Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Jackson has 'wanted change' but not now

There's alot of good points in here

I personally like what I saw from Jackson

With a healthy Sid and and Percy coming along.. And new fresh gelling line I think he will be very productive

I hope he plays more consistant

delviking is offline Starter

Caine wrote:
    Formo wrote:
    If we looked at Favre's more recent stats.. we would have concluded that he probably would have thrown for just as many INTs as TDs.. Possibly even more. He's aging, his arm is a big unknown (with surgery and all), and he's a statue. Oh, and he has shown to make really poor decisions. Every stat we would came up with could have shown us that he's basically done for prior to last season.

And what happened? The unthinkable. He came, he saw, he conquered all. Oh, and he ended up throwing a career low in INTs.. a stat that NO ONE had the cajones to predict.

My point? We are trying to base T-Jack's future by the bits of stats of his past. I know it's the trendy thing to do, and I know and agree that he hasn't shown much. But try to have an open mind if he comes in to play for us. It'll help you deal with the success our favorite NFL team will have despite your personal opinions on how you predicted T-Jack would play.

Me personally? Until he's shown he's absolutely NOT our guy (which will be when he's benched/released/etc.) I'm going to cheer my ass off for him just as hard as I cheer for the Pukers to get smoked week in and week out.
    One fatal flaw in your logic: Favre has already proven his ability to perform at a high level consistently. Jackson has not.

Further, you're forced to make one of two conclusions based upon the results of last season. Either;

A: The team around Favre made him look much better.

or

B: Favre kicks ass.

If you go with option A, then you're left to explain why Jackson doesn't look anywhere near as good, with almost the same team.

If you go with option B, you simply have to admit that Jackson has sucked wang these past seasons.

Regardless, in every statistical scenario you can dream up to validate Jackson, the end result is that he simply has NOT - to date - shown that he CAN be the starter...which, by extension, means he cannot be. And, unless there is MAJOR improvement in almost all phases of his game, he will continue to NOT be.

The trouble with the Jackson supporters is you're all trying to sell us on the notion that he MIGHT have improved, or he COULD be better...all of which is wishful thinking. Truth is, we ALL hope he's gotten better...much as we hope every player on the roster has improved to a Pro-Bowl level.

But wishing it to be so doesn't make it so. Jackson had 3 years to show he could get the job done - he failed to do so by every imaginable criteria and was REPLACED by a retired Brett Favre. To expect Jackson to suddenly emerge as an elite QB is a pipe dream.

The truth is, all the Jackson fans will likely get their wish. The fact that we have not made a serious move on a legit QB replacement means that either we're going after McNabb next season, or Jackson will be back. And if we get Jackson, we'll all get to see exactly how "improved" he really is....

Caine

you left out option C.

both are true Farve came in and we finally had a Qb who lasted the entire season, and was practicing with the first team O the entire time instead of split times between jackson and all the other never were and has-beens. Rice was fully healthy and took classes from some of the greatest recievers in the NFL. plus Percy is the type of player you need at slot for the westcoast O we run. Yes the O-line still needs time to Gel and wasnt as effective. also after all with Defenses always targeting peterson instead of Farve he would just change to the pass play and rip it to rice who made some insane graps through out the year, or to harvin who would make three guys miss, or to shank you would just (sarcasm on) club em over the head (sarcasm off).

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

delviking wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Formo wrote:
    If we looked at Favre's more recent stats.. we would have concluded that he probably would have thrown for just as many INTs as TDs.. Possibly even more. He's aging, his arm is a big unknown (with surgery and all), and he's a statue. Oh, and he has shown to make really poor decisions. Every stat we would came up with could have shown us that he's basically done for prior to last season.

And what happened? The unthinkable. He came, he saw, he conquered all. Oh, and he ended up throwing a career low in INTs.. a stat that NO ONE had the cajones to predict.

My point? We are trying to base T-Jack's future by the bits of stats of his past. I know it's the trendy thing to do, and I know and agree that he hasn't shown much. But try to have an open mind if he comes in to play for us. It'll help you deal with the success our favorite NFL team will have despite your personal opinions on how you predicted T-Jack would play.

Me personally? Until he's shown he's absolutely NOT our guy (which will be when he's benched/released/etc.) I'm going to cheer my ass off for him just as hard as I cheer for the Pukers to get smoked week in and week out.
    One fatal flaw in your logic: Favre has already proven his ability to perform at a high level consistently. Jackson has not.

Further, you're forced to make one of two conclusions based upon the results of last season. Either;

or

If you go with option A, then you're left to explain why Jackson doesn't look anywhere near as good, with almost the same team.

If you go with option B, you simply have to admit that Jackson has sucked wang these past seasons.

Regardless, in every statistical scenario you can dream up to validate Jackson, the end result is that he simply has NOT - to date - shown that he CAN be the starter...which, by extension, means he cannot be. And, unless there is MAJOR improvement in almost all phases of his game, he will continue to NOT be.

The trouble with the Jackson supporters is you're all trying to sell us on the notion that he MIGHT have improved, or he COULD be better...all of which is wishful thinking. Truth is, we ALL hope he's gotten better...much as we hope every player on the roster has improved to a Pro-Bowl level.

But wishing it to be so doesn't make it so. Jackson had 3 years to show he could get the job done - he failed to do so by every imaginable criteria and was REPLACED by a retired Brett Favre. To expect Jackson to suddenly emerge as an elite QB is a pipe dream.

The truth is, all the Jackson fans will likely get their wish. The fact that we have not made a serious move on a legit QB replacement means that either we're going after McNabb next season, or Jackson will be back. And if we get Jackson, we'll all get to see exactly how "improved" he really is....

Caine

you left out option C.

both are true Farve came in and we finally had a Qb who lasted the entire season, and was practicing with the first team O the entire time instead of split times between jackson and all the other never were and has-beens. Rice was fully healthy and took classes from some of the greatest recievers in the NFL. plus Percy is the type of player you need at slot for the westcoast O we run. Yes the O-line still needs time to Gel and wasnt as effective. also after all with Defenses always targeting peterson instead of Farve he would just change to the pass play and rip it to rice who made some insane graps through out the year, or to harvin who would make three guys miss, or to shank you would just (sarcasm on) club em over the head (sarcasm off).
    Wait, you mentioned that Favre practiced with the first team all season and thats why he did well right?

Last I checked Favre missed training camp and Jackson was practicing with the first team for a good portion of that time. Yet Favre still somehow managed to come out and play well.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    delviking wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Formo wrote:

or

Caine

you left out option C.

Wait, you mentioned that Favre practiced with the first team all season and thats why he did well right?

Last I checked Favre missed training camp and Jackson was practicing with the first team for a good portion of that time. Yet Favre still somehow managed to come out and play well.
    Aw crap. Knocked that one right out of the park lol.

expackerfan is offline Waterboy

Why do I have to reread the same crap 50 times This tresd is 8 pages and you guy keep reposting the same crap. Be happy you have Favre id take him back in Green Bay in a second. And why is he thr noodle?
    None

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

expackerfan wrote:
    Why do I have to reread the same crap 50 times This tresd is 8 pages and you guy keep reposting the same crap. Be happy you have Favre id take him back in Green Bay in a second. And why is he thr noodle?
    LOL. He is only the noodle to one of our posters. Mr. Marrdro calls him the noodle because he was under the impression he didn't have a good arm anymore based upon his last few games as a Jet.

A lot of us love having Favre but you have to understand for some people it's difficult watching and rooting for a guy that broke our hearts for many years. Sometimes it's hard to forget. I personally always admired Favre even as a Packer for the way he plays the game. I was very happy when the Vikings singed him. But for some, not so much. You can't blame anyone.

By the way, welcome to the site.

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Caine wrote:
    Formo wrote:

or

Caine

A smattering of applause from the bleachers....Caine seems to be in touch with reality as much as a couple of others on here are not :woohoo:

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Interesting. Favre stated all the games. I wonder who said he would not?
    That Marrdro guy was pretty vocal about the Noodle. Hell, he is even on that same bandwagon again, even though the Noodle suprised him last year.

Rumor has it, he has his TJ flag ready and waiting to be hoisted the instant the Noodle goes down.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

soonerbornNbred wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Formo wrote:

or

Caine

A smattering of applause from the bleachers....Caine seems to be in touch with reality as much as a couple of others on here are not :woohoo:
    There are obvious flaws with Caines post though....

Favre has already proven his ability to perform at a high level consistently. Jackson [u]has not
    20 years vs 4 years. I hope to shit the Noodle has proven something after all those years.

We've had this discussion before and he refuses to acknowledge that this team was better than it ever was last year and will be even better (at least on the offense) than it was last year because of:

a. Injuries vs health. WRs were healthy last year that weren't when TJ was under center.
    b. Experience vs inexperience at the WR position. Some yutz says it takes 3 years for a WR to finally get it. Last year was El Syds breakout year, not because of the Noodle alone but talent as well. Some of El Syds catches were just flat out fantastic, especially the ones that weren't catchable. Shanc, even though he looked good with Gus and TJ, he really started to shine last year, making some fantastic catches of balls that were not well thrown.
    c. Harvin vs B-wade. PH was a bright light that shined last year as a rook. Can you imagine how much better he will be this year? WOW....
    d. Birk vs Sully. We didn't see a turnstyle in there this year at Center with a drastic decrease in sacks coming from delayed blitzes up the middle.
    e. PL vs Cook. Is PL a HOF'r yet? No, but he sure did alot better on his first year than any RT on this team for several years. Truth of the matter is, I am almost convinced he will move to LT after this season and we will see a new RT fill that void.

Like it or not, the Noodle had better WR's, a better OL and his experience allowed Bevell to be a bit more creative in play calling.

Again, one would EXPECT that out of a 20 year vet, but only hope that one would see flashes of that out of a 4 year vet.

Really, 2/3 years considering the timeframe that most use to critique young TJ on .....

One thing that my good friend Caine continues to ignore when it comes to the QB carried a team vs a team that can carry a QB discussion......

Why in the hell did the Noodle have his best year ever? Maybe, just maybe this team was a heck of alot better last year and IS capable of carrying a QB, even one that has been in the league for 20 years.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

expackerfan wrote:
    Being the nice guy that I am, I extend a hearty welcome to our little Vikings world.

By the way, EJmat got it almost correct............

Mr. Marrdro calls him the noodle because he was under the impression he didn't have a good arm anymore based upon his last few games as a Jet.
    A great analyst "Brian Baldinger" showed a bunch of clips on the Noodles throws starting in 2006 all the way through his little episode with the Jets.

In those clips he showed a change in the Noodles delivery and ball location for long throws.

My opinion last year and this year is centered around those clips, not just the last few games of the Jets fiasco....

A lot of us love having Favre but you have to understand for some people it's difficult watching and rooting for a guy that broke our hearts for many years. Sometimes it's hard to forget. I personally always admired Favre even as a Packer for the way he plays the game. I was very happy when the Vikings singed him. But for some, not so much. You can't blame anyone.
    I have also enjoyed (as a fan of the game) watching the Noodle do is thing and chalk him up as one of the greats to ever play that position and am glad I got to watch his career over the years....

Problem is, I'm a Viking fan, and most of those games were against my team. Just to many of them to make me forget that he was (and in my heart he will always be) the enemy.

Again, football fan (Love the cat) - Viking fan (Can't stand the guy, never have, never will).

On a side note, just gotta ask one question......Why did you pick "Expackerfan" as your screen name? Could it be you are really a Lord Noodle Arm Dickhead (LNAD) fan rather than a PUKER (I use that one for Packers by the way) fan?

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast