Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Jackson has 'wanted change' but not now

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    "I can say it was fine," Jackson said. "When he first came in he pulled me to the side. We were walking to practice one day and he was like, I dont know what youve heard, but if I can help you with anything just let me know. I honestly told him, Well, if I can learn anything it will be more by watching than asking questions. Id [learn] by me seeing you do certain things and how you do it. If I can see it, I can do it. [There was] little stuff with the offense that he helped me with as far as the offense goes but I pretty much know the offense. Its just about going on the field and making it happen.
    Jackson: Relationship with Favre was fine
    Sounds a little too cocky to mean. His ass better perform after hearing this crap. I remember there being another comment that he said that pissed me off. I can't find it now. Ask questions you dumb ass.
    I didn't take it that way... IMO, when it comes to football, it's easier to learn something by watching it rather than break it down by talking about it. It's why teams watch video week-in and week-out.

Also, people learn differently. Some people are visual learners, some are auditory learners. Jackson is probably more of a visual learner... and by looking at the list of QBs he's had to watch over the past 4 years, it's no wonder some of you think he's developed so poorly.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    "I can say it was fine," Jackson said. "When he first came in he pulled me to the side. We were walking to practice one day and he was like, I dont know what youve heard, but if I can help you with anything just let me know. I honestly told him, Well, if I can learn anything it will be more by watching than asking questions. Id [learn] by me seeing you do certain things and how you do it. If I can see it, I can do it. [There was] little stuff with the offense that he helped me with as far as the offense goes but I pretty much know the offense. Its just about going on the field and making it happen.
    Sounds a little too cocky to mean. His ass better perform after hearing this crap. I remember there being another comment that he said that pissed me off. I can't find it now. Ask questions you dumb ass.
    I didn't take it that way... IMO, when it comes to football, it's easier to learn something by watching it rather than break it down by talking about it. It's why teams watch video week-in and week-out.

Also, people learn differently. Some people are visual learners, some are auditory learners. Jackson is probably more of a visual learner... and by looking at the list of QBs he's had to watch over the past 4 years, it's no wonder some of you think he's developed so poorly.
    QBs also go over plays and discuss on the sidelines during the games. Someone made a comment that TJ is sometimes nowhere to be found.

Good point on the QBs that TJ has had to watch. That was a lot of the reason I wanted Favre to come in but others continued to fight me on it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

QBs also go over plays and discuss on the sidelines during the games. Someone made a comment that TJ is sometimes nowhere to be found.

Good point on the QBs that TJ has had to watch. That was a lot of the reason I wanted Favre to come in but others continued to fight me on it.
    LOL, that isn't the reason you wanted him here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

marstc09 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Always loved those comments because every week I'd see Jackson standing next to Favre going over plays... and every week someone said he was "Nowhere to be found..."

You find out who was actually watching the game.

Favre was a great pickup. I'm not advocating Jackson should start behind him... I"m just happy he finally has a legit QB to develop behind.

And I mean actually develop, not Childress throwing him into the spotlight prematurely and telling the media he's ready. I honestly don't know if Childress can recognize QB talent... unless it's one of the best QBs of all-time. If Jackson turns into something special, I'll give full credit to Chilly.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    "Even the things that we really didn't have in the offense, things that he kind of got guys to feed into and kind of keep the chains moving a lot," Jackson said, referencing Favre's ability to operate on the fly. "Just little things that he did that kept our offense going. As much as Ive learned from him, a lot of stuff he did because hes Brett Favre.
    Shocking.

I could have sworn that Marrdro guy was telling me that Favre didn't 'run' the offense at all, but our team carried him.... funny, I must have mis-heard
    The best part about never having met marrdro is that I cannot hear his voice reading his posts to me. I can choose any voice I want. Right now I'm using Esmeralda's voice from Bewitched.
    LOL. First a Hobbit, now a Witch. Man I love PPO.

On a side note, I wonder what local MN fare Hobbits and Witches eat? :dry:
    Naw the best part is actually having the pleasure to meet Marrdro and being able to read his post with his amalgam of Minnesotan and SE Virginian dialect come through true entertainment.

As far as TJ goes, I think he has a tendency to be a little too honest with the media. You cannot tell me that any player in his situation would not feel a little bit like what TJ was describing. In his opinion, mostly derived by what Caine always brings up: Chilly's advocacy of TJ's readiness, he was being groomed to be the starting QB. When Farve came in, he had ZERO chance to start.

I understand your logic in working hard no matter your role. But a young, starting QB who gets trumped by a veteral with no shot at starting has to get his confidence/ego/comfort level shaken. Jason Campbell was in the same position this year with McNabb comingin. I also think they both handled the situation quite well.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    "Even the things that we really didn't have in the offense, things that he kind of got guys to feed into and kind of keep the chains moving a lot," Jackson said, referencing Favre's ability to operate on the fly. "Just little things that he did that kept our offense going. As much as Ive learned from him, a lot of stuff he did because hes Brett Favre.
    Shocking.

I could have sworn that Marrdro guy was telling me that Favre didn't 'run' the offense at all, but our team carried him.... funny, I must have mis-heard
    Who would of thunk?

seaniemck7 wrote:
    Naw the best part is actually having the pleasure to meet Marrdro and being able to read his post with his amalgam of Minnesotan and SE Virginian dialect come through true entertainment.
    So am I a local from MN or a local from VA?

LOL, JK, Them boys old enough for a fishing trip this summer?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Always loved those comments because every week I'd see Jackson standing next to Favre going over plays... and every week someone said he was "Nowhere to be found..."

Favre was a great pickup. I'm not advocating Jackson should start behind him... I"m just happy he finally has a legit QB to develop behind.

And I mean actually develop, not Childress throwing him into the spotlight prematurely and telling the media he's ready. I honestly don't know if Childress can recognize QB talent... unless it's one of the best QBs of all-time. If Jackson turns into something special, I'll give full credit to Chilly.
    I could have sworn you were the one who said they don't get to watch every game. Anyways there are times were TJ is nowhere to be found but I am not holding that against him. I blame Childress.

marstc09 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I could have sworn you were the one who said they don't get to watch every game. Anyways there are times were TJ is nowhere to be found but I am not holding that against him. I blame Childress.
    I blame Sage. That dude is all over the Noodles tip so bad ole TJ doesn't have room to get in to see the pics.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

He still looks at it and determines the best play against the D he sees. Also he probably knows more about how to gameplan at this stage than the Chiller. Just because he is the coach does not make him more knowledgeable, just responsible! If I had to choose between Favre and Chiller on Xs and Os I would take Favre every time. I have seen some of Chillers game plans and it aint pretty.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast