Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Jackson has 'wanted change' but not now

Marrdro's comments follow:
    I missed the first part of it, but caught the tail end as well as some of the comments by the announcers afterward.

I have said it before, and will probably say it again, I still say that TJ has shown nothing but profesionalism throughout his short career when it comes to things like this.

I for one, can't wait to see him on the field this year, showing us that he has infact, improved over the offseason, just as he has every year especially, the "Little Things".....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re:Jackson has 'wanted change' but not now

Marrdro wrote:
    I missed the first part of it, but caught the tail end as well as some of the comments by the announcers afterward.

I have said it before, and will probably say it again, I still say that TJ has shown nothing but profesionalism throughout his short career when it comes to things like this.

I for one, can't wait to see him on the field this year, showing us that he has infact, improved over the offseason, just as he has every year especially, the "Little Things".....
    Marrdro, you're not fooling any of us. You don't give crap about seeing TJ on the field THIS YEAR. You just want Favre OFF the field.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

gagarr wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Marrdro, you're not fooling any of us. You don't give crap about seeing TJ on the field THIS YEAR. You just want Favre OFF the field.
    LOL, I'm not quite that complex my friend. If the Noodle shows up, he shows up. I will just focus on the OL play.

If TJ, on the other hand, is the QB, I will be watching him like a hawk.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

..."One thing I learned from Brett is just be yourself regardless of the situation and the circumstances," he said. "Just go out and be yourself today, every day and they [can] take it or leave it. Thatís what Iím going to do and thatís how Iím approaching it. Just trying to get better every day like I always did, working hard. Thatís all I can do and thatís how Iím going to take it.Ē

Jackson was candid in admitting that possibly being the starter isn't the same as knowing you are the team's choice: "Itís different when you know youíre the guy or when you kind of think youíll be a backup. You can say youíre going to work as hard, but itís a lot different when you know youíre going to be the guy and youíve got those guys depending on you."

Jackson, who is 10-10 as a starter...
    Jackson has had a good attitude based on what I've read about him, that's a good thing. Still doesn't change that this is his 5th year and the next time he takes the reigns the typical NFL pressure will be on him and the pressure of proving that he can handle the job.

He obviously got some advice from Favre, but, the second paragraph is disturbing. Does he have the competitive drive? He has been gifted the starting spot during his tenure with the Vikings at the end of '06, in '07, and in '08 and admits in his own words, "Itís different when you know youíre the guy or when you kind of think youíll be a backup. You can say youíre going to work as hard, but itís a lot different when you know youíre going to be the guy and youíve got those guys depending on you."

It doesn't matter. If you are the starter you give it your all and if you are the backup you give it your all because you could come in on a moment's notice if there is an injury and you should be trying to win the starting role. You don't give less effort because the starting role wasn't gifted to you, you fight harder and EARN the position. That direct quote right there gives me even less confidence in him ever becoming a bonified starter. Fight.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    ..."One thing I learned from Brett is just be yourself regardless of the situation and the circumstances," he said. "Just go out and be yourself today, every day and they [can] take it or leave it. Thatís what Iím going to do and thatís how Iím approaching it. Just trying to get better every day like I always did, working hard. Thatís all I can do and thatís how Iím going to take it.Ē

Jackson was candid in admitting that possibly being the starter isn't the same as knowing you are the team's choice: "Itís different when you know youíre the guy or when you kind of think youíll be a backup. You can say youíre going to work as hard, but itís a lot different when you know youíre going to be the guy and youíve got those guys depending on you."

Jackson has had a good attitude based on what I've read about him, that's a good thing. Still doesn't change that this is his 5th year and the next time he takes the reigns the typical NFL pressure will be on him and the pressure of proving that he can handle the job.

He obviously got some advice from Favre, but, the second paragraph is disturbing. Does he have the competitive drive? He has been gifted the starting spot during his tenure with the Vikings at the end of '06, in '07, and in '08 and admits in his own words, "Itís different when you know youíre the guy or when you kind of think youíll be a backup. You can say youíre going to work as hard, but itís a lot different when you know youíre going to be the guy and youíve got those guys depending on you."

It doesn't matter. If you are the starter you give it your all and if you are the backup you give it your all because you could come in on a moment's notice if there is an injury and you should be trying to win the starting role. You don't give less effort because the starting role wasn't gifted to you, you fight harder and EARN the position. That direct quote right there gives me even less confidence in him ever becoming a bonified starter. Fight.
    Wasn't there a quote along those lines last year were he said something about working hard, that got everyone all in a tizzy.

Then some of the other players basically said "No one works harder than TJ"?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Prophet wrote:

Disturbing and telling, I agree.
    ďWhat takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Itís the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"I can say it was fine," Jackson said. "When he first came in he pulled me to the side. We were walking to practice one day and he was like, ĎI donít know what youíve heard, but if I can help you with anything just let me know.í I honestly told him, ĎWell, if I can learn anything it will be more by watching than asking questions. Iíd [learn] by me seeing you do certain things and how you do it. If I can see it, I can do it.í [There was] little stuff with the offense that he helped me with as far as the offense goes but I pretty much know the offense. Itís just about going on the field and making it happen.
    Jackson: Relationship with Favre was fine

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    "I can say it was fine," Jackson said. "When he first came in he pulled me to the side. We were walking to practice one day and he was like, ĎI donít know what youíve heard, but if I can help you with anything just let me know.í I honestly told him, ĎWell, if I can learn anything it will be more by watching than asking questions. Iíd [learn] by me seeing you do certain things and how you do it. If I can see it, I can do it.í [There was] little stuff with the offense that he helped me with as far as the offense goes but I pretty much know the offense. Itís just about going on the field and making it happen.
    Jackson: Relationship with Favre was fine
    Um, yeah, just what any fan or coach or comatose person has been saying about your development Tarvaris. Can't say that I'm impressed that he knows the playbook after four years of getting paid millions to learn it. Execute it. Be a leader. tick, tick, tick, tick, tick...
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Even the things that we really didn't have in the offense, things that he kind of got guys to feed into and kind of keep the chains moving a lot," Jackson said, referencing Favre's ability to operate on the fly. "Just little things that he did that kept our offense going. As much as Iíve learned from him, a lot of stuff he did because heís Brett Favre.
    Shocking.

I could have sworn that Marrdro guy was telling me that Favre didn't 'run' the offense at all, but our team carried him.... funny, I must have mis-heard

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    "Even the things that we really didn't have in the offense, things that he kind of got guys to feed into and kind of keep the chains moving a lot," Jackson said, referencing Favre's ability to operate on the fly. "Just little things that he did that kept our offense going. As much as Iíve learned from him, a lot of stuff he did because heís Brett Favre.
    Shocking.

I could have sworn that Marrdro guy was telling me that Favre didn't 'run' the offense at all, but our team carried him.... funny, I must have mis-heard
    LOL, I said there is no way a QB can come up with a Gameplan. Never once did I say the Noodle doesn't free lance.

Hell, it was one of his biggest issues I dislike about the guy.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast