Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Jackson gets chance to show he's No. 1

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "futgalee" wrote:
    It would be nice if T. Jackson can start this year and run this team.
    There are so many positives this year compared to last year.

Healthy knee

Good O-line that will only get better in there second year together

C.
    Taylor and A.
    Peterson ( enough said ! )

A group of receivers that just might surprise some people.

Strong defence

Im going to take exception to number 4. The vikings do not have anyone that would make a decent number 2 reciever, who in the hell is going to be there number one? If people are optimistic about the vikings recievers I think there is a good chance they will be suprised, everyone else knows what to expect and will probably get exactly that.
    My friend, there is no real #1 or #2 WR in a true WCO.
    Tell that to T.O.
    Or Jerry Rice

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Del" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    That really depends are we talking #1 as in number 1 target or are you talking slots.

usually #1 refers to the position, the route and the saftey coverage.

Some WCO do have a #1 but by design they do not require one to excel.
    Target.

If the WCO is effective then everyone is the number one target wether it be a TE, RB or WR, thus making it so hard to defend.

The defenses inability to key on one target often results in them being reactionary resulting in significant YAC.

I'm sure you know that Del
    ;D

Saw a pic of you with it strapped on in an old thread.....
    Scary
    ;D
    I think when people on here say #1 there are two camps. People who are refering to a #1 target, and people who are refering to the scheme, the routes, the coverage.

If that is the case then obviously it will lead to some serious misunderstandings.
    yeah i'm talking about somebody that will consistently get open for 4-8 catches a game. Someone that can catch 8-12tds. Someone that will get close to a thousand yards.
    If all that is too confusing then the person that Deangelo Hall will be covering in week 1. Maybe that is there plan, take Hall out of the game by not having a reciever worthy of his coverage, brilliant. ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    That really depends are we talking #1 as in number 1 target or are you talking slots.

Target.

If the WCO is effective then everyone is the number one target wether it be a TE, RB or WR, thus making it so hard to defend.

The defenses inability to key on one target often results in them being reactionary resulting in significant YAC.

;D

Scary
    ;D
    I think when people on here say #1 there are two camps. People who are refering to a #1 target, and people who are refering to the scheme, the routes, the coverage.

If that is the case then obviously it will lead to some serious misunderstandings.
    yeah i'm talking about somebody that will consistently get open for 4-8 catches a game. Someone that can catch 8-12tds. Someone that will get close to a thousand yards.
    If all that is too confusing then the person that Deangelo Hall will be covering in week 1. Maybe that is there plan, take Hall out of the game by not having a reciever worthy of his coverage, brilliant. ;D
    Ahhh my point is still lost.

If it works out the way it is supposed in the WCO, Deangelo won't be able to single one guy out and focus on him.
    Thereby negating one of thier defensive strengths and yes, in fact, taking him out of the game or in my words, rendering him pretty much useless as a shut down corner.

Guys like Hall (i.e a shut down corner) don't match up against a offense that have multiple threats from mulitple positions, to include a solid running game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Target.

;D

Saw a pic of you with a strap on in an old thread.....
    Scary

;D
    Yikes! What thread were you looking in?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Target.

;D

Scary
    ;D

If it works out the way it is supposed in the WCO, Deangelo won't be able to single one guy out and focus on him.
    Thereby negating one of thier defensive strengths and yes, in fact, taking him out of the game or in my words, rendering him pretty much useless as a shut down corner.

Guys like Hall (i.e a shut down corner) don't match up against a offense that have multiple threats from mulitple positions, to include a solid running game.
    I like the idea of multiple threats but the vikings have no threats at all. It doesn't matter what offense you run you need players that can get open and catch the ball.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Del Rio link=topic=34439.msg583451#msg583451 date=1179848812]

Target.

;D

Scary
    ;D

I like the idea of multiple threats but the vikings have no threats at all. It doesn't matter what offense you run you need players that can get open and catch the ball.
    [/quote]

No threats at all? Do you mean just a single player? Because we were first in rush defense last year, we could have the best 1-2 combo in the nfl if things turn out right. And if Tjack is what we hope he is and our new WR team is good then we will have a badass team this year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

IF TJack can figure out how to run the WCO effectively, we should have multiple threats...provided that they all figure out how to get open and catch the ball once it is thrown to them!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    IF TJack can figure out how to run the WCO effectively, we should have multiple threats...provided that they all figure out how to get open and catch the ball once it is thrown to them!
    im excited to see Rice, he has amazing hands and i really
    hope there is some good chemistry between him and TJack

Thanks josdin00

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=34439.msg583457#msg583457 date=1179849506]
    [quote author=Del Rio link=topic=34439.msg583451#msg583451 date=1179848812]

Target.

;D

Scary
    ;D

[/quote]

No threats at all? Do you mean just a single player? Because we were first in rush defense last year, we could have the best 1-2 combo in the nfl if things turn out right. And if Tjack is what we hope he is and our new WR team is good then we will have a badass team this year.
    [/quote]
    I was only talking about the WR's.
    There are far too many if's in that statement to have any real meaning.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Compound if's are never promising. :'(

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast