Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Jackson has 'wanted change' but not now

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    "Even the things that we really didn't have in the offense, things that he kind of got guys to feed into and kind of keep the chains moving a lot," Jackson said, referencing Favre's ability to operate on the fly. "Just little things that he did that kept our offense going. As much as Ive learned from him, a lot of stuff he did because hes Brett Favre.
    Shocking.

I could have sworn that Marrdro guy was telling me that Favre didn't 'run' the offense at all, but our team carried him.... funny, I must have mis-heard
    The best part about never having met marrdro is that I cannot hear his voice reading his posts to me. I can choose any voice I want. Right now I'm using Esmeralda's voice from Bewitched.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    "Even the things that we really didn't have in the offense, things that he kind of got guys to feed into and kind of keep the chains moving a lot," Jackson said, referencing Favre's ability to operate on the fly. "Just little things that he did that kept our offense going. As much as Ive learned from him, a lot of stuff he did because hes Brett Favre.
    Shocking.

I could have sworn that Marrdro guy was telling me that Favre didn't 'run' the offense at all, but our team carried him.... funny, I must have mis-heard
    LOL, I said there is no way a QB can come up with a Gameplan. Never once did I say the Noodle doesn't free lance.

Hell, it was one of his biggest issues I dislike about the guy.
    I'd love to have you show me a quote of somebody claiming he gameplans. People say he runs the offense, and you stretch it into them saying he sits down with Chilly and determinse the percentages of plays they want to run, and what situation to do what.

Fact is, he does run the offense. Chilly calls the plays, but he runs it effectively, allows for all plays to be called, instead of limiting the QB, and he can run a hurry up or no-huddle. He can audiable, and take advantage of mismatches he sees.

That's what I call running the offense.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Shocking.

LOL, I said there is no way a QB can come up with a Gameplan. Never once did I say the Noodle doesn't free lance.

I'd love to have you show me a quote of somebody claiming he gameplans. People say he runs the offense, and you stretch it into them saying he sits down with Chilly and determinse the percentages of plays they want to run, and what situation to do what.

Fact is, he does run the offense. Chilly calls the plays, but he runs it effectively, allows for all plays to be called, instead of limiting the QB, and he can run a hurry up or no-huddle. He can audiable, and take advantage of mismatches he sees.

I call it executing the game plan.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Marrdro wrote:
    "I can say it was fine," Jackson said. "When he first came in he pulled me to the side. We were walking to practice one day and he was like, I dont know what youve heard, but if I can help you with anything just let me know. I honestly told him, Well, if I can learn anything it will be more by watching than asking questions. Id [learn] by me seeing you do certain things and how you do it. If I can see it, I can do it. [There was] little stuff with the offense that he helped me with as far as the offense goes but I pretty much know the offense. Its just about going on the field and making it happen.
    Jackson: Relationship with Favre was fine
    Wow... imagine that... a QB to sit and LEARN BEHIND that isn't named Gus Frerrote, Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb or Brad Johnson.

What a groundbreaking thought... (yet, it probably is to many people on these boards)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Prophet wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Shocking.

The best part about never having met marrdro is that I cannot hear his voice reading his posts to me. I can choose any voice I want. Right now I'm using Esmeralda's voice from Bewitched.
    LOL. First a Hobbit, now a Witch. Man I love PPO.

On a side note, I wonder what local MN fare Hobbits and Witches eat? :dry:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    "I can say it was fine," Jackson said. "When he first came in he pulled me to the side. We were walking to practice one day and he was like, I dont know what youve heard, but if I can help you with anything just let me know. I honestly told him, Well, if I can learn anything it will be more by watching than asking questions. Id [learn] by me seeing you do certain things and how you do it. If I can see it, I can do it. [There was] little stuff with the offense that he helped me with as far as the offense goes but I pretty much know the offense. Its just about going on the field and making it happen.
    Wow... imagine that... a QB to sit and LEARN BEHIND that isn't named Gus Frerrote, Brooks Bollinger, Kelly Holcomb or Brad Johnson.

What a groundbreaking thought... (yet, it probably is to many people on these boards)
    I wonder why some of you haven't posted a few of the other little nuggets in there?

I found atleast 3 more that shoot alot of what has been said on here by a few Anti TJ people all to shit.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Shocking.

Potato, potato (Potauto)! It's the same thing using different verbage. The game plan is called, if he uses an audible then he is running the offense. He determines the play at the LOS not the coach. Therefore he is running the O or executing the O same difference.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Shocking.

Potato, potato (Potauto)! It's the same thing using different verbage. The game plan is called, if he uses an audible then he is running the offense. He determines the play at the LOS not the coach. Therefore he is running the O or executing the O same difference.
    But it is the coaches who study the tape to determine the tendancies of teams, which gives the ole Noodle the bankground to recognize and then audible out of a play based on that look.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Sounds a little too cocky to mean. His ass better perform after hearing this crap. I remember there being another comment that he said that pissed me off. I can't find it now. Ask questions you dumb ass.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Sounds a little too cocky to mean. His ass better perform after hearing this crap. I remember there being another comment that he said that pissed me off. I can't find it now. Ask questions you dumb ass.
    I like a bit of tude out of our players. The game is no place for whimps, thats for sure.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast