Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Leaving Fate in Jackson’s Hands

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Last year was the best thing that could have happened for TJack (since the Brad Johnson plan blew up a year early).
    Because TJack was thrown to the wolves last year (and didn't let it destroy his confidence), this year us Vikings fans can expect to see a much-improved TJack on the field.
    All of the naysayers will be shocked when he matures into the NFL QB that Childress saw all along.
    Just the confidence that many have seen him exhibit in OTAs this year shows that he is much more comfortable in his role as the starter and that will translate into better performances on his part (as well as better overall play by the offense in general), ultimately manifesting itself in an increased win total.
    I can't wait to see all of his detractors eating a big old pile of crow (and I'll even volunteer to send them some hot sauce to put on it).
    Caj brings up a great point. The guy is determined to prove everyone wrong. He knows he can be a great QB and I sense a lot of pride in him.

It is time for Jackson to live up to those expectations. The Vikings have built a team around him that is capable of making a deep playoff run. Now it’s Jackson’s turn to prove his doubters wrong and give the Vikings the push they need to break through as a powerhouse in the NFC

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Put Jeff Garcia on this team in 2007 and we would have made a Super Bowl run.

And I don't care what anyone says...

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:

2007, playoffs yes, SB no,
    And i guarentee u, we will see more outta Tjack in the future than butt pirate....hmmm i wonder why, maybe cuz tjack is 13 yrs youngers than garcia. You will be happy to know in 3 yrs that we didnt get him, and stayed with tjack

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

And i guarentee u, we will see more outta Tjack in the future than butt pirate....hmmm i wonder why, maybe cuz tjack is 13 yrs youngers than garcia. You will be happy to know in 3 yrs that we didnt get him, and stayed with tjack
    butt pirate?
    NO way would the Vikes ever have acquired Tom Brady..LOL
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

I don't think StillPurple would.
    Knowing how he feels about T-Jack, anything short of a Super Bowl win will not deter his anti-T-Jack venom.
    But, hey, in his defense he has that right.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

You know, I really struggled with my support of TJ to begin with.

I wanted Cutler and then when they didn't move up to get him I wanted Clemens.
    When that looked like it was gonna happen and then didn't I was very upset at the selection the staff made when they took TJ.

I really felt like the staff was setting the team back by taking a young raw kid (even though he had loads of talent) even to sit on the bench and learn at that point.
    I just didn't see much life left in BJ and thought the kid would never be ready in time.

Then when the staff let BJ go (or BJ said he didn't want to stay) I was really down on the whole QB issue/situation and thought the Chiller and the rest of the organization had lost thier mind.
    Even though a few QB's have suceeded, I just didn't think it was wise to throw him to the wolves and let him learn on the field.
    Probably for two primary reasons...

We were gonna lose most of the time.
    He would/could be emotionally messed up from that kindof pressure.

Low and behold, he started to win games and seemed to deal with the pressure pretty well.
    Because he has done nothing but work pretty damn hard to get himself NFL ready and I don't see any negative impact from his reps he got under center/learning on the field I am now a huge fan of the kid.

What does that all mean in the grand scheme of things?
    I am not sure, but I am pretty confident that he will be a better QB than he was last year (he was way better last year than I thought he was gonna be even though he had some pretty low moments) and the team around him is better.

I am pretty sure he will have some really good games this year but I also believe he will have a couple that will cause us to cry in our beers this year as well.

Long story short, highs and lows again this year but I really think we have the guy under center that will give us more highs than lows.

Heres to a great year TJ and the rest of the 52 men that will don the Vikings uniform this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

We won't know for sure until we know for sure what will happen. It would be boring if we did.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

A side not from this article which i found amazing

From the “Fall From Grace Department” comes this: Mike Vanderjagt sits atop the all-time list of field goal percentage. But, after washing out with Dallas in 2006, his career has spiraled to the point that no team took a chance on him at all in 2007 or during the free agency period this year. The former Colts and Cowboys kicker signed a deal with the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL Friday.
    Talking about a free fall in your carreer... But then again, chocker
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    all within his hands... at least they arent tiny hands like culpepper
    For all the grief that we give Pep for his tiny hands, he actually has a 9.5 inch handspan...average for an NFL QB..and above average for this year's QB draft class.
    Surprising, I know...but them's the facts.
    Yet MHJDB (midget hands john david booty) measured 8.5 inches.
    How he would hold onto the slick jiggly butt NFL footballs in Nov, Dec, Jan in climates of Chicago and Greenbay, I have no idea.
    He didn't exactly play in any harsh conditions at USC or those fortifying Rose Bowl victories.
    :-[

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    You know, I really struggled with my support of TJ to begin with.

I wanted Cutler and then when they didn't move up to get him I wanted Clemens.
    When that looked like it was gonna happen and then didn't I was very upset at the selection the staff made when they took TJ.

I really felt like the staff was setting the team back by taking a young raw kid (even though he had loads of talent) even to sit on the bench and learn at that point.
    I just didn't see much life left in BJ and thought the kid would never be ready in time.

Then when the staff let BJ go (or BJ said he didn't want to stay) I was really down on the whole QB issue/situation and thought the Chiller and the rest of the organization had lost thier mind.
    Even though a few QB's have suceeded, I just didn't think it was wise to throw him to the wolves and let him learn on the field.
    Probably for two primary reasons...

We were gonna lose most of the time.

He would/could be emotionally messed up from that kindof pressure.

Low and behold, he started to win games and seemed to deal with the pressure pretty well.
    Because he has done nothing but work pretty gol 'darnit hard to get himself NFL ready and I don't see any negative impact from his reps he got under center/learning on the field I am now a huge fan of the kid.

What does that all mean in the grand scheme of things?
    I am not sure, but I am pretty confident that he will be a better QB than he was last year (he was way better last year than I thought he was gonna be even though he had some pretty low moments) and the team around him is better.

I am pretty sure he will have some really good games this year but I also believe he will have a couple that will cause us to cry in our beers this year as well.

Long story short, highs and lows again this year but I really think we have the guy under center that will give us more highs than lows.

Heres to a great year TJ and the rest of the 52 men that will don the Vikings uniform this year.

Great post, my friend!
    :P 8)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast