4 years, it's no wonder some of you think he's developed so poorly.
    QBs also go over plays and discuss on the sidelines during the games. Someone made a comment that TJ is sometimes nowhere to be found.

Good point on the QBs that TJ has had to watch. That was a lot of the reason I wanted Favre to come in but others continued to fight me on it.
    Always loved those comments because every week I'd see Jackson standing next to Favre going over plays... and every week someone said he was "Nowhere to be found..."

You find out who was actually watching the game.

Favre was a great pickup. I'm not advocating Jackson should start behind him... I"m just happy he finally has a legit QB to develop behind.

And I mean actually develop, not Childress throwing him into the spotlight prematurely and telling the media he's ready. I honestly don't know if Childress can recognize QB talent... unless it's one of the best QBs of all-time. If Jackson turns into something special, I'll give full credit to Chilly.
    I could have sworn you were the one who said they don't get to watch every game. Anyways there are times were TJ is nowhere to be found but I am not holding that against him. I blame Childress.
    I only missed two games all last season, Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

tarkenton10 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Everyone else's fault except the person who has to perform. Now he had poor examples. I really am at the point where I hope he starts next year just so the TJ sniffers get their wish. And while I hope he does well posts like this give me that little twing if he performs well. He has no one to blame for his performance good or bad other than himself. I am sure if he does great those no name QBs will not get any credit for his ascention Only those names are brought out to relieve him of any responsibitly for any BAD plays, the good ones he did all by his little ol' self. AMAZING!!! :blink:
    lol... read whatever you want, but you also wrote-off his tats when they were good (a 95 QB rating his 3rd year and a 110+ QB rating last year... even after you say it takes 2 years to groom a QB. You contradict yourself). Seems someone just wants to hate on Jackson no matter what. Honestly, it comes off as borderline racist.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Nice to see C Mac D has this thread covered.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Why is it that everyone says we are not a SuperBowl contender if Favre doesn't come back?

Because they know it will be TJ at the helm....

Makes sense to me.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Of course he wanted change which is why he didn't sign the tender until the last minute. The problem for him is that no other team thought enough of him to match the tender so the only option he had was to take what the Vikings offered him.

Being in the 5th year of a 3 year project there really is no more time for development and in a way I would like to see Brett stay in Mississippi so we can get Jackson in there and see if he sinks or swims.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

lol... read whatever you want, but you also wrote-off his tats when they were good (a 95 QB rating his 3rd year and a 110+ QB rating last year... even after you say it takes 2 years to groom a QB. You contradict yourself). Seems someone just wants to hate on Jackson no matter what. Honestly, it comes off as borderline racist.
    Now people are RACIST for not likeing Jackson? OMFG!!!! There is no depth to which you will not plunge, is there! NO one said ANYTHING aout race...ever!! Except...hmmm...you.

Jakson's 95 ratingin 08 was based LARGELY upon the efforts of others. Go back and watch the games again, or go through teh play-by-plays. In virtually EVERY win, either Peterson, Taylor, or the Defense first obliterated t opponent. That allowed Jackson to stat-pad. In games where the above 3 struggled, Jackson disppeared.

Jackson ratings during mop up duty in 09 were an "impressiv" 110...and why not? He had ZERO pressure. The games were never in doubt, the opposing team had all but given up,and Jackson was sent in to wind down the clock. By all means, THOSE are the conditions under which I want to judge my starter under. Hell, why not try and convince us based upon how well he performed when you played Madden?

Jackson has all the PHYSICAL tools to succeed...but he's never demonstrated the mental ability nor the heart to pull one out of the fire (with ONE exception).

THAT is why I don't like Jackson as a starter...and THAT is why most people share that opinion.

Caine

Purple Floyd wrote:
    Of course he wanted change which is why he didn't sign the tender until the last minute. The problem for him is that no other team thought enough of him to match the tender so the only option he had was to take what the Vikings offered him.
    I think Tarvaris' tender was attached to a 3rd round pick. Based on his performance it's no surprise teams weren't interested in that exchange.

I'm curious as to what will happen when he is a true free agent. Assuming he doesn't start this year, then I can't imagine any team pursuing him as a starter. Minnesota will likely remain his best bet to play considering the time the team has already invested in him.

The desire to move on when things aren't exactly as you'd like is not unnatural. But I wonder if he will realize the advantages of staying with the Vikings when he actually has a choice in the matter, or if his pride will force him to try his luck someplace else? Does he truly believe what he's saying now, or is he just being politically correct?

Being in the 5th year of a 3 year project there really is no more time for development and in a way I would like to see Brett stay in Mississippi so we can get Jackson in there and see if he sinks or swims.
    I can understand that feeling, but I don't agree with it.

The disadvantages of making a mediocre to average quarterback wait another year pale in comparison to the advantages of trying to get another season like last year out of Favre.

One year in the NFL is a long, long time.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

C Mac D wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Caine wrote:
    Jackson has all the PHYSICAL tools to succeed...but he's never demonstrated the mental ability nor the heart to pull one out of the fire (with ONE exception).

Caine
    But therein lies the rub doens't it.

Look around the league. The young QB's that have succeeded have had teams around them that could carry them and no one has asked them to carry anything.

Again, for me atleast, your cut on this is that you expect something out of him, mostly tied to a few comments from our HC saying he was ready. A couple of us don't quite see it that way.

Could we be cutting him some slack? Possibly, but again, shouldn't we cut young kids, forced to play before they are ready, some slack?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast