singersp is offline PPO Newshound

JA, his season & his future

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I understand he doesn't want to be in a rotation, but the REAL question is will he be willing to take less to be a 3 down player? Teams will be more likely to take a chance and make those kinds of promises to him if he doesn't cost them the price of 3 decent players.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    I understand he doesn't want to be in a rotation, but the REAL question is will he be willing to take less to be a 3 down player? Teams will be more likely to take a chance and make those kinds of promises to him if he doesn't cost them the price of 3 decent players.
    I'm certain JA is realistic, i.e. he isn't expecting $17M a year (or$14M, or whatever) to continue his NFL career. Not sure how low he will go, but given his age and lack of production this season (when he has allegedly been healthy), I can't see any team giving him more than $7M-$8M a season...if that.

At any rate...not accounting for year by year results, just looking overall....I think JA earned every dollar he was paid by the Vikings. If it makes you feel better, tell yourself he was paid that $17M cap figure for his 22 sack season. Finishing up his sixth season with the Vikings, Allen has 81 sacks, or an average of about 13.5 sacks per season. Yeah, he earned his deal....
    SKOL VIKINGS!