cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Jackson gets chance to show he's No. 1

[size=13pt]Jackson gets chance to show he's No. 1[/size]

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Jackson gets chance to show he's No. 1

[size=13pt]Sid Hartman: Childress confident of Jackson's talent[/size]

The second-year quarterback has been working hard to develop his skills and leadership ability, which is why the team passed on Matt Schaub.

By Sid Hartman, Star Tribune

Last update: May 20, 2007 – 10:34 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

well, lets hope the kid can develop as they say he can.

he's got the talent, he's got the physical tools.

now if they can shape his thinkin to what's needed.. he should be
    a great anchor for a dynamic O.. I still think he'll need this year to work
    out the kinks he's gonna have.

look for him to shine next year and many to come!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I'm with ya Digital.

I can honestly say I think this is the most excited I have been for a season to start in a long time.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I'm with ya Digital.

I can honestly say I think this is the most excited I have been for a season to start in a long time.

;D
    This article made my nipples hard.......that's how excited I am.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I'm with ya Digital.

;D
    This article made my nipples hard.......that's how excited I am.
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

The second-year quarterback has been working hard to develop his skills and leadership ability, which is why the team passed on Matt Schaub.

Go TJack, will be fun to watch the battles in camp.
    I like Tarvaris' attitude.

"[Jackson] is as experienced as a guy like Matt Schaub, who's had two starts," Childress said. "It seems like the fashionable thing to talk about him and where he was drafted. So, I like [Jackson] every bit as well as that guy, and the experience comes. You can't put a premium on experience. But what [Jackson's] doing is attempting with his work and his film study and his on-the-field with our guys is to eliminate all those [flaws] that he can eliminate -- all those unknowns that he can eliminate."[Jackson's] done a great job of leading this offseason program, and certainly that doesn't take anything away from [backup quarterbacks] Brooks Bollinger or Drew Henson, who have been there," said Childress. "But all those receivers have been there day in and day out. Every one of those tight ends, the running backs, and so you have to have somebody that's kind of the straw that stirs the drink. You have to have somebody that's there getting those guys out in those groups, and Tarvaris has been there front and center all the way along -- and I just believe it's going to pay dividends as we go forward.

"Yeah, they'll all be in competition, and I'm not opposed to keeping two quarterbacks on the active roster. ... So, we'll just see how that thing shakes out. I like what I've seen from [seventh-round draft pick] Tyler Thigpen so far, though."
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Go TJack, will be fun to watch the battles in camp.
    I like Tarvaris' attitude.

"[Jackson] is as experienced as a guy like Matt Schaub, who's had two starts," Childress said. "It seems like the fashionable thing to talk about him and where he was drafted. So, I like [Jackson] every bit as well as that guy, and the experience comes. You can't put a premium on experience. But what [Jackson's] doing is attempting with his work and his film study and his on-the-field with our guys is to eliminate all those [flaws] that he can eliminate -- all those unknowns that he can eliminate."[Jackson's] done a great job of leading this offseason program, and certainly that doesn't take anything away from [backup quarterbacks] Brooks Bollinger or Drew Henson, who have been there," said Childress. "But all those receivers have been there day in and day out. Every one of those tight ends, the running backs, and so you have to have somebody that's kind of the straw that stirs the drink. You have to have somebody that's there getting those guys out in those groups, and Tarvaris has been there front and center all the way along -- and I just believe it's going to pay dividends as we go forward.

"Yeah, they'll all be in competition, and I'm not opposed to keeping two quarterbacks on the active roster. ... So, we'll just see how that thing shakes out. I like what I've seen from [seventh-round draft pick] Tyler Thigpen so far, though."
    Someone lock this thread.
    It is just to much for me.........

Getting so excited gonna have to go home and chase Wildwoman around the house or something.
    ;D

Seriously though.
    This is great stuff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

Because he is ranked as the Vikings starter, Jackson had been invited to compete in the NFL Quarterback Challenge to be held in the Cayman Islands. This was going to be a big moment for Jackson to be in the company of all of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL. But there was a snag with his passport and he will have to wait for another time.
    Why do I feel like the 'snag' was intentionally created?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I'm with ya Digital.

;D
    First let me say I can't wait to start watching vikings football again. Ok with that said I am probably the least excited I have ever been for a vikings season. Last year I honestly thought the vikings had a chance to make the playoffs and even get deep into them. This year without a proven quarterback or any proven recievers I just don't think the vikings are even thinking about playoffs or a championship. This is the first time in a long time where I felt like the whole season was a rebuilding for next season. If a lot of things go the vikings way they could be pretty good, but I doubt it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast