Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Jackson confident in his abilities

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099884
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099878
    Probably a good thing because you wouldn't want to be proven wrong by your own fingers.:woohoo:
    Its not about right or wrong. Its about keeping a discussion going.
    Don't think I am not on to your game and yes, it is better than the 3.5 posts we get a weekend when you are not on the board.

delviking is offline Starter

well T-jack is better than anything the cardinals have or really the dolphins or even Carolina unless your a Newton fan.

not great but could land a starter role for a year.

SpaceMTN69 is offline Waterboy

The point of my last post was just pointing out that he is inaccurate. As much of our fellow Viking homers have pointed out, there is more to the story than the stat you instituted. I take us back to example 1: Jackson's (1) and only playoff start. Overthrowing wide open recievers who are no more than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. Barely, if ever moving the offense down the field. Looking like a frosh HS QB entered into the biggest game of his life. He was, and will forever be horrific.
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099894
    Probably a good thing because you wouldn't want to be proven wrong by your own fingers.:woohoo:
    Don't think I am not on to your game and yes, it is better than the 3.5 posts we get a weekend when you are not on the board.
    For the most part, you have to admit, I don't get to far off as I try to keep something going.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099917
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099894
    For the most part, you have to admit, I don't get to far off as I try to keep something going.
    Lol. ( PF ponders whether to amuse his good friend Marr and agree with him or attempt to add a little life to an anemic forum by refuting the statement)....................

“Seahawks have done due diligence on Jackson. Heard from people with other teams that would like to work with him, too — but as a backup.”

As a communications major it’s kind of my duty to decipher what something means and there’s more then meets the eye here. The last part is paused and separated from the rest of the passage, “but as a backup”. That last part of the message is implying that other teams are viewing him as a backup and that them viewing him as a backup is a different view then the Seahawks have of him.
    Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson a Good Fit for the Seahawks?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer first began discussing Jackson's name last month. It makes sense considering Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell held the same role with the Vikings during Jackson's entire tenure. Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com, meanwhile, reported the Seahawks have done their "due diligence" on Jackson.

No current NFL coach has more background with Jackson than Bevell.

.......snip......

What about Seahawks general manager John Schneider?

Remember, Schneider was a member of the Green Bay Packers' front office during Jackson's first four seasons in Minnesota. One of Schneider's jobs was to evaluate Packers opponents. I have not asked Schneider his thoughts on Jackson, and discussing free agency on any level during the lockout is strictly forbidden. But if you were an NFC North evaluator and studied Jackson's game film with the Vikings, would you be eager to sign him as a free agent?
    Are we sure on Tarvaris Jackson to Seattle?

Blog Entries

Interesting nuggets there Marty. One dealing with Bevell who basically had his career derailed by Jackson and one on a GM who was formerly with the Packers and knows how easy Jackson was to scout and defend.

If he goes there Jackson will have the chance to wreck one career from a guy who should know better and wreck another career for the second time. Come to think of it I hope this move happens just for the entertainment value.

That being said I have him going to the Bengals.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099926
    Interesting nuggets there Marty. One dealing with Bevell who basically had his career derailed by Jackson and one on a GM who was formerly with the Packers and knows how easy Jackson was to scout and defend.

If he goes there Jackson will have the chance to wreck one career from a guy who should know better and wreck another career for the second time. Come to think of it I hope this move happens just for the entertainment value.

SLAM!!!!!!

Summed that one up nicely, PF.

Caine

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099926

Purp, I would have fully expected to hear you say you expect TJ to go to the Virginia Marauders.:laugh:

By the way, love the personal pic. Too small for my old eyes to get a full view of though.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast