Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Jackson confident in his abilities

Jackson confident in his abilities as he moves beyond Vikings

"It's probably time for a change," Jackson told The Star Tribune on Tuesday. "I'm grateful for the opportunity to play up here the last five years. ... (But) I'm not trying to be a backup. I'm trying to go somewhere where I have a chance, and I don't feel like I'd get that chance here. It's time to move on. No hard feelings or anything. It's a business."
    A little book for you TJ
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

SpaceMTN69 is offline Waterboy

Re: Jackson confident in his abilities

If and that is a huge if, someone takes a flyer on this guy with the idea that he will be their football team's starter I would have to chuckle for a bit. I dont hate any player really, especially if they played for the Purple, but lets keep this guy in perspective. One of the most inaccurate QB's I've seen. This guy benefitted from having the best running back and at times best running game in the league to fall back on and never did he pan out. I dont want to hear about Childress tying this guy's hands together either. Gus Frerotte, led this Vikings team to equal success and at times was much more effective than Jackson with the same team.

With that being said, I believe he can be a proper backup. But only that folks.
    None

Macken is offline Waterboy

does he end up in seattle where he will be the starter with no doubt?
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "SpaceMTN69" #1099799
    If and that is a huge if, someone takes a flyer on this guy with the idea that he will be their football team's starter I would have to chuckle for a bit. I dont hate any player really, especially if they played for the Purple, but lets keep this guy in perspective. One of the most inaccurate QB's I've seen. This guy benefitted from having the best running back and at times best running game in the league to fall back on and never did he pan out. I dont want to hear about Childress tying this guy's hands together either. Gus Frerotte, led this Vikings team to equal success and at times was much more effective than Jackson with the same team.

Just saying.....

TJ
    Pct Rating
    58.6 63.9
    66.7 113.4
    59.1 95.4
    58.2 70.8
    58.0 62.5

Eli
    62.9 85.3
    62.3 93.1
    60.3 86.4
    56.1 73.9

Sanchez
    54.8 81.1
    53.8 84.2

Ryan
    62.5 91.0
    58.3 80.9
    61.1 87.7

My guess, you don't watch to many QB's play if he's the most inaccurate QB you've seen. I gave you numbers for kids considered pretty good. You should see some of the others out there.

Just saying.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099808

Just saying.....

TJ
    Pct Rating
    58.6 63.9
    66.7 113.4
    59.1 95.4
    58.2 70.8
    58.0 62.5

Eli
    62.9 85.3
    62.3 93.1
    60.3 86.4
    56.1 73.9

Sanchez
    54.8 81.1
    53.8 84.2

Ryan
    62.5 91.0
    58.3 80.9
    61.1 87.7

My guess, you don't watch to many QB's play if he's the most inaccurate QB you've seen. I gave you numbers for kids considered pretty good. You should see some of the others out there.

Just saying.
    I challenge you to find anyone who has called any of those players other than Ryan accurate who isn't a completely oblivious dink.

Sanchez hits WIDE open receivers for touchdowns, and last season, when they tightened up, we saw what he was made of.

Eli is possibly the most overrated player in the game today.

Ryan is pretty good though. I think his strength is decision making and physical ability, not just accuracy.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Just saying.....

TJ
    Pct Rating
    58.6 63.9
    66.7 113.4
    59.1 95.4
    58.2 70.8
    58.0 62.5

Eli
    62.9 85.3
    62.3 93.1
    60.3 86.4
    56.1 73.9

Sanchez
    54.8 81.1
    53.8 84.2

Ryan
    62.5 91.0
    58.3 80.9
    61.1 87.7

Just saying.
    Add in the stats that show how many attempts and completions they all had, what their 3rd down passing efficiency was, how many times they landed on IR and just for fun pictures of which one of that group looks like a deer in the headlights when he is on the field lol.

Blog Entries

Just saying.....

TJ
    Pct Rating
    58.6 63.9
    66.7 113.4
    59.1 95.4
    58.2 70.8
    58.0 62.5

Eli
    62.9 85.3
    62.3 93.1
    60.3 86.4
    56.1 73.9

Sanchez
    54.8 81.1
    53.8 84.2

Ryan
    62.5 91.0
    58.3 80.9
    61.1 87.7

Just saying.
    afraid stats don't tell the whole story. The one thing the guys listed do is instill confidence in both the team and the fans. I can guarantee that when the noodle was off the field last year and TJ walked onto the field in his place the fanbase shuddered and thought " f**k it we're in trouble "

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1099811
    Add in the stats that show how many attempts and completions they all had, what their 3rd down passing efficiency was, how many times they landed on IR and just for fun pictures of which one of that group looks like a deer in the headlights when he is on the field lol.
    lol. They just don't have a stat for that do they?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Just saying.....

TJ
    Pct Rating
    58.6 63.9
    66.7 113.4
    59.1 95.4
    58.2 70.8
    58.0 62.5

Eli
    62.9 85.3
    62.3 93.1
    60.3 86.4
    56.1 73.9

Sanchez
    54.8 81.1
    53.8 84.2

Ryan
    62.5 91.0
    58.3 80.9
    61.1 87.7

Just saying.
    Add in how many of those completions were dink-n-dunk dump offs, or quick button hook (come back) routes. The Vikes started running a lot of routes like that in '07 and '08...we cut down on them again in '09 and '10.

...wonder why?

Caine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1099815
    lol. They just have a stat for that do they?
    ROFL.... and it's known as the Bambi ratio

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast