Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Jackson has 'wanted change' but not now

Prophet wrote:
    You can just feel the offseason love in this thread.
    Everyone just needs to start using the "My Friend" verbiage.

If you use it enough, it starts catching on and will spread to a point that we are friends....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

If you use it enough, it starts catching on and will spread to a point that we are friends....
    I prefer "sexy little pixie", awkward as it was the first few times.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

I still need to get even with Vesty over that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

I still need to get even with Vesty over that.
    never, ever, mess with the Vest.. you'll come off worse and it will all end in tears :woohoo:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

C Mac D wrote:

lol... don't pay attention to the news much? Arizona ring a bell?

It's not even so much that one case, it's how Caine belittles Jackson saying that he's unable to learn the offense and he'll never develop into a full-time starter... despite the numbers disagreeing with him. Couple that with his rants on Edwards, calling him pretty much a mediocre DE and then calling people who stand up for Edwards, "VikingTW".

Couple that with political comments you've made and your views on police brutality... I've formed an opinion. That is all.[/quote]

Well I have been saying the same things so I guess I am a racist too. Of course I also think O'Sullivan and McMahon sucked so I must be hibernophobic on top of it and because I think Cook sucks I must really hate food as well.

Blog Entries

Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

As a packer fan that certainly can't be the worst thing you have had to get used to. :woohoo:

Purple Floyd wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

As a packer fan that certainly can't be the worst thing you have had to get used to. :woohoo:
    It helps when no one actually knows that you're a Packer fan.

It's usually goes something like this over here in the Netherlands.

"What the hell kind of shirt is that?"

"It's a Packers shirt. American Football."

"Isn't that like Rugby?"

I then usually hit them.

And run away as fast as I can, since I'm 6'1, 155 and have the arms of a little girl.

So my shirts are just hanging on my wall right now.

Thought I'd take this one a bit more off-topic than it already was.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Blog Entries

Rockmolder wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

"What the hell kind of shirt is that?"

"It's a Packers shirt. American Football."

"Isn't that like Rugby?"

I then usually hit them.

And run away as fast as I can, since I'm 6'1, 155 and have the arms of a little girl.

So my shirts are just hanging on my wall right now.

Thought I'd take this one a bit more off-topic than it already was.
    LOL

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Rockmolder wrote:

Being a Dutch Packer fan - would you rather stick your finger in a dyke or a sheep?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

C Mac D wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    And can we stop acting like Caine is spewing facts? He simply rights off facts then tries to pass his slanted opinion off as if it's the truth.
    First, I think it's pretty clear that the above post was my opinion. And while there are a plethora of facts to support my opinion, I didn't cite any. I do find it rather ironic that you chose to dig waaaay back into the thread just to come after me...it's almost like I have a stalker...

Just because some like-minded people share his opinion means nothing.
    Yup...just because the vast majority of the football watching planet agree with me is absolutely NO reason to think I might be remotely right. C Mac, on the other hand, has the agreement of the other handful of Jackson apologists to support his point of view...a much better bandwagon to jump on...

He simply cannot look at the overall picture of the entire team and focuses merely on the faults of the QB, while also writing off any stats that go against his argument... then using stats that help his argument. His entire arguments are pretty transparent. The closest he gets to facts are, "Jackson sucked in the Colts game... Jackson sucked in the playoffs..." Yeah, tough to argue facts that (despite that I've posted videos of passes hitting receivers in the numbers, only to have the receivers drop them... Caine had no response to those videos, oddly).
    It seems to me that in this particular instance the question pertains specifically TO the Quarterback - which would be why I focused on that position... Funny how I do that...stay "On Topic"...you should try it sometime.

As for writing off stats:

1: I have refuted "Stats in a vacuum" and have filled in the rest of the picture when you have tried to convince us of Jackson's greatness - like his 110 QB rating last season (He must have just missed the Pro Bowl with numbers like that...).

2: As for Jackson's "drops", you try and sell it like every incompletion he's charged with was a drop. The truth is, there was one drop in the FIRST QUARTER of the Colts game that should have been TD - but he failed to move the team appreciably for the rest of the game too (Funny how you conveniently forget that tidbit). Point is, drops played a very small role in Jackon's overall play...despite the fact taht you try and make it a linchpin argument (And fail)

Now, Caine will use this post to say I think Jackson should start over Favre... or Caine will call me a douche... both are the usual Caine response. While I am a douche, I don't think Jackson should start over Favre. Never said that.
    1: I haven't yet seen you post that Jackson should start over Favre, so why would I say that? Ohhhhhh...I know why you're saying that. You're accusing ME of twisting words out of context and assaulting the original poster with preposterous accusations then claiming superiority based upon incidents which never occurred...

So sorry to disappoint, but the only Poster on PPO who actually does that with consistency and regularity would be....you, C Mac. It's sort of your trademark. Sort of like you JUST DID.

2: And you were called a douche after implying I was racist. The funny part is, I haven't ever written anything that could even remotely considered racist, yet the evidence of you being a douche is overwhelming.

I guess you simply don't like people responding with fact based assertions after you post made up drivel...

The above is all truth. Might be hard to digest, Caine... but you simply don't look at the whole picture and don't really have any valid arguments except for personal opinion.
    No, the above is all your personal, and very twisted, opinion. It isn't hard to digest, because - like all crap - it simply gets tossed out. You see, there are 5 people in the world whose opinions I give a shit about...and you aren't on that list.

When it comes to "whole picture", I think my track record on that is far superior to yours...you are quite well known for taking single elements out of context, twisting them to mean something unrelated to the original post, then throwing them back in the face of the original poster. Something I find it hilarious that you would accuse ME of doing - despite thte FACT that I NEVER do.

In fact, almost every negative accusation you level towards me is a thousand times more accurate if directed towards YOU. I find it hilarious when you try and damn me for YOUR attributes...despite the fact that I don't share them.

But thanks for playing...

Caine
    I'm with you Caine! He called me a racist too. Just because we don't like TJ. He never asked me about any other black QB, like Warrem Moon. I thought he was a great Viking QB. Never asked me what I thought of McNabb but I don't like one QB who I don't think played well he paints a wide brush over my opinions. Now I hate every black person on this planet, which is what he is saying by calling me that. I am sure he didn't like the way Brad Johnson played he must be a racist, he hates white people.
    No, I meant that for Caine, not you.

My opinion of Caine has developed through various conversations, not just his opinion of Jackson.
    Your opinion of me developed when we disagreed over whether or not a police officer should taser an 80 year old woman.

See, during that debate, I presented police operating procedure, level of force explanation, public and personal safety guidelines, and the rest of the relevant data needed to judge the situation from the Police officers POV - all based upon my degree in Criminal Justice...C Mac couldn't get past the idea that it was an Old lady.

That's where his derisive tone and name calling began...and it has continued unabated since. I RECENTLY (about 1-2 weeks ago) finally tired of his disingenuous ways and called him a douche - a title he has more than earned - and he now tries to spin that as ME being the aggressor and him the victim, despite the fact that no one who has been on these boards for more than 3 months would ever agree with him.

Now he back-pedals...something he accused ME of...when others call him out. How absolutely revealing that is.

Caine
    I do not know the cicumstances involving this 80 year old woman nor do I want to; but I will say this- My brother is Police officer and I would rather he err on the side of caution then be shot. I am sure you can look up fatal shooting in the US and at some point an officer has been killed by an old lady.

I do agree with one point that officers follow protocol and it is a step by step process, they do not look at anyone's age, creed or color. You follow their directions or they go to the next step in protocol; that's it.

Last little tidbit of wisdom- I would rather be tried by twelve than carried by six!!
    Yes, I tried to explain that in painstaking detail...but was derided and lambasted for my efforts...

Caine
    lol... don't pay attention to the news much? Arizona ring a bell?
    It's not even so much that one case, it's how Caine belittles Jackson saying that he's unable to learn the offense and he'll never develop into a full-time starter... despite the numbers disagreeing with him. Couple that with his rants on Edwards, calling him pretty much a mediocre DE and then calling people who stand up for Edwards, "VikingTW".

Couple that with political comments you've made and your views on police brutality... I've formed an opinion. That is all.
    What is that sentence suppose to mean? And it is very condescending, much of the reason for people finging you arrogant and distastful! Waht does Arizona have todo with being a racist?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast