Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: JA - Spokesman for the team?

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I would say, officially... no.
    He's not.
    However, if they had a guy they want talking to the press on the team, it would probably be Allen.
    he's got a great personality, he's a hilarious dude, can give a bit of insight on the team without saying dumb stuff (Edwards).

Seems Berrian is on the NFLN quite a bit too.
    He guest hosted sure, but so did JA.
    who was the second person on the phone on the NFLN when Fave made his announcement?
    Berrian.
    I've seen him interviewed on NFLN quite a few times.

Lets put it this way, when the nFLN is looking for someone to interview, I'm betting the top candidates include Allen, Peterson and Berrian.
    No other defensive players really stand out to me as an outspoken guy, and they'll interview TJ when they're looking for details at the QB situation.
    But you are missing the point.....

If my assumption is correct, it doesn't matter who/what the NFLN/Media are looking for.
    If the PR Dept is called, they will run out the guy they have tapped.
    In this instance I believe that is JA.

As to AD.
    Face of the frachise for sure, but he sure isn't gonna go out and make any speeches/interviews my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    He's not.
    However, if they had a guy they want talking to the press on the team, it would probably be Allen.
    he's got a great personality, he's a hilarious dude, can give a bit of insight on the team without saying dumb stuff (Edwards).

who was the second person on the phone on the NFLN when Fave made his announcement?
    Berrian.

Lets put it this way, when the nFLN is looking for someone to interview, I'm betting the top candidates include Allen, Peterson and Berrian.
    No other defensive players really stand out to me as an outspoken guy, and they'll interview TJ when they're looking for details at the QB situation.

If my assumption is correct, it doesn't matter who/what the NFLN/Media are looking for.

As to AD.
    Face of the frachise for sure, but he sure isn't gonna go out and make any speeches/interviews my friend.

no, I agree with that.
    But if the NFLN is targeting players (not the PR dept), those are the three they'll probably pick.
    They like Allen, Berrian is on enough taht they seem to like him, and they'll want to hear what Peterson has to say.
    But yes, I think Allen would be the PR's choice.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    He's not.

Berrian.

As to AD.
    Face of the frachise for sure, but he sure isn't gonna go out and make any speeches/interviews My Sexy Little Pixie.

no, I agree with that.
    But if the NFLN is targeting players (not the PR dept), those are the three they'll probably pick.
    They like Allen, Berrian is on enough taht they seem to like him, and they'll want to hear what Peterson has to say.
    Again, if my assumption is correct (Vikes PR controls who talks) it doesn't matter who they target.
    If they don't want the press to talk/interview them they won't allow it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52561.msg976449#msg976449 date=1248956158]
    He's not.

Berrian.

As to AD.
    Face of the frachise for sure, but he sure isn't gonna go out and make any speeches/interviews My Sexy Little Pixie.

no, I agree with that.
    Again, if my assumption is correct (Vikes PR controls who talks) it doesn't matter who they target.
    [/quote]

probably correct, but like I said, if they target a player, thats probably who they pick.

If the NFLN calls up the Vikings and says "Hey, I want to talk interview someone about how TC went, can we contact Peterson?"
    They'll probably say fine.
    I'm sure they don't always say "I wanna talk to you guys, who's available?"
    They ahve the ability to request certain players and I'm sure they do.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52561.msg976453#msg976453 date=1248956556]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52561.msg976449#msg976449 date=1248956158]
    He's not.

Berrian.

As to AD.

no, I agree with that.
    [/quote]

probably correct, but like I said, if they target a player, thats probably who they pick.

If the NFLN calls up the Vikings and says "Hey, I want to talk interview someone about how TC went, can we contact Peterson?"
    [/quote]
    Could be, however, I believe it kindof goes the other way with organizations that try to control the media.
    I think they would say, no, but we can make JA available.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

I don't know if it's anything official but you just know the team loves him being out there. He's funny, smart, and will give you the optimistic truth.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

"Tad7" wrote:
    I don't know if it's anything official but you just know the team loves him being out there. He's funny, smart, and will give you the optimistic truth.
    Optimistic truth or spin the PR dept wants to put out?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

JA would make a good spokesperson because he is not politically correct, is an asshole and he doesn't care that hs is one.
    He talks big and backs himself up.
    People like him are the reason that many like to watch the game.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    JA would make a good spokesperson because he is not politically correct, is an donkey butt and he doesn't care that hs is one.
    He talks big and backs himself up.
    People like him are the reason that many like to watch the game.
    Exactly.
    Throw in the fact that he can be coached to toe the party line and he is a natural fit for what the Org wants to spin.

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=52561.msg976457#msg976457 date=1248956814]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52561.msg976453#msg976453 date=1248956556]
    He's not.

Berrian.

As to AD.

no, I agree with that.
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    Could be, however, I believe it kindof goes the other way with organizations that try to control the media.
    I think they would say, no, but we can make JA available.
    [/quote]

So you really think they'd say "No, you can't talk to Peterson."?

They would probably say "well, I don't know, but Allen should be available", but if they have their mind set on Peterson, or want more than one opinion, I don't see why they'd decline.
    He's a young superstar in the league, doesn't say dumb stuff in the media, and people will pay attention.
    He doesn't have the same "it" factor to him that Allen has in the media, but he is sought after at times.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast