Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

JA - Spokesman for the team?

How many times was he on TV or the radio in the last 2 weeks or so?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re: JA - Spokesman for the team?

I said no even though TV may consider him that... frankly he's got the personality and vocabulary to make for decent TV but with only a year vested on the team I can't believe the entire locker room stands behind him no matter how flamboyant his personality or the impact he had.
    I've got to believe people like Phat Pat, Winny, or even a relative new comer like Hutch would be better spokemen for the entire "team".
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    I said no even though TV may consider him that... frankly he's got the personality and vocabulary to make for decent TV but with only a year vested on the team I can't believe the entire locker room stands behind him no matter how flamboyant his personality or the impact he had.
    I've got to believe people like Phat Pat, Winny, or even a relative new comer like Hutch would be better spokemen for the entire "team".
    I think it is much more than just the whole locker room my friend.
    I think the Vikes PR staff might be making him available.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    I think it is much more than just the whole locker room My Sexy Little Pixie.
    Oh I'm sure they are, he definitely raises awareness of the Vikings by making for entertaining TV so from the point of view of the Vikings, he may be the spokesmen for the Franchise, I just don't see him being the spokesmen for the locker room.
    I guess I didn't translate team to be the Vikings franchise.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    If I were the Vikings PR I would.
    Allen has got the "it" factor with regards to media relations.
    He is a live wire, makes newsworthy quotes, and is smart enough not to put the team in a bind.
    That's a rare gift and it should be used.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Oh I'm sure they are, he definitely raises awareness of the Vikings by making for entertaining TV so from the point of view of the Vikings, he may be the spokesmen for the Franchise, I just don't see him being the spokesmen for the locker room.
    I guess I didn't translate team to be the Vikings franchise.
    I am of a mind that the Vikes try to keep all the players from just speaking with the press in an effort to keep the spin down a bit.

My guess is that JA is that front man.

"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    If I were the Vikings PR I would.
    Allen has got the "it" factor with regards to media relations.
    He is a live wire, makes newsworthy quotes, and is smart enough not to put the team in a bind.
    That's a rare gift and it should be used.
    He does have a way of getting the message across as well as taking a bit of the limelight from any given issue and putting it on himself.

I smell PR dept all the way.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would say, officially... no.
    He's not.
    However, if they had a guy they want talking to the press on the team, it would probably be Allen.
    he's got a great personality, he's a hilarious dude, can give a bit of insight on the team without saying dumb stuff (Edwards).

Seems Berrian is on the NFLN quite a bit too.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    He's not.
    However, if they had a guy they want talking to the press on the team, it would probably be Allen.
    he's got a great personality, he's a hilarious dude, can give a bit of insight on the team without saying dumb stuff (Edwards).

He guest hosted sure, but so did JA.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    He's not.

He guest hosted sure, but so did JA.
    who was the second person on the phone on the NFLN when Fave made his announcement?
    Berrian.
    I've seen him interviewed on NFLN quite a few times.
    Lets put it this way, when the nFLN is looking for someone to interview, I'm betting the top candidates include Allen, Peterson and Berrian.
    No other defensive players really stand out to me as an outspoken guy, and they'll interview TJ when they're looking for details at the QB situation.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast