Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jackson #2

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Jackson #2

i'll be the first person to say T.j should be the # 2!

but i wo'nt say that M.mc should instantly be benched.. he had the 3rd string offense.. i'd like to see a comparison of the 2 with the 1st and 2nd's then you will really get a solid understanding of what they can do.

Osuckalot came in but did he even attempt a pass? i think we just ran at that point.

i got scared in the first qrt. then the D came up and the O showed itself.

great running from C.t and some good work from the O!!
    can't wait for the season!! ohh btw.. Sharpers got his first pic of the year!!

I stayed up till 6 am to watch the game.. and streamin tv only had it on audio!!!
    wth the rest of the games on vid!! !#$%#!%!
    DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"digital420" wrote:
    i'll be the first person to say T.j should be the # 2!

but i wo'nt say that M.mc should instantly be benched.. he had the 3rd string offense.. i'd like to see a comparison of the 2 with the 1st and 2nd's then you will really get a solid understanding of what they can do.

Osuckalot came in but did he even attempt a pass? i think we just ran at that point.

i got scared in the first qrt. then the D came up and the O showed itself.

great running from C.t and some good work from the O!!
    can't wait for the season!! ohh btw.. Sharpers got his first pic of the year!!

I stayed up till 6 am to watch the game.. and streamin tv only had it on audio!!!
    wth the rest of the games on vid!! !#$%#!%!
    DiGiTaL
    I've seen what McMahon can do after living in Detroit and he had the first team Eagles playing with him last year . . . I doubt he can be anything better . . . regardless of who he is playing with.
    He's too streaky and way too inconsistent.
    Definately not starting or back-up material.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

McMahon did have his shot with the #2 offense in the first preseason game, and he still played badly. It does not matter who your are playing with or against if your stat line reads like McMahon's did. 1-7 with 1 int is abominable.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Yeah, T.J. is making his case for the #2 spot. I read (Star Tribune) where McMahon make a comment about how he wasn't "feeling comfortable out there", or something to that affect. There are 2 more games left, McMahon has to prove himself or else....., but TJ is looking solid at the #2 spot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

McMahon is a bust. You can't polish a turd.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Jackson makes strong bid for No. 2 QB spot
    Sun, 20 Aug 2006 08:15:22 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings rookie QB Tarvaris Jackson made a strong bid to be the team's No. 2 quarterback Saturday, Aug. 19. Jackson got off to a quiet start in his team's 17-10 preseason victory over Pittsburgh, but the final numbers were impressive: 9-of-11 passing for 80 yards and a touchdown and a passer rating of 127.3. Compare that to the final stat line for QB Mike McMahon, who came on with 6:07 to play in the third period and went 1 for 7 for 42 yards, an interception and a passer rating of 12.5. Is Jackson officially pulling away from McMahon in the No. 2 quarterback race? "I wouldn't say put some distance, but his play speaks for itself," head coach Brad Childress said. "He's played very well the last couple of weeks." As for McMahon, Childress said: "I don't think you necessarily take the numbers for what they were. However, you have to (protect) the football. You'd rather throw it up in the stands than throw it to them."

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

i was really pulling for mcmahon to be the number two.. but thats until i saw t-jack's playing. i didnt see him play in pitts, but i really really liked what i saw on mnf..

go t-jack
    i m better than you, so just give up...

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

No doubt this guy ( T. Jackson ) is #1 in Talent and at least #2 on the depth chart.....Mike McMahon is god awful, and he was quoted in the paper that he didn;t feel comfortable out there with the offense, as if this offense was brand new to him......Unreal; would not shock me if he gets cut if there is a veteran available after the final cuts this preseason......

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

I wouldnt mind cutting both mcmahon and o'sucksalot and picking up another qb

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

makes me glad that this guy is most likely the future of our franchise =), hopefully he continues his strong play throughout the preseason and stays healthy incase anything (god forbid) happens to johnson!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast